Err, you just shifted the bottleneck to the hard drive. o.o

Drunken is spot on. Get an SSD and you will really lower issues with loading programs slowly. ;p
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Drunken is spot on. Get an SSD and you will really lower issues with loading programs slowly. ;p
    I have an SSD, for my OS. I don't really think I can afford to get one to use for all my big applications plus my Steam games :P

Get a 240GB SSD!

I'm feeling a little edgy about my purchase now, because I realized rather late that I'm now nearly broke and still haven't begun Christmas shopping... I completely forgot.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Get a 240GB SSD!

I'm feeling a little edgy about my purchase now, because I realized rather late that I'm now nearly broke and still haven't begun Christmas shopping... I completely forgot.
    Forgot about Christmas? That's a good one. Honestly, i should try that. I don't think my "I don't care about Christmas" attitude will work for many more years even if that is how i really feel every year =\
    [...]

Saving for a major upgrade. But this is what I have atm.

keyboard: Saitek cyborg

Mouse: Razer mamba 2012 edition

Headset: Plantronics around the neck style. Noting special. But work great.

Monitor: Acer 22Inch. (forget exact model)

Case: Raidmax Dirk-Tooth

CPU: Phenom II X4 9950 bE

MB: Asus M3a79-T Deluxe

Old Creative SB audigy 2 Platinum EX. Works good surprisingly since it's about 7 years old. lol

GPU GTX 560ti. But just won a GTX 570 from Guild launch.

Ram: Crucial Ballistx DDR2 8gigs
    Whopping 401 MHz

Can't wait for a great upgrade. Hopefully in the next few months.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Well kill me dead, I just bought my first laptop - desperately needed it for work, bedroom studying, watching stuff on TV, light portable gaming, etc and I couldn't exactly carry around my 25kg tower around the house.
    I wish I could build one with my own hands but laptops don't work that way, not without costing an arm and a leg :P

Specs:
    Model: Asus N55SF White
    CPU: Intel i5 2430M <--should be powerful enough
    RAM: 8GB 1333MHz DDR3
    Display: 15.6" (1600x900) LED Backlight <--Great resolution for a 15.6" screen
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 2GB DDR3 VRAM <--enough for most games at low/med settings.
    Ports: 2 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0 <--I love USB3!
    Dimensions: 37.9 x 26.1 x 3.7 ~3.75 cm (WxDxH)
    Weight: 2.7 kg (with 6 cell battery)

I will replace the pathetic 5400RPM drive with a 128gb SSD later down the road (limited to Sata2 since I highly doubt the laptop is using a Sata3 port), now that I have a taste for SSD's I simply can't go back to slow boots/performance ever again

The most I'll play on it is some Portal, Audiosurf, Batman, Amnesia, you know those singleplayer "games you play when you're bored" kind of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    Saving for a major upgrade. But this is what I have atm.

keyboard: Saitek cyborg
    Mouse: Razer mamba 2012 edition
    Headset: Plantronics around the neck style. Noting special. But work great.
    Monitor: Acer 22Inch. (forget exact model)
    Case: Raidmax Dirk-Tooth
    CPU: Phenom II X4 9950 bE
    MB: Asus M3a79-T Deluxe
    Old Creative SB audigy 2 Platinum EX. Works good surprisingly since it's about 7 years old. lol
    GPU GTX 560ti. But just won a GTX 570 from Guild launch.

Ram: Crucial Ballistx DDR2 8gigs
    Whopping 401 MHz

Can't wait for a great upgrade. Hopefully in the next few months.
    A big gratz on winning that GTX570! But what are you going to do with it? It's hardly an upgrade over the 560 Ti, I would probably sell the 570 and buy another 560 Ti for SLI. Or sell the 560 Ti and run SLI 570 with a 120hz monitor for an absolute BEAST of a gaming computer :P
    And I believe that Audigy 2 Platinum EX should still be better than most onboard sound solutions.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-12-18 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Forgot about Christmas? That's a good one. Honestly, i should try that. I don't think my "I don't care about Christmas" attitude will work for many more years even if that is how i really feel every year =\
    I didn't forget Christmas... I forgot expenses related to it. ._.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    You can't say I didn't warn you about spending it all at once now, can you? :]

My computer is far from special, but it runs WoW on max graphics, and SW:ToR on medium graphics smoothly, max is choppy but only in large towns.

