Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I haven't seen that one before myself. I am curious as to know how well it cools compared to the original Frio and the Frio Advanced. I used to have a Frio, with a stock AMD X6 1055T I was rocking 22 Celsius in my old Xclio Windtunnel case at stock speed, I get like mid to high 20's with my H80 <_<
    I had the shop install the cooler, because of the previously mentioned laziness, but the way its installed the intake fan is very close to the video card, which runs very hot, about 55 just sitting. With it sucking in all that hot air, the cpu sits at about 35 at 30% with a small OC, and sits between 40 and 45 at 100%. One of these days I either need to stop being lazy, or take it back to the shop, if it can be turned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    I had the shop install the cooler, because of the previously mentioned laziness, but the way its installed the intake fan is very close to the video card, which runs very hot, about 55 just sitting. With it sucking in all that hot air, the cpu sits at about 35 at 30% with a small OC, and sits between 40 and 45 at 100%. One of these days I either need to stop being lazy, or take it back to the shop, if it can be turned.
    You know you can reorient the heatsink so the fans are away from the graphics card right? All you have to do is remove the mounts and face it toward the rear exhaust fan on the case so the fans pull air from inside the case and push it directly to the exhaust fan on the case.

Edit:

Here's what it would look like.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2012-05-14 at 04:18 AM.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    15" 1920x1080 screen, i can't tell if its IPS or VA, but its definitely not TN
    Check the black levels and if it has IPS glow.
    Deep Blacks pretty much ensures it's not IPS.

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    IMO this is actually the preferred orientation since you have a top exhaust fan. Air goes where it's pushed, even around obstacles thanks to Bernoulli's Principle. Having the fans pulling up air from the video cards will result in that air being pushed straight up and out of the case whereas orienting the fans vertically will leave the heat from the video cards a little more static.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    IMO this is actually the preferred orientation since you have a top exhaust fan. Air goes where it's pushed, even around obstacles thanks to Bernoulli's Principle. Having the fans pulling up air from the video cards will result in that air being pushed straight up and out of the case whereas orienting the fans vertically will leave the heat from the video cards a little more static.
    A little OT, but I never thought of it like that, but it does make sense.

Completed my build a few days ago:

CPU: i5 2500k @3.3Ghz, 1.096V Vcore, Load Temps ~45°C
    Mainboard: AsRock Z77 Pro3
    Ram: 8gb Corsair XMS PC-12800
    GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr iii
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500gb (still unhappy with the noise levels though)
    PSU: BeQuiet! Straight Power E9 580W (modular, 80+ Gold)
    Case: Fractal Arc Midi
    Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo
    Fans: 5x Bitfenix Spectre 140mm

Peripherals:
    Monitor: LG IPS235V (23")
    Mouse: Logitech g400
    Sound: Logitech Z323 2.1
    Keyboard: Random 10€ Trust mechanical keyboard... does the job

More pictures in the album.
    Last edited by Nips; 2012-05-14 at 02:33 PM.

What speakers are those?

Beautifull setup.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Naididae View Post
    What speakers are those?
    Logitech Z323 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Logitech Z323 2.1
    Aye! Awesome sound considering the really affordable price.

Added peripherals to the setup.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Also, you have the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo, the follow up to the Plus.
    What kind of misnoise are you experiencing with your HDD? Tried moving the insert into another slot in the cage?

Otherwise a fairly balanced build.

Um yes, it is the evo, of course ... fixed it.

It's just the "whooshing" sound of the spinning discs. The drive itself should be fine and the read/write sounds don't bother me.

