1. #6281
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Yep, that sounds weird Are you sure it's coming from the mobo and not speakers?
    Nah, it is definitely the motherboard, the sound started as soon as I installed it (I swapped out a nice ASUS MoBo because it had bad PCI spacing). I've searched around, thinking that I might have got a defective one, but there are people all over talking about how noisy this particular MoBo is. It has a mini-fan attached to the VRM sink, and I thought that might be causing it, but the sound continues even when the fan is unplugged.

    I'm just gonna have to live with it until I upgrade to Ivy Bridge and Z77 - which will probably happen around Christmas.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-02-27 at 04:05 PM.

  2. #6282
    Why not, since I'm a computer nut and well it's what I do for a living

    Processor: Intel Core i5 750 CPU @ 3.7 GHZ
    Memory: 16 GB gSkill DDR 3
    Motherboard: EVGA P55 FTW
    GPU: AMD Radeon 6950 2GB soft-modded to 6970 2GB.
    Hard Drive: 2x 1TB Western Digital Black's + 1 120GB OCZ Vertex III SSD drive.
    Case: Antec 300
    Monitor: Hanspree 27.5" inch HF289H + 19" ViewSonic VX92 (really want either a Dell u3011,3007, 3008 or a HP zrw30 but I think the wife will put a bullet in me)
    Mouse: Logitech MX518
    Keyboard: Saitek Cyborg v2
    OS: Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate

  3. #6283
    Immortal Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    7,760
    More pictures! makes it much more interesting. Random string of text is boring, no offense.
    Last edited by Notarget; 2012-02-27 at 05:06 PM.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1130MHz/1750MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: 1440p BenQ GW2765HT 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

  4. #6284
    tower case - ANCEC coolmax ( 2 front, 1 rear intake fans, 1 top exhaust)
    Mainboard - MSI NF725GM-P43
    CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black edition 3.2Ghz
    GPU - AMD Radeon 6670 1gig DDR 5
    Ram - 8 gig
    HDD - 1TB sata drive
    SSD - none
    PSU - (got to look at this one its bottom mounted )
    Monitor - AOC 19" (18" viewable )
    Keyboard - HP 5309U
    Mouse - logitech laser mouse with nano receiver ( mid 2008 release )
    headphone/mic - Gigaware USB hesdset.

  5. #6285
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    tower case - ANCEC coolmax ( 2 front, 1 rear intake fans, 1 top exhaust)
    I don't think this is optimal, with two front intake fans, you should probably turn that rear fan to exhaust.

  6. #6286
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I don't think this is optimal, with two front intake fans, you should probably turn that rear fan to exhaust.
    Depends, if the rear fan is providing the static for rad, intake is correct. If it's simply a fan doing nothing other than blowing air, you're correct.

  7. #6287
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Depends, if the rear fan is providing the static for rad, intake is correct.
    Well yeah, I guess I shouldn't have assumed it was just a regular fan, but that's the way I read it (since he didn't mention anything about WC).

  8. #6288
    Herald of the Titans Hargalaten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,585
    CPU: AMD Athlon ll X4 645
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Ram: Corsair Dominator 8 Gig 1866 Mhz
    HDD: : 1TB Sata Drive
    SSD: Agillity 3 60GB 2.5inch
    PSU: Cooler Master Powersupply Silent Pro M 850WATT
    Monitor: 22 inch TFT
    Keyboard: Logitech g110
    Mouse : Razer Naga
    Headset : Creative Fatal1ty
    Last edited by Hargalaten; 2012-02-27 at 05:45 PM.

    When you look long enough, Diglett's nose turns into a mouth with 1 tooth!

  9. #6289
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X 942
    Power supply: Corsair HX750
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth P67
    Processor: i7-2700k
    CPU Heatsink: Zalman 9900 MAX (Red)
    RAM: Mushkin Blackline 16gb
    Graphics card: Sapphire ATI 7970
    SSD: Crucial M4 128gb
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb

    Display: Asus VS248H-P; 24" LED LCD
    Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder x4
    Mouse: Asus GX800
    Headset: Steelseries Siberia v2

    This was from night 1 of the build. I hadn't done any cable running yet, only got the heatsink installed (which was a bit of a pain), and the motherboard mounted.




    And here's night 2, with everything connected. I went back and revised some of the cable management, mostly just ziptying all the little front panel connects and such, but was too lazy to take another picture.



    Edit: My bad on the large images. Click them to view larger versions.
    * Mod edit: You must've missed the big warning in the first post. Don't post huge pictures, >800px
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2012-02-27 at 08:33 PM.

  10. #6290
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,370
    That looks really slick, Mawaru, however I suggest you cut those down in size or just post the thumbnails before a mod sees. ;p
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  11. #6291
    Brewmaster Ghâzh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,306
    That looks sweet! But you're going to have to get some sleeved cables or else you're not doing the build a justice Some red bitfenix extension cables would definitely add the final touch.

    PS. Why don't we just flag the thread as "image heavy" and let it be. I'd much rather look at bigger pics than have smaller thumbnails that I have to click But that's just me..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.

  12. #6292
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    That looks sweet! But you're going to have to get some sleeved cables or else you're not doing the build a justice Some red bitfenix extension cables would definitely add the final touch.

