Only the Ivy Bridge natively has the PCIe 3.0 tho.

ah right, I see. At least you would have the mobo support at least for an upgrade in the future(to Ivy I guess), as it looks like PCIe 3.0 is more of a gimmick atm?

Yeah, PCIe 3.0 is only helpful if you're going tri+ SLI/CFX imo.

Starting to drift off-topic guys. If you have a question, feel free to create your own thread!
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-12 at 10:16 PM.

Here is my setup, built it last November (it is my first build):

Cooler Master Storm Scout
    AMD x6 1090t @ 3.4ghz
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850
    G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb SDRAM
    GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3
    Antec BP550 Plus 550W
    ASUS DRW DVD Burner
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Heatsink
    Crucial M4 64GB SSD
    WD Caviar Black 750 GB HD
    Asus 23" LCD-LED Monitor
    Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard
    Logitech G500 Mouse

She runs like a charm.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Khaaaaaaaan View Post
    As much as I like tweaking and messing around with my PC, the thought of it being submerged in oil is just baffling.

Getting an oil-rig is not to recommend. It will be a horrible cooling-solution after X hours unless you have a pump and an external radiator. Besides, all your components will be covered in oil and more or less worthless for future resale (or give away).

Anyway, back on topic shall we? I said farewell to my Phantom today. Will miss its plastic fat arse.

Anyways, my new FT02 will arrive early next week! Yay! (Until further, I'm stuck with an old Core2Duo.)

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post

Your single screen looks very small and lonely there....

Also wouldn't it feel more spacious if you put the case behind the screen?
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN || Samsung 46 F6320

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Your single screen looks very small and lonely there....

Also wouldn't it feel more spacious if you put the case behind the screen?
    Well, this was at my parents house (which is why it's set-up on the kitchen table) right before someone was going to take a look at it (not the guy who bought it though). I sold it together with the stuff you see in the picture (will sell my LG screen later as well), so effectively keeping my K90, Naos 5000 and my U2711.

I guess it would look slightly bigger with the case behind it, but it's all about perspective I guess.
    Last edited by Marest; 2012-04-13 at 02:13 PM.

Well, this was at my parents house (which is why it's set-up on the kitchen table) right before someone was going to take a look at it (not the guy who bought it though). I sold it together with the stuff you see in the picture (will sell my LG screen later as well), so effectively keeping my K90, Naos 5000 and my U2711.

I guess it would look slightly bigger with the case behind it, but it's all about perspective I guess.
    Lol, fair enough... the point was more that it wouldn't feel as cramped... I hate feeling cramped when i'm on my computer.
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN || Samsung 46 F6320

here's a pic of my updated waterloop with the new radiators:

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Did you run a tube behind the motherboard there from rad to res? o.o

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Looks like res->CPU->Rad->GPU->GPU->lower rad(?)->Behind motherboardtray up to res

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Lol, fair enough... the point was more that it wouldn't feel as cramped... I hate feeling cramped when i'm on my computer.
    Well, the first thing the guy said when he entered the house was "I thought you were selling a computer, not a space ship". Guess he's never seen an (almost-)enthusiast PC before ^^

Well, the first thing the guy said when he entered the house was "I thought you were selling a computer, not a space ship". Guess he's never seen an (almost-)enthusiast PC before ^^
    You should have shown him a picture of the CosmosII or a Caselabs STH10 next to somebody
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

You may have mentioned, but what're you picking up? I take it you're not just replacing the case.

Cyanotical, any reason you use compression fittings over "normal" fittings? I've been told they're easier to install, and I think they look cooler, but all of the "How To" videos from people (TTL for example) only show "normal" fitting installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    You may have mentioned, but what're you picking up? I take it you're not just replacing the case.
    As I mentioned earlier I'm expecting my FT02 (black with window) to arrive shortly. What I will essentially put in it isn't entirely certain yet, but it will most likely be a Z77 board together with an i5 3570k cooled by an H80.

Oh, and I'll be skipping my my planned Trinity-based HTPC for now. I've already sold my E-350 as well. Stuck with a core2duo until I can pick up the 3570k.
    Last edited by Marest; 2012-04-13 at 05:59 PM.

Maybe it's just me but barbs just look cheap. Especially if you use hose clamps to tighten them up. Compression fittings are the only way to go :P

PS. I sense some frustration there Marest Core2duo is still going strong as ever!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.