Maybe it's because I'm used to 5400rpm Laptopdrives which are way more silent.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Awesome build Nips. I just worked on my cable management this weekend on my Fractal midi also

I still can't get my 12v PSU cable to reach the 6pin in the back so I have to go over the GPU and next to the cooler it is so ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nips View Post
    Completed my build a few days ago:

CPU: i5 2500k @3.3Ghz, 1.096V Vcore, Load Temps ~45°C
    Mainboard: AsRock Z77 Pro3
    Ram: 8gb Corsair XMS PC-12800
    GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr iii
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500gb (still unhappy with the noise levels though)
    PSU: BeQuiet! Straight Power E9 580W (modular, 80+ Gold)
    Case: Fractal Arc Midi
    Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo
    Fans: 5x Bitfenix Spectre 140mm

Peripherals:
    Monitor: LG IPS235V (23")
    Mouse: Logitech g400
    Sound: Logitech Z323 2.1
    Keyboard: Random 10€ Trust mechanical keyboard... does the job
    Are those bricks lifting your pc off the floor?
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | Intel 120GB SSD | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | ASUS GTX670-DCUII
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 | Corsair H100i | Corsair HX650W | Fractal Design R4 | Dual 23" IPS Monitors| Razer Deathadder | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    Awesome build Nips. I just worked on my cable management this weekend on my Fractal midi also

I still can't get my 12v PSU cable to reach the 6pin in the back so I have to go over the GPU and next to the cooler it is so ugly.
    Thanks And yes, cable management is a pain.. All the clean builds up here on mmo-c suggest that it's gotta be fairly easy. But everytime I had to redo mine to push it a little further to look "clean/nice", the respect grew, hehe

And yes Rickz, those bricks are an essential part of the build :P

What I did was turn the PSU around so that the fan is at the bottom, putting the non-modular 6/8 pin and 24 pins right next to the grommet, so they went straight out the back, the CPU power went up the back of the board and the 24 pin up to the middle grommet. This gave me the extra inch or two of cable length that I needed. The only cable I have in front of the motherboard is one of the black braided fractal fan cables that runs along the top of the graphics card, couldn't find the right fan socket for it. In the end I didn't bother with the fan controller, I couldn't work out how to wire it up while keeping the cables as out of sight as I could.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    What I did was turn the PSU around so that the fan is at the bottom, putting the non-modular 6/8 pin and 24 pins right next to the grommet, so they went straight out the back, the CPU power went up the back of the board and the 24 pin up to the middle grommet. This gave me the extra inch or two of cable length that I needed. The only cable I have in front of the motherboard is one of the black braided fractal fan cables that runs along the top of the graphics card, couldn't find the right fan socket for it. In the end I didn't bother with the fan controller, I couldn't work out how to wire it up while keeping the cables as out of sight as I could.
    That would probably work but I honestly don't care that much. I need to get rid of my CAFA70. Looking at that CM Evo makes me wish I had something smaller.

Although my fiancee's 3570k is hitting 50C max temp @ 4.5GHZ with like 1.1 volts...

Looks good Nips, if you decide to overclock be sure to test the stability and post your results in the MMO-C CPU Overclocking Leaderboards thread! ^_^

Well I made the leap from my Gen1 I7-950 build.

My new Ivy bridge system is as follows:

CPU: Core i5-3570k @4.58Ghz
    Mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
    Ram: G.Skill 16gb DDR3-2133 PC3-17000
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580
    SSD: Intel 520 180GB SSD SATA III (primary boot drive & FOTM game)
    SSD: Patriot Pyro 120GB SATA III
    HDD: WD 7200rpm 1TB internal drive (forget model, old build)
    External Drive: Seagate GoFlex 2TB USB 3.0
    PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX750W PSU
    Case: NZXT Switch 810 Black
    Heatsink: CORSAIR H100 Liquid CPU Cooler - 4 fans push/pull

Peripherals:
    Monitor: Asus VG236H 23" LCD 120Hz Monitor (3D capable)
    Mouse: Razor Naga Molten
    Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2 Pro Gaming Headset[/url]
    Keyboard: Logitech G15
    Back-UPS: APC Pro 1300 (780w)
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-05-20 at 10:09 PM.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Well I made the leap from my Gen1 I7-950 build.

My new Ivy bridge system is as follows:

<SNIP>
    Must provide pictures! (please)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

Heya Azuri! Please do post some pictures! Would love to see your work.

And awesome, a 120Hz display! Diablo 3 shall be ridiculous, I am sure. :P