Power Supply: Corsair 850HX
    Processor: Intel Core i5 - 750
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
    Memory: GSkill 8GB DDR3 SDRAM
    Hard Drive 1: Intel SSD 510, 120GB
    Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Black 1TB
    Hard Drive 3: Western Digital Black 1TB
    Video Card: PNY 460GTX
    Last edited by Gamer2k1; 2012-04-11 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    No. It's a British thing, 1 quid = 1 pound.

May also be used in surrounding countries (ireland, euro) but in sweden saying quid makes no sense ;o

Edit. Adding a picture of my old mutilated Acer for making this post look less off-topic.
    [img]http://web.comhem.se/ted-filer/2.jpg[/mg]
    It's a C2Q 8400 OC'd at 3.2GHz in there. Or.. there was. Also I switched the way of the CPU fan.
    When I looked at that I was instantly reminded of a rather mind-blowing feature of Thermaltake's Level10 GT - the HDD docking rail. That thing eliminates the SHITSTORM of cables when you have too many HDD's. It's basically a parallel rail that sits behind your HDD cage providing equally-spaced power and data SATA connectors (because a single PSU connector can easily power many, many HDD's). I'd imagine there would be multiple data wires used though because a single sata port can only handle the bandwidth of max 3 HDD's or 1 SSD.
    Manufacturers really need to make something like that more common in newer cases.

edit: Ergo! A pic:

It's beautiful!
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-10-29 at 01:34 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted

May also be used in surrounding countries (ireland, euro) but in sweden saying quid makes no sense ;o
    Guess I got that all wrong then lol and now that you mentioned it all suddenly makes sense!

Heck, I'd forgotten about the power-rail on my case. Though I presently still only have a single hard drive, so there you go.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That thing is gorgeous Xuvial! I WANT ONE!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted

Edit. Adding a picture of my old mutilated Acer for making this post look less off-topic.

It's a C2Q 8400 OC'd at 3.2GHz in there. Or.. there was. Also I switched the way of the CPU fan.
    That's some pro cable management you've got there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cables were a mess in that case but heck it was mATX, from the beginning a cheap pre-built with no space behind the mobo plate. The case is in the scrapheap, though the components live on in a friend's case.

Yeah cables were a mess in that case but heck it was mATX
    don't blame matx, it is good enough for nice cable management.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cables were a mess in that case but heck it was mATX, from the beginning a cheap pre-built with no space behind the mobo plate. The case is in the scrapheap, though the components live on in a friend's case.
    Something similar to this with my old Gateway. The case is on the floor just... sitting there. lol. The motherboard and such are in my friend's new CM 690II Nvidia edition. It was nice to be able to pass all that to a friend. Though an E5200 and GeForce 9800GT is still pretty rough for these days. =X
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post
    don't blame matx, it is good enough for nice cable management.
    Was that some kind of "I stopped reading there"-moment for you? :P

Why would I have any interest of cable management in an OEM case with no case fans, for that matter?
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-10-29 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Why would I have any interest of cable management in an OEM case with no case fans, for that matter?
    I have to agree with Wries here. OEM mATX cases have no solutions whatsoever to help make sure the cable management is good.... it's more or less impossible without a good modular power supply.
    "A flower.

Finally put my machine back together after a clean and rebuild/reconfig. Sleeved cables, redone cable management and a new fanhole cut in the case. Will be doing the case side and modifying the front bay covers before I get around to posting pics, though. Got some time this week for that.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rebuilt my computer today in a Fractal Design Define Mini tower case, cause the Thermaltake Armor 30 sucks balls for cooling. The Fractal is quiet as hell with the 3 fans I got going in it, and I plan on putting 3 more in at a later date. The case supports 6 fans, the two on the front and the bottom case fan will be connected to my front controller while the rear, top and side fans will all be on the stock fan controller. It's a nice case and the noise level is a non issue even with the two stock fans plus a Scythe Gentle Typhoon fan in there.

i7 2600k (not yet overclocked - just built it)
    Asus P8Z69 V-Pro Motherboard
    EVGA GTX 570 Classified GPU
    16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz (it was on offer).
    120GB OCZ Agility SSD
    Hyper 212+ Coolermaster CPU Cooler
    Antec 902 Case

Not just for gaming, but also video editting etc. Love it so far, better than my E6600 / Radeon 4870 set up.

Thoughts on the Silverstone Raven rv03? Going to include it in my next build, if there's any secret flaws I don't know, please tell me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Thoughts on the Silverstone Raven rv03? Going to include it in my next build, if there's any secret flaws I don't know, please tell me
    All the raven cases are very solid and highly recommended. The only gripe I had with my RV-02 was the sub-par HDD bays.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

okay maybe it was

just thought you speak in general, so i start raging because i love my Arc Mini :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post
    okay maybe it was

just thought you speak in general, so i start raging because i love my Arc Mini :3
    Aye, next build I do could possibly be a mATX, since I wouldn't mind having a smaller box. Would be good to show off when fighting against my "Mac foh life" friends who of course have "PC too big.." as some kind of argument against me.

It's good seeing some really nice mATX mobos now too. Ow well the ASUS ROG Gene-Z one. Want to see more of that in the future.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-10-30 at 09:55 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    My microATX board by Gigabyte is pretty good, supports up to 16GB which is fine since I have 12GB and it's almost overkill but the upside is it has Crossfire support. The advantage is it's also a Z68 board so I can OC it when I get a better cooler (probably a Corsair H70). I have pondered getting another 6870 but unfortunately none of them will fit because the dual slot cards will pretty much touch my power supply in my Fractal Define Mini case. Most cases in that form factor lack sufficient space to do Crossfire or SLI though, I was pretty much torn between the NZXT Dragon Slayer and the Fractal Define Mini, went with the latter obviously and am extremely happy with the cooling and how much it baffles in the noise.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-10-31 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The advantage is it's also a Z68 board so I can OC it when I get a better cooler (probably a Corsair H70).
    The problem with mATX boards in general, though, is that their overclockability is reduced by simpler VRM design, often already showing off in BIOS, lacking features such as adjustable Load Line Calibration and manual voltage. My P35, or whatever it was, mATX could not adjust CPU voltage at all and when configuring a friend's P8P67-M Pro I could witness that they had really scaled down on the overclocking features, probably due to the 4+1 Phase VRM design.

Now I can't find any review on your board nor much user talk about it in forums, so I don't know.. It may OC like a champ. I mention the Asus (Maximus IV) ROG Gene-Z because it got picked up by reviewers and it turned out it's feature filled to the max, with a decent VRM design considering the size.