That's a neat little keyboard attachment wireless?
    Also I didn't know laptops allowed you to change clocks in bios :O

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    That's a neat little keyboard attachment wireless?
    Also I didn't know laptops allowed you to change clocks in bios :O
    Yes, it is. And very good as well considering they only paid around $50 for it. The touch pad even supports multi-touch (or at least reacts differently if you use two fingers), so it has a few smart "gestures" that you can use when navigating.

Apparently so, I fiddled a bit in the BIOS and now it says it's running at 1.73Ghz instead of the previous 1.6...
    Last edited by Marest; 2011-10-04 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Yes, it is. And very good as well considering they only paid around $50 for it. The touch pad even supports multi-touch (or at least reacts differently if you use two fingers), so it has a few smart "gestures" that you can use when navigating.
    can you provide model name?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Anball2

MSI GTX 560 Ti | Crucial M4 64GB

Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post
    can you provide model name?
    It's an Acer Extenza 5620, and the CPU is a T2330 if I'm not mistaken: http://ark.intel.com/products/32432/...533-MHz-FSB%29
    I believe that I changed the multiplier from 12 to 13, having the BUS speed at the regular 133Mhz, but I can't remember.

actually i was interested in a keyboard rather than a laptop :P
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Anball2

MSI GTX 560 Ti | Crucial M4 64GB

Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post
    actually i was interested in a keyboard rather than a laptop :P
    Haha, sorry, my bad ^^

Honestly, there doesn't seem to be much information on it. It's a Plexgear keyboard, bought at "Kjell & Co" and all it says on the keyboard itself is "2.4Ghz touchpad keyboard, 91959". The closest thing I could find: http://www.amazon.com/DSI-Wireless-K.../dp/B000MLB6V4
    Last edited by Marest; 2011-10-04 at 02:44 PM.

Finally, the time has come. system upgraded, pics included!

New setup:
    HAF 912
    Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3
    i5 2500k
    Corsair A70
    2X4GB vengeance LP RAM
    GTX 460
    Corsair TX 650

big nasty mess of cables

The A70 is really massive

Finished on the inside (this is before I put the Gigabyte board in - Had 2 DIMM slots go on my other board)

All in all, not too difficult to build. The HAF 912 is a nice case, but leaves a good amount to be desired for cable management. there isn't a TON of space behind the back panel to run cables. I would definitely suggest a modular power supply to help, but even that may not be enough to make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Finally, the time has come. system upgraded, pics included!

New setup:
    HAF 912
    Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3
    i5 2500k
    Corsair A70
    2X4GB vengeance LP RAM
    GTX 460
    Corsair TX 650

big nasty mess of cables

The A70 is really massive

All in all, not too difficult to build. The HAF 912 is a nice case, but leaves a good amount to be desired for cable management. there isn't a TON of space behind the back panel to run cables. I would definitely suggest a modular power supply to help, but even that may not be enough to make a huge difference.
    Talk about huge, I think my cable management was much worse. Next time I'm definitely going for modular

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...t=SDC10121.jpg

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...t=SDC10122.jpg

plenty of room in the 912 if you take some time :P

but a modular does help of course

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...t=SDC10121.jpg

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...t=SDC10122.jpg

plenty of room in the 912 if you take some time :P

but a modular does help of course
    It does seem like you have the newer model with black interior. I had that one too. Maybe it has more space than the first revision, I don't know...

With 6 harddrives, one SSD, dual gpu, and stuff like that, it became a little crowded with cables for my HAF 912, enough for me to go get an Obsidian 650D.

So you got your P8P67 PRO to work eventually? What was the problem?
    Obsidian 350D | i7 2700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110 | ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77 | 32GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan @ 1.1Ghz 7Ghz Mem | 500GB SSD | 4TB Stripe

unfortunately not, that's an "old" picture, scan has the motherboard and is hopefully gonna find it knackered and send me a replacement, i had it scansured so even if i knackered it during installation it's covered, thank the lord for that extra couple quid spent

and yeah, the black interior is the 912 plus, as far as i'm aware there's no size difference, most the paint (none black inside cases look horrid), the space behind the motherboard is tight, but a couple hours jiggery pokery does the trick

Yeah, I didn't want to take a couple of hours doing cable management. I want my computer done and moved on. My back can't take hours hunched over doing cables, either.