Intel Core 2 Duo E660 @ 2.4ghz
    ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB
    4 GB RAM
    320 GB Hard Drive

Can't remember the case model, but it's an Alienware knock off case, but with no aliens. Same look as alot of Alienware stuff, LED strips on the front / sides, a clear case on the left side, with an LED fan. Pretty beautiful, maybe not what I would have chosen, but it was a bit of a hand-me-down from my brother when he went into the military. I've upgraded a few things inside the comp since I got it, but the case has remained.

It's not spectacular, but it runs everything really great. Since I have dual 20" monitors, I was going to buy a 2nd graphics card and dedicate them to my screens, but it runs so smoothly it's kinda not worth it, especially since I plan on getting a new laptop soon that will be far better than my desktop... Or a decent laptop and upgrade my desktop(??). I dunno what I'm gonna do. Suggestions?!

Can't remember all the specs off the top of my head as I'm at work (Currently on my sister's absolute shit laptop).
    Last edited by Mr Gnomage; 2011-12-18 at 02:30 PM.

This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Get a 240GB SSD!
    Is it bad that even a 240GB SSD would be too small for all my stuff? :|

And no that's NOT including storage.
    Node 304 | i7 3770 | H77N WIFI | 2x4GiB HyperX 1600 | 2x512GB MX100 | MSI GTX970 4GiB | U2711 | 6GV2 | Naga Hex Wrath | Yamaha RX-V550 | Win8.1 Pro
    15" Retina MBP | i7 4960HQ | 16GiB 1600 | 512GB PCIe SSD | IRIS Pro + GT750M | G700S | OSX 10.10

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Is it bad that even a 240GB SSD would be too small for all my stuff? :|

And no that's NOT including storage.
    Nope, I'm in the same boat... my Steam/Origin games HDD has 275GB of data on it (and that's not counting Windows + WoW + Firefox/Thunderbird on my current 64GB SSD... which only has ~4.5GB of free space left )

Get a 240GB SSD!

I'd be looking at more along the lines of a 350GB SSD at minimum. My secondary drive is 2TB and I still have 1TB of space left on it. Odds are I have at least 500GB used on Steam games and that keeps growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'd be looking at more along the lines of a 350GB SSD at minimum. My secondary drive is 2TB and I still have 1TB of space left on it. Odds are I have at least 500GB used on Steam games and that keeps growing.
    Usually you wouldnt put every game you own on your ssd. its not like you play that 500 gigs of steam games..

Quote Originally Posted by chadbrah View Post
    Usually you wouldnt put every game you own on your ssd. its not like you play that 500 gigs of steam games..
    That's what I was thinking, you can only play so many games at the same damn time -_- especially if one of them is an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chadbrah View Post
    Well, the larger games would yes, but my library is quite extensive considering I have only owned gaming PC's less then 2 years. I'd say my Steam library is around 350GB right now and I still can't manage to finish off the Dragon Age: Origins download because doing so would consume my entire months bandwidth (Rogers 30GB cap fail and having 2 other users who are YouTube addicts in my house) since it's the special edition with the expansion which is like 32GB, I am about 25% into the download though, in January I will probably finish it off since I have bought a good 15GB worth of games this month.

A dedicated GPU fan is all good (I have one too in my Lvl10GT, and I can say with a straight face its fan is better than HAF X), but the damned fans in HAF X have ridiculously short cables.

Pissed me off to no end. They used molex connectors to make the cable longer, sure, but that is a rather moot point in my opinion. It wasn't necessarily a problem finding mobo fan slots in range for the fans though, but the sidepanel was a real pain in the ass when the cable for its fan barely reached the nearest fan slot.

