boss status?

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    How it's done. (I made it smaller so you will stop crying)

[IMG][/IMG]

No editing my posts but me!

My first attempt at water cooling...Some notes.

* I never cared about PSU length until now. I had to swap out my Antec HCP-850 for a Corsair AX850. No Platinum level PSU is shallow enough.
    * Compression fittings will destroy your fingers.
    * You will probably have to make a couple trips to the hardware store for metric fasteners and washers.
    * Gentle Typhoons have a tick when in a pull scenario (in this case push-pull).
    * When flushing your radiator make sure you replace every rubber drain plug with an actual screw plugs.
    * Putting TIM pads on every DRAM chip on a video card is tedious.
    Very nice, I get my new PC in a few days and this is almost exactly like my build. Gigabyte mobo instead and no tubing, just a Coolit ECO 240 MM.

Finally received my computer that I purchased from Ironside Computers. Everything arrived undamaged, the packaging was very good when I opened it so that doesn't come to any surprise. Set up the computer and everything is working fine so far. I guess the only bad things I have to say is that the power supply cord was pretty short, so I had to rearrange my desk so the cord can reach my surge protector. The other bad thing, not really too big of a deal is that the PC is as loud if not slightly louder then my Alienware. No big deal though. And I also can feel a lot of vibration on my desk. Not sure if this is normal or not, I have a simply folding table from Wal-Mart. I downloaded Speedfan to look at the temperatures and nothing is above 32 degrees Celsius. Ironside actually added two extra fans and I only ordered one extra fan. So I am very happy about that. As promised here is a picture of the inside. I am sorry for the quality of the picture as I took it from a laptop webcam.

http://imgur.com/igCb3

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Finally received my computer that I purchased from Ironside Computers. Everything arrived undamaged, the packaging was very good when I opened it so that doesn't come to any surprise. Set up the computer and everything is working fine so far. I guess the only bad things I have to say is that the power supply cord was pretty short, so I had to rearrange my desk so the cord can reach my surge protector. The other bad thing, not really too big of a deal is that the PC is as loud if not slightly louder then my Alienware. No big deal though. And I also can feel a lot of vibration on my desk. Not sure if this is normal or not, I have a simply folding table from Wal-Mart. I downloaded Speedfan to look at the temperatures and nothing is above 32 degrees Celsius. Ironside actually added two extra fans and I only ordered one extra fan. So I am very happy about that. As promised here is a picture of the inside. I am sorry for the quality of the picture as I took it from a laptop webcam.

http://imgur.com/igCb3
    The loudness is probably from the CPU cooler, I bet it's running at full speed.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | AMD R9 280x | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ BeyerDynamic DT 990

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    The loudness is probably from the CPU cooler, I bet it's running at full speed.
    Is there a way to reduce the speed? I mean the noise doesn't bother me too much, but if it doesn't need to be at full speed then I'd like to turn it down some.

Speedfan should let you turn the speed of your CPU fan down I believe, I could be wrong though. Starting to go a bit off topic, I suggest asking anymore questions in the Computer Chat Thread, or make a new thread if you think it is important enough to warrant its own thread.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-21 at 04:14 PM.

Not exactly a full gaming setup, but I thought this would be the best place to share...

Decided to mod my case a little bit. It seemed like a lot of dust was coming in through the side panel (its the only intake without a filter), so I decided to remove the fan and put a window over it.

Went to my local home improvement store and got an 8x8" piece of acrylic, some bolts, rubber washers, and some weather stripping.

I think it turned out pretty well considering this is the first time I've ever attempted this sort of thing, I did end up cracking a corner because I tried to force a bolt, but you can hardly see it on the outside. Pictures aren't of the greatest quality, I was too lazy to get out my camera so I used my phone.

Gonna monitor my temps once I get my parts in there, if they stay low I may end up cutting out the mesh, we'll see.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-25 at 01:00 AM.

Don't be shy to redo it later. Also, add a dremel and make yourself a window later, possibly. Would'a been neat.

