LCD screens on keyboards are a gimmick in my opinion and so are backlight keys. The info you get on keyboard LCD screens are usually useless(clocks, wow stats) they can all be done on your own computer screen. The vent one looks useful but you can just use a vent overlay anyways. That's just my opinion of course, but whatever... for 100$+ why not get a quality mechanical keyboard instead of some cheap keyboard. I had the original g35 and I barely used the LCD screen. And the backlight excuse is so dumb, everyone knows you just want it because it looks cool.

* User was infracted. The subject was asked to be dropped, this thread is derailed enough as it is. People are allowed to like what they want to like.
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2012-01-17 at 12:16 AM.

Like Drunkenvalley, what respect I had gained for you, Mortalis, is fast draining. 2 posts above yours, Uggor just told everyone to stay ON TOPIC of Post your gaming setup.... not bash keyboards or other peoples' opinions.

I'm sorry your experience with the G15 (not G35, that's a headset) was bad. I have had my version 2 of the G15 for 3+ years now and it works as good as it did when I first got it and I love it. Do I realize it's not the best keyboard out there? Yeah. But at the time when I got it my standards were much lower and I also saw it for only about $50-60 at my local Best Buy, so honestly? It was not expensive at all, compared to how many keyboards, even bad mechanical keyboards by certain companies who build them cheaply cost well over $100. Stop playing holier than thou, it's unbecoming of you on these forums and will not gain you any respect, as you are not doing it in a very respectful manner - OR in the right place.

* User was infracted. Report and move on, also, you could be a bit more respectful. Don't mock others knowledge with computers.
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2012-01-17 at 12:17 AM.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

That post was just to explain myself a bit more, fyi. I have always been that way, I always think my opinion is right even though everyone has their own tastes and I respect that. I'll just stop doing this I guess.

Yeah... typically when a mod tells you to stop whatever you're doing, you stop.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ore-posting%29
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

High Overlord

This is my triple 27'' monitor setup. Also on the desk is my ASUS G73JW A1. I'm using bose 2.1 for my desktop and some plantronics headset for...my head.
    Xbox in the back corner (never played). White reeboks on the left.

Also, citizen watch.

http://imgur.com/5MehF

link to the full size picture.
    MMO-Champion - Outrageously Liberal

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post

This is my triple 27'' monitor setup. Also on the desk is my ASUS G73JW A1. I'm using bose 2.1 for my desktop and some plantronics headset for...my head.

Also, citizen watch.

decent setup, but we could care less about your watch, shoes, and xbox

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    decent setup, but we could care less about your watch, shoes, and xbox
    Just thought I'd add a little more to my post by pointing out the other things. :-/

Also, how much less could you care?
    MMO-Champion - Outrageously Liberal

Just thought I'd add a little more to my post by pointing out the other things. :-/

Also, how much less could you care?
    would you like a critique of your system? or your shoes?

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

We couldn't care less I think was his point hehe

I like your setup, although it's clear where your money goes and that's not put towards the surroundings lol - A few things in that setup I wouldn't mind having.

@Optimo sorry if I missed if you mentioned tech specs somewhere else, but what GPU setup is powering your awesome triple monitors?
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-01-17 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    @Optimo sorry if I missed if you mentioned tech specs somewhere else, but what GPU setup is powering your awesome triple monitors?
    SLI'd MSI n580 GTX LE (3gb version), it was in his sig :P

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 07:56 AM ----------

Xbox in the back corner (never played).
    You should ship that over to me!

Also, citizen watch.

I think sitting that close to 27" will seriously damage your eyesight :P Or at least it does mine. I'm at least 60cm from my screens and still find it too close to take in everything around me.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Burning Legion EU - Fieran (Feral/Guardian) | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Played: EVE - 37mil SP | Rift Mage | Guild Wars 2 - Mesmer | SW:TOR Sage | BF4
    i7 3930K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - GTX Titan SLI - Samsung 750GB 840 EVO - Corsair 540 - Full WC - Triple 1440p Monitors

<pic snip>

Also, citizen watch.

27"? All just 1080p, I would assume? Too large for that resi, IMO. Causes some pixel blur and whatnot. Noticeable to me. Anything over 23" is outside of my preference. Otherwise, based on your sig, you've got a very nice rig.

Yeah, I have the 23.6" iiyamas and they are perfect for 1080, I can't stand anything bigger at the same res, looks bad imo.
    Digital Rumination
    i7 3930K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - GTX Titan SLI - Samsung 750GB 840 EVO - Corsair 540 - Full WC - Triple 1440p Monitors

I'm a bit puzzled by Mortalis' comment about backlit keyboards. Of course I wanted that feature because it looked cool. Why else? o_O It doesn't really tell me anything.

However, it's picture time.
    So Imma post some peripherals. Just gotta get 'em over from my iPhone (blergh, damn phone) and...

Oh, yeah, and don't buy these things.
    Gigabyte Aircruiser N300, which quite plainly suck. Also, this one unit in particular has died on me, so it won't be doing anything henceforth.

Inside the case...
    I didn't feel like moving the case for better lighting, so the iPhone bumped up the ISO by a lot, causing pixel artifacts all over. Oh well!

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 02:04 PM ----------

Yet more pictures.
    Some monitor, mouse and keyboard, derp. I tried to get some decent shots of the tablet, but I'll have to clean off the dust first.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 02:49 PM ----------

For the love of god... moar.

ohai I have had that headset for a good year+ now. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Oh yeah, who's name is that, that's right, MINE!

Also - snap on the headset and keyboard
    Digital Rumination

For a moment I thought you said your name was Dell, until I noticed the text on the monitor is actually readable.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    For a moment I thought you said your name was Dell, until I noticed the text on the monitor is actually readable.
    Yeah... name's definitely not Dell :P
    Digital Rumination

Snapped a couple quick pics of my new fan controller and cooler (visible through the window in the second pic). I bought the cooler more for looks and price than anything. I tossed a weak OC on my processor and it handles it just fine. Plenty of room to bump it up if I ever feel the need.

The fan controller is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I have the manual settings set for low noise. When I'm gaming or doing something that requires more power, I just pop a few fans into PWM mode and I'm good to go. The extra noise doesn't bother me at this point, because I generally have music on. Also moved the front 120mm stock case fan up top next to the stock 200mm fan and put new 120mm intake fans in front and on the side.

Last edited by PJSand; 2012-01-17 at 07:22 PM.
    | AMD 1090T BE @ 3.6Ghz | XFX Radeon HD 6770 | Ultra ChillTec Black CPU cooler |
    | ASUS M4A88T-V EVO MB | Sunbeamtech Rheosmart 6 Fan Controller | Thermaltake Armor A60 Case |
    | eXtreme Power Plus 500W | 8GB DDR3 RAM - 1333Mhz | WD Caviar Blue 320GB |