Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    I bet Deltrus would like to have you in his overclocking leaderboard!
    Needs more people. People even if you only OC'd by 100MHz, I don't care, join the boards!

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Either way, I'll have to follow suit soon, then.
    Yeah, we haven't seen too many pictures of your whole setup, tbf!

Cusco, I am disappoint. You are a photographer, using a TN-panel. And a 16:9 1080p 27".
    It's a matter of economy and practicality. I am a photographer, but an amateur one. I also play games, in which 2560x1600 would highly affect the performance. IPS is, indeed, much more suitable for displaying graphical aesthetics in all its forms, but they're generally much more expensive (even rather so at 1080p) and I work part-time. I also think that I have a gigantic lot to learn when it comes to achieving optimal colors in PhotoShop in the first place and the people viewing my pictures, I would assume, are most often using 1080p TN-panels themselves. So my practical and realistic needs for 16:10 IPS is not worth the impact on my economy.

I understand that you aren't all too serious in your disappointment, I just have a habbit of responding with walls, or at least lower fences of text.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

The U2312HM is a very respectable e-IPS monitor, which is also quite suitable for gaming. If you need something to look out for.
    /shameless marketing for the monitor being used

LG has a very good and rather cheap 23" IPS screen range ;-) Cheap enough that they are price competitive with TN-panels.
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II/OC || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN

Well, I could either get this 27" screen with speakers No, they'll never be as good as actual brand speakers and I have such too, but I do "attend LAN-parties" (never figured out the English term) on a monthly basis and there it's convenient, or I could get a significantly smaller screen without speakers, but with more colors....that I don't need yet, and most people can't see, because they haven't got IPS-screens themselves.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Stood in the Fire
    Case - Fractal design refine R3 (USB 3.0 edition)
    CPU - i5-3570K @ 4.3GhZ
    RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    PSU - Coolermaster GX650W
    SSD - 120GB OCZ SSD
    HDD - 2TB HDD
    Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V
    GPU - GTX 670
    CPU Cooler - Coolermaster hyper TX3

I'm happy with it. Built it a couple of days ago.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    The U2312HM is a very respectable e-IPS monitor, which is also quite suitable for gaming. If you need something to look out for.
    /shameless marketing for the monitor being used
    But not for photowork, since it's a 6bit panel, meaning it has to simulate a portion of its colours anyway, and while the representation is better, it's still not as good as an 8bit or a 10bit. Or even a 12bit simulating 10bit!
    Either way, the PA238Q is an 8bit, 1920x1080 monitor that is affordable and 'good enough' at that level (ie, really good, but not literally the best).
    Or maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist.

The lighting makes my laptop screen not blend well with the rest of the setup *grumpy* Either way.
    Going to upload a few pictures tomorrow. Street-hockey time.

But not for photowork, since it's a 6bit panel, meaning it has to simulate a portion of its colours anyway, and while the representation is better, it's still not as good as an 8bit or a 10bit. Or even a 12bit simulating 10bit!
    I can't help but feel there's some huge-ass conspiracy towards completely neglecting this sort of information before either immediately after or long after the product can't be returned lol. Because this is completely new information for me. /durr

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I can't help but feel there's some huge-ass conspiracy towards completely neglecting this sort of information before either immediately after or long after the product can't be returned lol. Because this is completely new information for me. /durr
    Well, while we are on the subject...

I found out after purchasing my U2711 that it isn't actually a "true" 10bit monitor, but rather 8bit with AFRC. It's a bit of a let down because DELL themselves say this (U2711 specifications):
    1.07 billion colour panel (10-bit), 12-bit internal processing, 102% NTSC colour gamut
    Anyway, it will display 16.7 million colours accurately (natively?) and paired with ADRC it can emulate 1.07 billion (?) colours.

My new rig:

Mobo: Asus Maximus V Gene Z77
    CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770k @ 4.8ghz - 39° celcius idle - 70° celcius load after an hour of prime95 - Δ levels are minus 21°
    Memory: 8gb Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Low Profile @1600mhz
    CPU cooler: Corsair H100
    SSD: Intel 520 120GB
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001, 3TB * 2
    GPU: Asus GTX670-DC2T-2GD5
    psu: Zalman ZM850-HP
    Chassis: Corsair Obsidian 650D

Mouse: Corsair M90
    Keyboard: Corsair K90

Only thing I don't like is the stupid side window, it feels so childish. Anyway, they didn't have any 650D without a window so I took it as is.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-05-25 at 10:56 AM.

Side windows are cool

That is a sexy rig Nocturn =)

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Side windows are cool

That is a sexy rig Nocturn =)
    Thanks bro! Have you started building your future rig yet? I initially wanted to buy the sabertooth z77 board as well, until I saw the benchmarks compared to the V Gene

Not yet, moving to Denmark in 20 days, going to Dreamhack & Sweden for a week, after that I'll assemble my future rig ^^

Since it's going offtopic we can talk at the Computer Chat Thread!

Since everyone else is posting their entire desk... here. I might have already but I don't remember. I'm currently setting up a new 24 port smart switch, which is why it's on the desk hooked up to just a netbook.

Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

So much fuzzy, what about the specs Asera?

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Since everyone else is posting their entire desk... here. I might have already but I don't remember. I'm currently setting up a new 24 port smart switch, which is why it's on the desk hooked up to just a netbook.

<snip>
    very OT, but Babylon 5 > Deep Space 9

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    So much fuzzy, what about the specs Asera?
    It hasn't changed since my last post.

2500K @ 4600mhz, 16GiB DDR3-1600, P8Z68V, 212+, GTX 560Ti TFIII, 2x 128GB M4's, 2x 640GB Cav Blacks, Define R3, HX750, U2311H, BW Ultimate and a DeathAdder.

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    very OT, but Babylon 5 > Deep Space 9
    That's false, and not OT at all!
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

2500k @ 4600 mhz
    16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Zalman CNPS9900 MAX
    EVGA GTX 680 "Superclocked"
    Logitech Z-5500
    Dirty Antec 1200
    WWE championship
    G110 and some Razer mouse

and...

Hope you guys like my crappy 2006 47 inch Westinghouse monitor! Spent 2K on the BS at the time. Going to get a u2711 when I move to a different apartment.

Last edited by Lillax; 2012-05-25 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Poor rabbit/chinchilla or whatever it is
    Yes, it's a rabbit in a dog cage... the other two are behind me... little menaces... wish I could boil/roast em... but alas GF's daughter won't let me....
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II/OC || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Poor rabbit/chinchilla or whatever it is
    It's going to go deaf from the TV speakers, heh.
    "Wrong. Deterrence deflects 100% of Iron Prison (Not tomb) dmg." -Jaydenkor, 2014