Yeah, I'm feeling more confident since the above went well (minus the cracked corner), I may end up cutting out a larger window so that you can fully view all of the components if the temps stay low (I'm specifically worried about the GPU), we'll see.

I wouldn't have to worry about it if FD would start selling the windowed version of the Arc Midi in the US. -.-
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-25 at 01:29 AM.

Well I'll be damned, nice work. I'm trying to do something of the opposite i.e. replace my side acrylic window with a mesh (heavy dust filtering) and a 200mm side fan. It would reduce GPU temps by a good 10-15c.

This is the way I went with it. I was originally supposed to just test how well the GPU would handle the temps with the side mesh covered and later buy some better quality sound dampening dust filter. Used some of the foam that my graphics card came in and just taped it on. It ended up working just fine like that and it's all literally invisible from the outside so I left it like that :P Thus the interior "ghetto" look.

Also some pics of my new mechanical keyboard . Zowie Celeritas Pro.

Pictures taken with my new Lumia 800. Looks pretty decent uhuh?

Dell u2711 & Asus 24"

I7 3930k @4.7ghz
    16gb Corsair Vengeance @1600mhz
    HD Radeon 7970 @1300core/1700mem
    Seasonic 1250W X-Series (For Crossfire later)
    2 HDDs and 3 SSD drives

Lots of watercooling parts.

More pictures here: http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...ader/Computer/

* User was infracted for oversized images
    Last edited by Sweetleader; 2012-03-25 at 07:21 PM.
    Shamalaman
    The best stat for Ele is resto.
    I7 3930k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 680GTX Lightningx2 SLI | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz | Agility 3 128GB(OS) Samsung 840 500GB(Games) | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Nanoxia DS1 |

I quite like how you've rigged it.
    Also liking the yellow/gold theme there.

Nice rig Sweetleader. If my computer could run at 24 degrees, I'd be able to air condition my bedroom

Looks like my dreams of buying a 7950 will be put on hold for a while, turns out the government isn't going to refund all my income tax even though I made money worthy of the 1% last year (a whopping 20k)

@ Sweetleader, nice rig. T_T. I'm so tempted to Watercool my PC.
    System Specs -
    CPU - i5 2500k @ 5ghz | CPU Cooler - RASA RX240 | Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3| GPU - Nvidia GTX 590|
    SSD - Crucial M4 128GB | RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Case - CoolerMaster HAF 922
    | Monitor - Crossover 27Q (2560x1440) | Sidewinder X4 Keyboard |

Thanks all :P. I've been wanting to do it for awhile. Was my first time and I love it.

Everything just kinda fit into place. Had very little wiggle room on the top two radiators. Got very lucky with that.
    Shamalaman
    I7 3930k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 680GTX Lightningx2 SLI | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz | Agility 3 128GB(OS) Samsung 840 500GB(Games) | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Nanoxia DS1 |

How thick are those rads anyway? 30/45?

Specs on Koolance website show 38mm for the 120 and 240. The Phobya 200mm is 36mm. As you can see I didn't really have room for the 60mm rads and a push/pull.
    Shamalaman

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleader View Post
    Seasonic 1250W X-Series (For Crossfire later)
    You could run that rig with Crossfire 7970's @ 1300 core on a decent 750w, but you probably already knew that :P

I assume the rig is fairly quiet? It looks really efficient with only 5 fans total.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    You could run that rig with Crossfire 7970's @ 1300 core on a decent 750w, but you probably already knew that :P

I assume the rig is fairly quiet? It looks really efficient with only 5 fans total.
    Well I plan on running a 7990+7970 so technically trifire. Plus I got the PSU on sale so I couldn't pass it up.

It is actually running 7 fans but they are hooked to a fan controller so I can basically make it as quiet as I like.

(2x Push/Pull on 200mm, 2x Push/Pull on 120mm, 3x Push/Pull on the top 200mm)
    Shamalaman