    PS. Why don't we just flag the thread as "image heavy" and let it be. I'd much rather look at bigger pics than have smaller thumbnails that I have to click But that's just me..
    Rules are rules, I've grown accustomed to them, and you shall too in due time. :P
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  13. #6293
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    PS. Why don't we just flag the thread as "image heavy" and let it be. I'd much rather look at bigger pics than have smaller thumbnails that I have to click But that's just me..
    Ew, I'm the exact opposite... I'm kind of anal about large images, I like everything to be nice and uniform. >.<

    OT: Nice setup Mawaru, will you actually be using that 2700k?
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-02-27 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Typo

  14. #6294
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    That looks sweet! But you're going to have to get some sleeved cables or else you're not doing the build a justice Some red bitfenix extension cables would definitely add the final touch.
    I like that idea, actually. I'll have to take a look at Bitfinex's store when it isn't in maintenance, to compare prices of their store with all the other stores they have listed on their site. The main cable I want to extend is that 8 pin motherboard connector I currently have wrapped around the motherboard due to it not being quite long enough to feed behind the motherboard plate. I probably won't buy extensions for any of the others, since aside from the PCI-e power connectors, they only run a couple inches out of the rubber grommets.

  15. #6295
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12,895
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    OT: Nice setup Mawaru, will you actually be using that 2600k?
    Would surprise me, since he got an i7 2700k.
    And yea, rules are rules. I'd prefer being able to mod through my phones at times, else large threads seem to run away from me.

    Now I suggest we dropping any sidetracks, and for once, stick to posting builds and appreciations thereof.

  16. #6296
    I am Murloc! M0cha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawaru View Post
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X 942
    Power supply: Corsair HX750
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth P67
    Processor: i7-2700k
    CPU Heatsink: Zalman 9900 MAX (Red)
    RAM: Mushkin Blackline 16gb
    Graphics card: Sapphire ATI 7970
    SSD: Crucial M4 128gb
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb

    Display: Asus VS248H-P; 24" LED LCD
    Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder x4
    Mouse: Asus GX800
    Headset: Steelseries Siberia v2

    This was from night 1 of the build. I hadn't done any cable running yet, only got the heatsink installed (which was a bit of a pain), and the motherboard mounted.




    And here's night 2, with everything connected. I went back and revised some of the cable management, mostly just ziptying all the little front panel connects and such, but was too lazy to take another picture.



    Edit: My bad on the large images. Click them to view larger versions.
    * Mod edit: You must've missed the big warning in the first post. Don't post huge pictures, >800px
    That's pretty. Really pretty. Move your damn EPS power cable though. D:

  17. #6297
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    OT: Nice setup Mawaru, will you actually be using that 2700k?
    I most likely will. Maybe not so much right now, since I'm still attending a university pursuing a double major in software engineering and network engineering. While I do quite a bit of programming (+testing / debugging) and a lot of work in CAD, those don't seem to touch the power it's capable of. Granted I haven't been a part of a HUGE project yet either, so who knows.

    I mainly bought the 2700k for the future, because I really have no idea what I'll be doing when I graduate. I know what I WANT to do (3d Game Design / Programming), which will need the power, it's just a matter of getting there. I don't intend to upgrade anything in this machine for a very long time either (5+ years unless there's something revolutionizing), so I figured dropping the extra $140 was better than buying the 2500k and later realizing I needed more CPU power.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    That's pretty. Really pretty. Move your damn EPS power cable though. D:
    Already planned on it, since Ghâzh mentioned sleeved extensions. :P

    The issue right now is that the EPS power cable just isn't long enough to be fed behind the motherboard plate; it's a couple inches short of the connector. So I have to make do with the way it is until I get the extension.
    Last edited by Mawaru; 2012-02-27 at 09:15 PM.

  18. #6298
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    i5 2500 3,3 GHz CPU
    8 gb corsair RAM ddr3 1333 MHz.
    1 TB seagate HDD
    Asus GeForce GTX 560Ti 1024MB DirectCU II GPU
    Cooler Master Elite 430
    NF-P14-FLX 140 mm 1200 rmp
    Antec VP550P 550W PSU
    motherboard was a Cleveland-GL8, was a HP desktop which i upgraded parts in and switched case considering getting an SSD but not sure yet.

  19. #6299
    HP DV6

    Processor: Intel Core i7-2670QM
    Memory: Crucial 8GBx2 DDR3-1333 Kit
    Display: 15.6" 1366 x 768 (or BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080)
    Graphics: Radeon HD 6770M 2048MB GDDR5
    HDD: OCZ Vertex 3 MIOPS 240GB

    Mouse: Logitech G400
    Keyboard: Logitech K120
    Headset: Sennheiser PC360
    Pad: Steelseries Qck+ XXL

  20. #6300
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawaru View Post
    Already planned on it, since Ghâzh mentioned sleeved extensions. :P

    The issue right now is that the EPS power cable just isn't long enough to be fed behind the motherboard plate; it's a couple inches short of the connector. So I have to make do with the way it is until I get the extension.
    If I can do it, you can do it. ;P It's tight, but if you totally undo all of Cooler Master's cable routing and properly route/zip-tie them, they will make it.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •