RAM: 16 GB G.Skill RipJawsZ DDR3-2133
    MB: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC
    SSD: 256 GB Samsung 830 Series
    Case: Silverstone TJ10S
    PSU: 1000 W Enermax Galaxy
    Cooler: Prolimatech Armageddon
    TFT: NEC WMGX³ 24" 1920x1200

Pro Cable-Management... lol, but it looks good from the outside. My next system will be perfect also from the inside, sometime in the future.

Last edited by joepesci; 2012-05-09 at 12:12 PM.

Gah! Can't breathe. D:
    Looks good from outside, but mother of god, that cable management... ._.

I would normally now be putting up pictures of my new graphics card, but when I got down to the post office their computer system was out of order, and so they couldn't deliver me my graphics card... ._.

EDIT: Got my card, yay!

looks good, the sponge even kinda matches the gold CPU block

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Not really. Not in real life. Additionally, I find its appearance is too... err, glaring? I hope to change a fair few bits of the loop later.

You could spray paint it black and it'd probably look much better.

What's up with the DCU II cooler by the way? I thought you had a 7970 water block already .

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    What's up with the DCU II cooler by the way? I thought you had a 7970 water block already .
    'cause I wanted the Asus DCII. This is the 'Top' edition, so it comes stock @ 1GHz, as well as a sweet-as-hell backplate.
    Gonna try getting my waterblock sold on 'used' market.

The heatpipes of DCII work well in a raven case then? I recall reading every here and there that if you were going to use Raven, you better go for reference (radial fan) style coolers since heatpipes can be designed to only work well at one angle.

Doesn't turn up much when googling though. Or mby I'm lazy. Here's something on the 460, at least..
    http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...&limitstart=15
    In the traditional (horizontal) position, the slightly angled heat-pipe rods use gravity and sintering to draw cooled liquid back down to the base. When positioned in a transverse mount case such as the SilverStone Raven-2, the ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP heatsink loses optimal effective properties in the two lower heat-pipe rods, because gravity takes keeps the cool liquid in the lowest portion of the rods within the finsink.
    Obsidian 350D | i7 2700K @ 4.8GHz | ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77 | 32GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan @ 1.1Ghz, 7GHz Memory, BIOS mod. | 500GB SSD | 4TB Stripe

Which is widely a moot point, since I will be watercooling the card as soon as I determine it's a decent quality one and can afford stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    MB: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77
    Did you pull the "armor" off? Even then it's hard to tell besides the covered USB plugins.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Did you pull the "armor" off? Even then it's hard to tell besides the covered USB plugins.
    He has indeed removed the armor. The armor goes all the way to cover just the edge of the bottom PCIe slot, and as you should be able to see the PCB there is generally visible.

Additionally, with the armor on you would see it covering the rear IO as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    He has indeed removed the armor. The armor goes all the way to cover just the edge of the bottom PCIe slot, and as you should be able to see the PCB there is generally visible.

Additionally, with the armor on you would see it covering the rear IO as well.
    Yeah as you might remember I have one right next to me (still in the box though!). The PCB just looked blue to me but I definitely recognize the covered USB plugs from it. The cable management hurts my eyes!
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Yeah as you might remember I have one right next to me (still in the box though!). The PCB just looked blue to me but I definitely recognize the covered USB plugs from it. The cable management hurts my eyes!
    I didn't know you'd received it yet. Gratz! It's absolutely the Sabertooth board, if that's what you were concerned about. The huge gap in the rear IO is an obvious giveaway.

Hey all! I had help from the Computer forum of MMOChamp a month ago building my current PC and I absolutely love it. However, from a curiosity and theoretical standpoint, what component do you think would be a good one to replace to get the biggest gaming improvement of any part of my build? I'd like to hear some opinions.

Components are as follows (I'll return with pics when I have more time thisafternoon):

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi (black) With 3 140mm case fans + a red Enermax T.B. Apollish 140mm at the front for awesomeness. The LEDs are strong enough that it lights up the whole inside of the case in a deep red, looks fantastic in the dark.

Motherboard: ASRock Extreme4 Gen3

CPU: Intel i5 2500k (factory clock, I'm not confident enough with PCs to know how to overclock correctly)

CPU Heatsink: Cooler Master 212 EVO

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560 ti 448 Core, 1.28Gb

PSU: Corsair 650W TX V2

Mechanical HDD: Western Digital 500GB, Caviar Blue

SDD: Corsair 120GB, Force Series 3

RAM: Corsair 8GB Low Profile Kit (2x4GB), DDR3, Vengeance Series, 9-9-9-24, Dual Channel

Monitor: Samsung S23B350H 23" Widescreen LED, 1920x1080, 2ms, HDMI

Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4

Mouse: Razer DeathAdderV2

I've so far been quite happy with the build. The CPU temp never goes above 33celcius, but again this is at default clock, simply because I don't know well enough how to clock it higher for the hardware I have.

Any suggestions of improvements would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Typos
    Last edited by Scythax; 2012-05-09 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post
    Hey all! I had help from the Computer forum of MMOChamp a month ago building my current PC and I absolutely love it. However, from a curiosity and theoretical standpoint, what component do you think would be a good one to replace to get the biggest gaming improvement of any part of my build? I'd like to hear some opinions.
    Create a new thread and I'm sure people will answer your question. This here is for posting pictures and specifications of gaming setups and perhaps discuss and comment on them, not a thread for offering fast advice on how to improve a given system.

OT: Nice system, very similar to my old gaming rig actually.

At work so making this hasty! Radeon 6870 Eyefinity 6 Edition, and yes, that TV has my D2 bot running on it

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/DSC00054.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    That audio system looks BADASS and KILLER. I know very gimmicky words, but I just couldn't think of anything else. I dare question how damned expensive it was? O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I'm looking for a new desk and I must say that desk is win. Is it available online, or is it custom? Links appreciated!
    Shouldn't be to hard to find it since it's an Ikea Galant desk

Re-posting because I have some pics now.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC to 4.6GHz
    CPU Cooling: Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3
    Video Cards: Gigabyte HD7970 (OC to 1100 so far)
    Memory: 8GB - Corsair Vengence
    SSD: 120GB Crucial M4
    HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda
    Power Supply: 850W OCZ ZX series
    Case: Corsair 500R

Last edited by Eschbach; 2012-05-10 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Is it a Pentium D/4 or an Intel Core series? The former should be banished
    Core 2 duo thank god...

Looks pretty darn good, Eschbach.