Xuvial you sell-out!!!

Nay I merely jest for the joke, seems like everyone is getting bloody H100s nowadays. >_< A lot of computers with fans plugged into the motherboard directly though or whatever will start out with the fans at full blast for the initial boot-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    What fans are you using? The Corsair ones should be quite audible in my experience.
    On the lowest speed they're alright.

Although I think I've finally said "fuck it, enough fans" and I will make my guild a TRUE storm sniper - only a 200mm intake, 2x120mm on H100 and 1x120mm exhaust - all running off fan controller on lowest speed. Should barely be able to tell that it's even on once I change the Corsair fans. Silence = golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    What fans are you using? The Corsair ones should be quite audible in my experience.
    I second this... originally they were in my case, then my girlfriends and now in the "back up" box.
    WoW - Windrunner: Snozzberries, Googs, Boryndon, Corndizzle, Kaylin, Georgejetson, Lentis, Knerd, Durlen, Marlevon

Any idea which fans you plan to go with? I know TinyTomLogan put some Noctuas on his H100.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Any idea which fans you plan to go with? I know TinyTomLogan put some Noctuas on his H100.
    I hate the color on those, I want me some black fans
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | Intel 120GB SSD | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | ASUS GTX670-DCUII
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | Corsair H100i | Corsair HX650W | Fractal Design R4 | Dual 23" IPS Monitors| Razer Deathadder | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium

Noctua's color does get some getting used to, but they are really silent and push a good amount of air. I have about seven 240mm ones in my case since the 800D has mediocre air cooling if you don't add extra fans and it's really silent. The video cards make a ton more noise than them. I don't regret buying them at all, but there are other great brands out there as well.

Scythe GentleTyphoon's are good, though some of the BitFenix fans have better airflow even if they are louder. Depends on which you want, great air flow or low noise. I don't mind the GentleTyphoon, I am using one along with a Fractal case fan in my H80 and it works fine. The Corsair fans suck, that much is for sure, they squeak and have horrid air flow.

Ended up using CM Sickleflows because I had enough goddamn fans lying around that I wasn't using :P no notable difference on temps.

Moar photos because I feel like..

And now Xuvial your finishing touches will come from some black-braided Alchemy cable extensions. :3

And turn the PSU so we can see the gold X
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

^Yes seriously, fan grill up, gold X showing.

Otherwise? You're doing it wrong. =|

<3 Xuvial :P

Don't know what Seasonic was thinking making a bottom-mounted PSU with the big gold X on the other side -_-

Silly Xuvial, they're made to go either way! It really won't make any difference anyways. =X

Do eet^^

got some new parts in:

EK XTX-240, and a Black Ice 360, along with Koolance black tubing, and a serial pump adapter for the RP-402X2

also, to show how thick these are, on the left is a standard 35mm 120 radiator, the EK in the middle, and the Black Ice on the right:

the planned loop is:
    RES>PUMP>PUMP>CPU>360RAD>GPU=GPU>240RAD>RES

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Ended up using CM Sickleflows because I had enough goddamn fans lying around that I wasn't using :P no notable difference on temps.
    Are they really that loud as everyone says they are?
    At high speed they're at 45 decibels according to a random review :P
    Last edited by Rickz; 2012-03-30 at 07:33 AM.
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | Intel 120GB SSD | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | ASUS GTX670-DCUII
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | Corsair H100i | Corsair HX650W | Fractal Design R4 | Dual 23" IPS Monitors| Razer Deathadder | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Are they really that loud as everyone says they are?
    At high speed they're at 45 decibels according to a random review :P
    I own 4 of them and there's no way they were that loud at max RPM's (I run them at low/medium anyway). They don't exactly smash records in quietness or pushing air, but that's why they're dirt cheap. I've seen plenty of people with whole cases rigged with nothing but Sickleflows.

Brewmaster
    Damn that thing is massive! O_O
    60mm radiators best radiators... I almost got a 80mm 'monsta', but honestly the sweetspot for low RPM is 45-60mm thickness and 8-11 FPI.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Scythe GentleTyphoon's are good, though some of the BitFenix fans have better airflow even if they are louder. Depends on which you want, great air flow or low noise. I don't mind the GentleTyphoon, I am using one along with a Fractal case fan in my H80 and it works fine. The Corsair fans suck, that much is for sure, they squeak and have horrid air flow.
    Here are some relative figures for a case with 6 120mm Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM fans plus 1 Kama Flex 135mm 800 RPM fan with an iPhone app SPL at ~1M distance.

1450RPM = 33.5dBA
    1200RPM = 30.0dBA
    900RPM = 26.8dBA
    550RPM = 26.0dBA

Those are fantastic numbers, though there is slight caveat. They have a very noticeable drone at certain RPM...You can massage the voltages to get rid of the drone, but that requires a stepped/square fan curve rather than a smooth one.

If you don't mind less static pressure, I heartily recommend Scythe Kama Flow 2s...as far as I can tell they are quieter than the venerable S-FLEX fans they replaced.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014

Guys, please. If you want to discuss fans or fan noise just create a new thread. Also please note the computer chat thread (check the stickies) where you can have all your "chatter".

Just to clarify: don't "chit-chat" in this thread; this thread is for posting computer builds. As mentioned earlier you are very much allowed to comment and discuss the builds posted, but it gets a bit too off-topic when you start to compare fans and fan noise. It just doesn't belong here.

Stats:

[email protected]
    Zalman CNPS 9900ALED CPU heatsink
    Asus P8P67 board
    Crucial m4 128GB SSD
    Seagate 1TB 7200RPM
    Western Digital 600GB 7200RPM Cav Blue
    Western Digital 1.5TB 5900RPM Cav Green
    Kingston and Corsair 1333MHz RAM (matched)
    MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560 Ti@950MHz core
    Asus Xonar DX sound card
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Seasonic X Gold Series 660 Watt

Peripherals that matter:

Samson 3A Media ONE Studio monitors
    1x Event TR5 studio monitor
    Logitech Z2300 2.1 speaker set (will be replaced with more monitors)
    Razer Death Adder (1800dpi)
    Corsair K90 Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Red)
    Shure SRH440 Professional Studio Headphones
    Microsoft 720 HD webcam
    Acer 1920x1080p LED monitor
    Gateway 1680x1050p LCD monitor

Games/programs this rig runs on a regular basis:

VMWare 8.0.2 for Linux Fedora 13 64 bit, Fedora 16, Windows XP Pro 32 bit.
    Rift
    Skyrim
    AOE: Online
    Windows Movie Maker

The rig as a whole stays obnoxiously cool (20-35 Celsius on GPU/CPU idling, 50s at full load) and very quiet.
    Adding some newer pictures, figured I'd just quote my post from way back in early February.

"wtf?"

In regards to the other smaller computer, that is in the Cooler Master Storm Enforcer - that I built for a friend's younger sister, that includes:

Galaxy GTX 560
    P8Z68 V-LX
    i5-2400
    Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB RAM
    Corsair TX 650 watt PSU (my old PSU!)
    7 Home Premium 64 bit

And since I often talk about my drumset but have hardly shown any pictures of it, here's a picture a friend took of me (with a Canon 6 something DSLR camera, no doubt, too) - in it I am analyzing the sound of a drum for tuning purposes. :P I hate untuned... I had also just gotten new resonant and batter side heads, $150~ in total. >_< Being a drummer enthusiast AND computer enthusiast is so bloody expensive, good thing I gave up on coin collecting. lol