Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Imo that won't make such a huge difference, but what does make a huge difference imo is that Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans apparently make a ticky noise when placed in pull config.
    Should've gone with the noctua ones. They look horrible but are among the best fans out there. Or the articice fans, very good ones too! I'll post a link in a bit

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Should've gone with the noctua ones. They look horrible but are among the best fans out there. Or the articice fans, very good ones too! I'll post a link in a bit
    I hope you're kidding. The noctua fans are good, but very expensive compared to simply the GTs seen above, and which is better or not seems to vary entirely from one person to another.

I hope you're kidding. The noctua fans are good, but very expensive compared to simply the GTs seen above, and which is better or not seems to vary entirely from one person to another.
    Yea they are expensive. But you've got an H100, which is expensive as well, and underperforms compared to cheaper aircoolers, so I'm assuming money isn't really an issue. And 'expensive', 19 euro...

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yea they are expensive. But you've got an H100, which is expensive as well, and underperforms compared to cheaper aircoolers, so I'm assuming money isn't really an issue. And 'expensive', 19 euro...
    I was beginning to wonder if you'd confused me with Rickz, lol.

Aside from that, this is silly.
    1. The H100 is a champ cooler by all means. However, it's not by any stretch of the imagination cheap, and the quality of the fans that come with it originally is decent, but loud as they ramp up. Rickz fixed this by going the extra stretch of replacing the fans with one of the most popular and well-performing "classics" out there.
    2. You make an enormously poor assumption when thinking money isn't an issue. Don't ever make the assumption that someone can just spit in some more money, because that's just automatically ridiculous.
    3. And why the heck should anyone go for the Noctua fans over the Scythe GT fans? If you actually read and figured out what you read, you should've noticed that any issues Rickz would've had with the GTs was entirely bypassed by placing the fans in push config.

I was beginning to wonder if you'd confused me with Rickz, lol.

Aside from that, this is silly.
    1. The H100 is a champ cooler by all means. However, it's not by any stretch of the imagination cheap, and the quality of the fans that come with it originally is decent, but loud as they ramp up. Rickz fixed this by going the extra stretch of replacing the fans with one of the most popular and well-performing "classics" out there.
    2. You make an enormously poor assumption when thinking money isn't an issue. Don't ever make the assumption that someone can just spit in some more money, because that's just automatically ridiculous.
    3. And why the heck should anyone go for the Noctua fans over the Scythe GT fans? If you actually read and figured out what you read, you should've noticed that any issues Rickz would've had with the GTs was entirely bypassed by placing the fans in push config.
    Hey hey, relax now buddy. No need to get your panties in a twist. Yes, the H100 is a decent cooler, but not nearly good enough to validate its price. Especially since the Noctua NH-D14 outperforms it, is cheaper and has better fans. There are other better/cheaper air coolers btw. I'm just not going to list them all. A bit of research should be more than enough.

The stock fans the H100 comes with are horrible, the screws are too long, which damage your radiator so replacing them is pretty much essential. Putting the fans in push config is a bandage, it doesn't actually fix the problem.

Since there are better coolers for less money available, I assumed you chose the H100 for aesthetics' sake (as I did), rather than perfomance. That's why I thought the extra few bucks wouldn't matter anyway. Clearly I was wrong, my bad.

Before we proceed, I think you need to check you're aware of what you're saying (the H100 shares the throne with a lot of coolers, most of which are huge as hell), and who you're talking to (because I sure as hell don't have a H100 lol).

Off topic discussion has been warned against. Please use the chat thread or a new thread. ~Uggor
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2012-05-13 at 08:19 PM.

Before we proceed, I think you need to check you're aware of what you're saying (the H100 shares the throne with a lot of coolers, most of which are huge as hell), and who you're talking to (because I sure as hell don't have a H100 lol).
    Yea I meant Rickz, not you. Replying in-between training so I got a bit confused.

You seem to misunderstand my point, again. I'm not saying the H100 doesn't perform well, I'm saying that cheaper air-coolers perform better are quiter and don't require modifications/extra parts to perform.

Get it? H100 = good, combined with good coolers and a relatively big wallet. A few other AIR coolers, are better. Visit HardOCP for more info.

Off topic discussion has been warned against. Please use the chat thread or a new thread. ~Uggor
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2012-05-13 at 08:19 PM.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2368292
    CPU cooler: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Produc...C=1151&ID=2044
    Video card: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...n=&lid=1&leg=0

My computer for the next couple months at least. After 7 years or so, I'm finally switching back to Intel, so I'm going to be rebuilding everything. Wires are kind of a mess, but when you're lazy that's about as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    After 7 years or so, I'm finally switching back to Intel, so I'm going to be rebuilding everything.
    Welcome back to the performance side ^^

Holy chunk-o of CPU coolers, it's practically a giant blue BRICK that could rival a D14 in size >_<

That is insane! Excited to see your new build! Let us know if we can help you figure out what is best for your budget. ^_^

Wow, that is one massive heatsink lol I kinda like how it looks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2368292
    CPU cooler: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Produc...C=1151&ID=2044
    Video card: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...n=&lid=1&leg=0

My computer for the next couple months at least. After 7 years or so, I'm finally switching back to Intel, so I'm going to be rebuilding everything. Wires are kind of a mess, but when you're lazy that's about as good as it gets.
    You should probably clean off some dust though, on both the rigs and the surface they're on

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Holy chunk-o of CPU coolers, it's practically a giant blue BRICK that could rival a D14 in size >_<
    I haven't seen that one before myself. I am curious as to know how well it cools compared to the original Frio and the Frio Advanced. I used to have a Frio, with a stock AMD X6 1055T I was rocking 22 Celsius in my old Xclio Windtunnel case at stock speed, I get like mid to high 20's with my H80 <_<

here's my new laptop:
    Sager NP9150
    i7-3820QM 2.7-3.7Ghz
    8GB DDR3-1600
    GTX-675M
    240GB Intel 520 SSD (will be used for windows and games)
    80GB mSATA Intel 320 SSD (will be used for Backtrack5)
    15" 1920x1080 screen, i can't tell if its IPS or VA, but its definitely not TN

this is taken on full ultra, 1x multisampling, Tichondrius-US, sunday afternoon

i7-4930K | RIVE | 32GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | Xonar Xense | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Beautiful specs, was that laptop released just last week or something o_O
    I really like how the lid has no logo or anything on it. Just matte black awesomeness.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-05-14 at 12:26 AM.

CPU: AMD A8-3850 APU 4-core 3.6ghz
    RAM: 16gb G-SKILL 1333 mhz
    GPU: XFX 6770 Crossfire 1GB
    PSU: Corsair 750w ( not sure which one)
    Case: ANTEC Lanboy Air
    Screens: 19" Westinghouse 1440 x 900. ASUS 21.5" 1920 x 1080p. Samsung 32" LCD 1336 x 720p
    Mouse/Keyboard: Steelseries Xai and Steelseries Merc Stealth

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Those specs, was that laptop released just last week or something o_O
    I really like how the lid has no logo or anything on it. Just matte black awesomeness.
    i ordered it from xoticpc back in april, it just arrived wednesday, i guess they where waiting on the IB cpus

i7-4930K | RIVE | 32GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | Xonar Xense | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i ordered it from xoticpc back in april, it just arrived wednesday, i guess they where waiting on the IB cpus
    that laptop is gorgeous.

Oh Cyan, I hate you >

I'm getting a $4000 build myself for this summer, but that laptop is absolutely gorgerous.