Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i've stopped trying to justify purchases, if i want something and i have the funds then i buy it, if i don't have the funds i put it on a list of things i want, and if suddenly i come across some money then i refer to that list

although, something tells me i'll never get a $15,000 kitten, no matter how long i wait

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 09:33 PM ----------

i give them to friends an family, this time around my 990x/MB/Ram will be going to my brother who is an aspiring 3d modeler
    Well, seeing as how I have a car to pay off and I want to do it before the end of the year, RL priorities sometimes overtake my computer building addiction

Regardless, I am getting close to the half way point in my car pay off so I figure I should have it paid off by the fall. But on my current pay rate I am barely scraping by, when I get my work contract I get a $3 an hour raise so that's an extra 600 bucks a month which will allow me to start putting away from some better parts while saving some money too. Then full time pay 6 months after that is an extra $2 an hour on top of that so ultimately I wind up making a fair bit more then what I am making now, like 12,000 more annually.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'll never get a $15,000 kitten, no matter how long i wait
    lolwot?!

15 grand? But how?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Lawl! Just noticed this when I was going to figure out why mumble wouldn't start...

10+ Year Old Account
    Your mom is trying to control you even though you're of adult age?

That's sweet. :P

Are you trying to tell me to hop in mumble? ;p

(btw way to totally take this topic off-topic as usual!) >_<
    "A flower.

Well, figured out why mumble wouldn't start. Certificate ran out. Gonna have to figure how to deal with that sometime.. err, later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Neat! What are you planning? Two dual 120 rads in the bottom chamber and a triple 120 rad in top?
    this is what im planning:
    360 on the top (GPU)
    140 on the back (GPU)
    240 on the bottom (CPU)
    120 on the bottom front (CPU)

if i get 4 hd7970s i would probably add a 240 on the bottom and maybe a 200 on the front for the GPU loop

this is speculation atm as i dont have the case in front of me to see if any of this will work

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    lolwot?!

15 grand? But how?
    it's an F1 Serval Hybrid, they are awesome pets, but there is a high demand (mostly from celebrities looking for a new fashion accessory) and low supply (1-2 kittens per year, per mother) so they are a bit on the expensive side

360 on the top (GPU)
    140 on the back (GPU)
    240 on the bottom (CPU)

if i get 4 hd7970s i would probably add a 240 on the bottom and maybe a 200 on the front for the GPU loop

this is speculation atm as i dont have the case in front of me to see if any of this will work

it's an F1 Serval Hybrid, they are awesome pets, but there is a high demand (mostly from celebrities looking for a new fashion accessory) and low supply (1-2 kittens per year, per mother) so they are a bit on the expensive side
    i am also ordering a cosmos 2 case with the plans to run a dual loop once u get yours would u mind posting which radiators you place where and if they are push/pull also what brand radiators,

also what blocks are u looking at for the 7970 since i have 2 atm i might go to a 3rd havnt decided yet but want to know which blocks your looking at

thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Those things are beautiful.

Do you really need 360mm of rad just for the cpu? I would imagine the GPUs could use it more.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

How many HDDs/SSDs do you use? There are only two hotswap bays after all, and it sounds like what you're planning requires removing all HDD bays.

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    also what blocks are u looking at for the 7970 since i have 2 atm i might go to a 3rd havnt decided yet but want to know which blocks your looking at
    They're all reference so far. Koolance, EK and Aquacomputer have all more or less finished their product and are moving them into stock.

According to EK, they were surprised with the flowrate they got while maintaining a good performance. Personally, that's not why I ordered from them though, but I did order the Acetal+EN nickel anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    i am also ordering a cosmos 2 case with the plans to run a dual loop once u get yours would u mind posting which radiators you place where and if they are push/pull also what brand radiators,

thanks
    i don't have 7970's yet, for now its just an idea im throwing around,

im using Koolance blocks on my 590's and they are very impressive, but they are not as clean looking as the swiftech's full coverage blocks that came OEM on EVGA 590's

if you want better cooling get the Koolance block:

if you want it to look better, wait for a Swiftech or EK block

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 11:54 AM ----------

How many HDDs/SSDs do you use? There are only two hotswap bays after all, and it sounds like what you're planning requires removing all HDD bays.
    right now i have 6 HDD's and 2 SSD's

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know you have 2 SSDs.... or I forgot. Which are they?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I didn't know you have 2 SSDs.... or I forgot. Which are they?
    two crucial c300's i was able to pick up for free

10+ Year Old Account
    Free?!

/hate

I'll take a free pair of Shure SRH440s if anyone wants to send me some.... >_>
    "A flower.

right now i have 6 HDD's and 2 SSD's
    I think there's an SSD adapter, so you could place it on top of an HDD.

That would let you remove the HDD bays in the bottom and install two RX240 rads (60mm!) Then it'd be a matter of installing the RS360 in the top if I remember names right. After that you can install an RX140 over the exhaust I'd flip the fan of that last one for intake though, since the airflow would be fairly stagnant with the triple rad in the top.

The HDD bay directly below the 5.25" would stay, where you could install all your HDDs, imo. One or two would go into the hotswap bay I imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there's an SSD adapter, so you could place it on top of an HDD.

That would let you remove the HDD bays in the bottom and install two RX240 rads (60mm!) Then it'd be a matter of installing the RS360 in the top if I remember names right. After that you can install an RX140 over the exhaust I'd flip the fan of that last one for intake though, since the airflow would be fairly stagnant with the triple rad in the top.

The HDD bay directly below the 5.25" would stay, where you could install all your HDDs, imo. One or two would go into the hotswap bay I imagine.
    maybe, it's all speculation atm

the few cosmos II builds ive seen from reviewers and testers haven't been too impressive

personally if you are going to mod a case, when you are done it should look like it was made that way from the start, and not look like some kid went to town with a dremal tool in his parents garage, the one with the modded side window is a good example, his design was looking good in the inside, but my face planted firmly in my palm when i saw the screws on the exterior

Haha. Well, what I'm trying to propose shouldn't require mods in the first place, as there should be radiator mounts with the case for the bottom that would allow 2x 240s.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    did your aurora dye mess up yet? I have heard that it lasts 1 day and then the effect goes off, apparently it's not recommended for everyday use only for shows and such.

http://mayhems-aurora.wikispaces.com/
    Yeah it has diminished a bit, but when I get around to cleaning and swapping the tubing again I'll have it a lot cleaner so it will have a longer lasting effect, temps are still fine so I'm not worried. Both GPU's idle at 31 degrees celcius ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

360 on the top (GPU)
    140 on the back (GPU)
    240 on the bottom (CPU)

You should totally get a tj07 or a huge lian li case and mod the hell out of it, or get someone with experience to mod it for you(mnpctech?) that would look so sick. Would look unique. If i had the money I would do that. The cosmos is meh, tj07 or lian li modded are sexy as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should totally get a tj07 or a huge lian li case and mod the hell out of it, or get someone with experience to mod it for you(mnpctech?) that would look so sick. Would look unique. If i had the money I would do that. The cosmos is meh, tj07 or lian li modded are sexy as fuck.
    I think Cyanotical would want to do the modding. ;p Knowing him...
    "A flower.

Irony: The TJ07 are so popular in modding circles that the whole "unique" idea is moot.

Also, they may be good for modding, but the TJ07 apparently wasn't very impressive with the reviewers, who discovered its mobo tray to be a little... loose? Even when screwed in place, it would wiggle easily. Additionally, they're horrid for cable management according to Deltrus.