I think I did I fairly decent job with my time.

unfortunately not, that's an "old" picture, scan has the motherboard and is hopefully gonna find it knackered and send me a replacement, i had it scansured so even if i knackered it during installation it's covered, thank the lord for that extra couple quid spent
    Having paid $250 (err.. around that value..) for a P8P67 WS Revolution that went straight to the scrapheap, I wish my retailer would've offered the same thing >.<. Seems like a reasonable thing to invest in given the shady rules and practices they have around replacing a broken board.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 08:53 PM ----------

I bought this IPS. How crazy am I?
    Obsidian 350D | i7 2700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110 | ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77 | 32GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan @ 1.1Ghz 7Ghz Mem | 500GB SSD | 4TB Stripe

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I love my IPS panel lol

It does seem like you have the newer model with black interior.
    There's the HAF912 and then there's the HAF912 +/Plus/Advanced, but as far as I'm aware it was only sold around Asia and Aus/NZ. The stores around here definitely still it, I dunno about US.

http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139...ctdetails.html

* Mod edit: The rule about images being >800pixels wide also applies to multiple images on the same line.
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2011-10-06 at 10:59 PM.

Having paid $250 (err.. around that value..) for a P8P67 WS Revolution that went straight to the scrapheap, I wish my retailer would've offered the same thing >.<. Seems like a reasonable thing to invest in given the shady rules and practices they have around replacing a broken board.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 08:53 PM ----------

I hear any IPS monitor has superior quality. (Emphasis)

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I hear any IPS monitor has superior quality. (Emphasis)
    I hear some have banding issues. Afaik the LG one shouldn't have, that it is true 8 bpc.

Edit: maybe it's not. All I can go by are forum posts. Some say this and some say that >.< But it's cheap, so maybe not.

edit2: found the tech-sheet over the panel used in the IPS236V (according to TFT Central), and it is indeedy a 6-bit. I suppose I can't get away getting true 8 bit for that price?
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-10-04 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    There's the HAF912 and then there's the HAF912 +/Plus/Advanced, but as far as I'm aware it was only sold around Asia and Aus/NZ. The stores around here definitely still it, I dunno about US.

<snip>
    Yeah, the 912+ isn't available around these parts afaik. Makes me sad. I still love the 912 for the cost as a mid tower unit, just leaves a little bit to be desired. My next build I'm probably going full tower, something similar to the phantom, or maybe even the HAFx because i really like CM. Also debating on how to structure fans in the 912. Thinking about adding

2X 200mm CM megaflows

One for the front, one for the top, taking the stock intake on the front and using it as intake on the side. Would give me front 200mm intake, side 120mm intake, rear 120mm exhaust, top 200mm exhaust. Would give me a balance of the same set of intake/exhaust fans as well.

Thoughts?

Nice to see some good reviews from for the 912. Just got done getting the parts for my new gaming rig today. MicroCenter has some crazy deals on some of the parts. Here's the spec of the rig.

CM HAF 912
    Asus P8Z68-V LX
    Intel i5 2500k
    G.Skill Ripjaw 8BG(2x 4GB) DDR3 1600
    PNY GeForce GTX 560 ti
    WD Caviar Black 750GB
    Antec HCG 620W

I should be putting this together Wednesday or Thursday depending on when the rest of the parts from Newegg got here. When I finally get the whole rig built and put together, I'll make sure to post pics. First build for me so wish me luck ^_^
    Last edited by Trekk; 2011-10-05 at 07:11 PM.

and yeah, the black interior is the 912 plus, as far as i'm aware there's no size difference, most the paint (none black inside cases look horrid), the space behind the motherboard is tight, but a couple hours jiggery pokery does the trick
    Scansure is pretty handy for the more expensive parts. I don't personally use it (even on the expensive items, unless it's purchased for someone else) since I has magic hands. Not only do I never break components, but by simply touching computers, I can resolve myriad different computer problems - software or hardware!

(Verified in laboratory conditions.)

(Okay, so it's just a habit of things fixing themselves when I touch them. Sometimes it's a PEBKAC, I'll concede that.)

Still waiting on my goddamn dremel disks to arrive so I can chop my 700D up. Ordered a bunch of hex bolts, some u-channel and a cheapo right-angle barb (so I can properly run the tubing behind my motherboard plate instead of it nearly kinking). Since it's been three weeks already for the dremel disks, my bet is on the other gubbins arriving first.

Oh, but when it all gets here... I'll still need to get some acrylic.
    Last edited by FlawlessSoul; 2011-10-05 at 02:07 AM.