I like the Lvl10GT's door, where the fan on it is connected to the case by a contact surface that it meets when the door is shut. Prefer how the HAF X's other sidepanel is though, but I'd moreso love ala 650D/800D's panels even more.
    My 140mm rear fan and both 200mm top fans (yes I have the extra one installed) all easily reach the fan headers on my MOBO. I could plug my 200mm side GPU fan into one of the mobo fan headers but then I would see the cable through the side window. Only that side fan and the front fan are connected directly to the PSU but my PSU has molex -to- 3pin adapters.

The cable for the side fan really is short but my guess is that is done on purpose so you can easily connect or disconnect it when ever you remove the side panel. I have the cable tucked down under the bottom of the HDD cage so it's out of the way and not visible through the window at all. My MOBO has a total of 6 fan headers, 4 of which are along the top so I guess that's why I had no issues with all my exhaust fans and CPU cooler easily reaching a fan header.

I would like to know how the side fan on your Lvl10GT is "better". It's the same size, same speed, same air flow. The only difference, and it's in the HAF X's favor, is the HAF X side fan has an air duct that helps channel that air directly onto the GPUs. An open fan like in the Lvl10GT does blow air on the cards but with out that duct the air has the chance to dissipate before reaching the cards.

If for what ever reason you don't like that air duct it is removable. Just to compare fan options between the two cases

Lvl10GT: Front Intake 200 x 20mm; Rear Exhaust 140 x 25mm; Top Exhaust 200 x 30mm (single only); Side Intake 200 x 30mm; Optional Bottom Intake 120 x 25mm

HAF X: Front Intake 230 x 30mm; Rear Exhaust 140 x 25mm; Top Exhaust 200 x 30mm (with option for a second identical fan); Side Intake 200 x 30mm; Optional VGA Fan Duct 120 x 25/38mm; Optional VGA Bracket 80 x 15mm.

So in comparison the Lvl10GT has fewer and in some cases smaller fan options when compared to the HAF X. The only thing I will give a nod to is the optional bottom in-take fan. But the HAF X has a larger front intake fan and an option for a second top exhaust fan and that space can be used for a radiator allowing you have have a radiator but still keep the stock exhaust fan in place. The HAF X also has the option to have a total of 3 different fans blowing air directly onto your GPUs. Those extra GPU fans do not make a huge difference but if you are running an SLI set up every little bit can help.
    Last edited by Organoth; 2011-12-20 at 05:07 AM.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    I would like to know how the side fan on your Lvl10GT is "better". It's the same size, same speed, same air flow. The only difference, and it's in the HAF X's favor, is the HAF X side fan has an air duct that helps channel that air directly onto the GPUs. An open fan like in the Lvl10GT does blow air on the cards but with out that duct the air has the chance to dissipate before reaching the cards.
    The Level 10 GT have as near an air-duct it needs, via its directed air flow. In fact, it's a bigger advantage as it directs air flow, but does not suppress its spread.
    Not to mention that you're able to angle it yourself.

Honestly, you come off very strong on the fanboy-side, and feel the need to defend and justify your purchase. I get that. But the rest of us might have very differing opinions. I'm glad your HAF X works out for you. It's by no means a bad case. In fact, it might even be above average. But it's nowhere near a fantastic or near-perfect case.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm glad your HAF X works out for you. It's by no means a bad case. In fact, it might even be above average. But it's nowhere near a fantastic or near-perfect case.
    Going to go ahead and say I agree with tetrisGOAT here, someone who has been using a HAF X for a good 9 months now and has had to open it up more times than he'd like to remember, it's a great case, it has its features, but it also has its flaws.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

HAF-X: ugly case, cheap feel, low build quality
    Level10GT: also an ugly case, good feel, decent build quality

if i had to pick between the two, i choose the CM Silencio 550

one of the machines i use for folding has the HAF-X, let me go over what I find wrong with it:

cheap metal/plastic
    no refinement
    still uses thumbscrews

the Level10GT fixes those issues, but has it's own:

tiny side window
    minimal watercooling support
    looks like an ugly stepchild compared to the original Level10

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s