1. #7081
    I don't see what you're asking for input on, so I have to agree with mods on merging it here tbf. Looks like an interesting build though, although I don't know if the H100 or the NH-D14 fits in the 550D.

    EDIT: Post I replied to has been deleted. :<
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-05-10 at 03:21 PM.

  2. #7082
    Dreadlord joepesci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Germany (EU Outland)
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Did you pull the "armor" off? Even then it's hard to tell besides the covered USB plugins.
    Yes, I had to remove it, to my surprise, the Sabertooth Z77 is NOT compatible with the Prolimatech Armageddon CPU cooler.
    I had to remove the armor and I also had to break off 3 teeth of one of the mainboard coolers in order to be able to mount the CPU cooler.

    On the right side of the image you can see the 3 broken (removed) teeth of the cooler:



    On this image you can see the position where the outer heatpipe collides with the mainboard cooler (and the thermal armor, if not removed):



    So yeah, this is just a warning to those who intend to buy the ASUS Z77 Sabertooth... check first if it works with the CPU cooler you want to use. I didn't even want to buy this, but my old PC died so I had to act fast... and the ASUS high end boards for the Z77 aren't available yet, some of them aren't even announced. So the Sabertooth Z77 was the best I could get at the moment.

    Last edited by joepesci; 2012-05-10 at 06:03 PM.

  3. #7083
    Most of them are out, or announced. There's another ROG board coming out in particular.

  4. #7084
    Dreadlord joepesci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Germany (EU Outland)
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Most of them are out, or announced. There's another ROG board coming out in particular.
    ASUS maximus V formula Z77 --> announced, not available
    ASUS maximus V extreme Z77 --> haven't heard anything of this one yet

  5. #7085
    Dreadlord Rickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    827
    Well here it finally is, got my last extension cables in today and finished everything

    Specs:
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
    Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz
    MSI Twin Frozr II 560ti ( soon to be replaced by a 670 )
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    Corsair H100 with 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM
    Corsair HX650W
    Corsair 500R case

    Replaced all fans with Scythe fans ( except for the exhaust fan, that one works fine ) and hooked them up to a Scythe Kaze Master II.

    PICS!




    Had no other way to these two power cables unfortunately:




    Fits like this:




    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | Intel 120GB SSD | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | ASUS GTX670-DCUII
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | Corsair H100i | Corsair HX650W | Fractal Design R4 | Dual 23" IPS Monitors| Razer Deathadder | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium

  6. #7086
    Looks really good, Rickz! The more Corsair cases I see, the more I like them... I'm just not sure if my radiator will fit in any of their mid-towers.

  7. #7087
    Dreadlord Rickz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Looks really good, Rickz! The more Corsair cases I see, the more I like them... I'm just not sure if my radiator will fit in any of their mid-towers.
    Thanks!

    It's a great case for the price, and I imagine it can house a radiator just fine, especially considering you can even remove the bottom hard drive cage.
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | Intel 120GB SSD | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | ASUS GTX670-DCUII
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | Corsair H100i | Corsair HX650W | Fractal Design R4 | Dual 23" IPS Monitors| Razer Deathadder | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium

  8. #7088
    Off the top of my head, fairly few of Corsair's smaller cases actually allow mounting the H100 even. The 300R and 400R don't, if I recall correct, but the 500R does. Sadly, I can't recall what the 550D is based off of.

    The Corsair Vengeance C70, if I don't recall wrong, aims to be able to fit two 240mm radiators.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-05-10 at 06:49 PM.

  9. #7089
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,299
    To be fair - Sabertooth is one of Asus' higher end boards/lines, imho. Also, looks great Rickz!!
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  10. #7090
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Looks really good, Rickz! The more Corsair cases I see, the more I like them... I'm just not sure if my radiator will fit in any of their mid-towers.
    I am 100% positive all of the Corsair ATX cases can fit a 240 radiator. The 400R that I have has enough room up top for either a dual 120mm radiator like the H100 or possibly a 2x140mm radiator. Clearance might not be an issue if you use standard size fans, not the really thick fat 38mm fans. If you were doing a push/pull setup, you'd probably have to use 12mm fans (like the Scythe SY1212SL12H fans) on one side of the radiator in order to avoid hitting your CPU waterblock. However the 600TM which even as a mid tower is bigger then the 400R or 500R, but all of those should fit radiators without too much difficulty. Heck, I am sure you could mount a 240 radiator in the front, the Corsair cases are very very roomy.

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 05:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Off the top of my head, fairly few of Corsair's smaller cases actually allow mounting the H100 even. The 300R and 400R don't, if I recall correct, but the 500R does. Sadly, I can't recall what the 550D is based off of.

    The Corsair Vengeance C70, if I don't recall wrong, aims to be able to fit two 240mm radiators.
    The 400R does mount an H100 in the top, however I don't think you can do push/pull without 12mm fans on it.

  11. #7091
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,292
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    To be fair - Sabertooth is one of Asus' higher end boards/lines, imho. Also, looks great Rickz!!
    the sabertooths are built with the same quality and binning as the RoG boards, but lack the multitude of enthusiast features

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  12. #7092


    ---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 10:40 AM ----------

    Someone asked on a different forum what fluid I use, so I took a picture of that as well, lol.

  13. #7093
    Is that Anti-freeze and distilled water for car batteries?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  14. #7094
    The Lightbringer Djinni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Guildford, Surrey, UK
    Posts
    3,892
    Nice RAT :-)
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN || Samsung 46 F6320

  15. #7095
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is that Anti-freeze and distilled water for car batteries?
    Yes, it is indeed.

  16. #7096
    Herald of the Titans nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Well here it finally is, got my last extension cables in today and finished everything

    Specs:
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
    Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz
    MSI Twin Frozr II 560ti ( soon to be replaced by a 670 )
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    Corsair H100 with 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM
    Corsair HX650W
    Corsair 500R case

    Replaced all fans with Scythe fans ( except for the exhaust fan, that one works fine ) and hooked them up to a Scythe Kaze Master II.
    snip
    Is you H100 blowing internal air out, or pulling external air in?

  17. #7097
    They're on top, but in push config. So that's intake.

  18. #7098
    Herald of the Titans nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    They're on top, but in push config. So that's intake.
    Thought so, that best since you seem to have good airflow from the front to the back. That way the air passes through the radiator and gets pushed out of the back. Same setup here.

  19. #7099
    Imo that won't make such a huge difference, but what does make a huge difference imo is that Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans apparently make a ticky noise when placed in pull config.

  20. #7100
    Herald of the Titans nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Imo that won't make such a huge difference, but what does make a huge difference imo is that Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans apparently make a ticky noise when placed in pull config.
    Should've gone with the noctua ones. They look horrible but are among the best fans out there. Or the articice fans, very good ones too! I'll post a link in a bit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •