1. #7261
    What? An Intel platform again with a TJmax not nearing 100 degrees? o.o Where did you see this?

  2. #7262
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    CPU temp reaches 67 degrees which supposedly is the max for these
    Who told you such crap?
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  3. #7263
    I think you're thinking of the TCase max.

  4. #7264
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Cronus View Post
    I think you're thinking of the TCase max.
    No, I think he's thinking of the TJ Max for some of AMD's chips, which is indeed right around the upper 60s Celsius, for some ridiculous reason I've yet to be told.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  5. #7265
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12,897
    And this thread has a topic.
    If you would so kindly at least loosely stick to it, appreciated.
    You are very welcome to create a new thread asking these things.

  6. #7266
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dalaran
    Posts
    174
    Finally got around to hooking up my other monitor. Don't know how I did anything without it.

    Keyboard: Steekseries 6gv2
    Mouse: Razer Naga, along with the mouse pad and headphones
    Acer monitors
    Off the self computer...which is awesome and can run any game on highest settings with no problem.


  7. #7267
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    SSD - 120GB Intel 520 SSD for OS; 256GB Intel 520 SSD for Games; 256GB Crucial M4 for more Games
    Holy shit. Are you running Raid0 for your two 256gb SSD's? Should really blast through game loading times since those rely on sequential reads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymolo21 View Post
    Off the self computer...which is awesome and can run any game on highest settings with no problem.
    Really? Specs?
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-05-26 at 07:45 AM.

  8. #7268
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dalaran
    Posts
    174
    uhhh lets see...
    i7-2600k
    8gigs of ram
    Nvidia GTX 550 Ti

    I guess those are the only specs that matter...don't know the mobo or anything but it's handled everything I've thrown at it.

  9. #7269
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymolo21 View Post
    uhhh lets see...
    i7-2600k
    8gigs of ram
    Nvidia GTX 550 Ti

    I guess those are the only specs that matter...don't know the mobo or anything but it's handled everything I've thrown at it.
    Ooohhhhh I see what's going on here...never mind, carry along then!
    Nice gaming setup overall
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-05-26 at 07:56 AM.

  10. #7270
    Just ordered parts for new build!! Will post pics soon as its built, parts listed below

    i5 3570k
    coolermaster 212 evo
    biostar tz77xe4
    Corsair vengance 8gb
    corsair gs800w psu
    asus dvd rw
    crucial m4 128gb
    wd blue 500gb, already had
    nzxt phantom 410 black midtower
    Sapphire toxic 6850, also already have but looking to upgrade soon

  11. #7271
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymolo21 View Post
    uhhh lets see...
    i7-2600k
    8gigs of ram
    Nvidia GTX 550 Ti

    I guess those are the only specs that matter...don't know the mobo or anything but it's handled everything I've thrown at it.
    Curious as to why you have a 2600k but only a 550 Ti.

  12. #7272
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by YouTube1080p View Post
    Curious as to why you have a 2600k but only a 550 Ti.
    Because it's a "gaming PC" prebuild purchased from some store, he didn't build it.

  13. #7273
    The Lightbringer Djinni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Guildford, Surrey, UK
    Posts
    3,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Because it's a "gaming PC" prebuild purchased from some store, he didn't build it.
    I never will manage to work out why pre-built "Gaming PC's" always have such borderline low-mid range graphics cards.
    It's not like half the people buying them wouldn't happily/un-caringly shell out an extra £100 or so.
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN || Samsung 46 F6320

  14. #7274
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    I never will manage to work out why pre-built "Gaming PC's" always have such borderline low-mid range graphics cards.
    It's not like half the people buying them wouldn't happily/un-caringly shell out an extra £100 or so.
    The majority of people buying prebuilds simply don't know what performance that extra $100 will net them because they're unfamiliar with how graphics cards are ranked, plus they're already being overcharged $1200-$1500 for what is essentially a $700 build (I used $ because I don't know £ prices off the top of my head).
    The customers' lack of knowledge (and unwillingness to do any research) is a huge opportunity for sellers : /

  15. #7275
    It's often not a matter of an additional $100; I've seen those exact specs on a machine that was a 100% complete scam of a prebuilt. Cost about $2000 here in Norway, which even with price adjustment is still ridiculous.

  16. #7276
    Fluffy Kitten Marest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,232
    It's not that by adding $100 it would perform better, it's simply down to how the average consumer thinks. Why do they pair a 550 Ti to a 2600k? It's simple:
    - Intel is well established as is nVidia. Simply having an "i7" will make the computer sell a lot better than if it was an "i5". It's how the market works. Talk to any sales-representative at a major electronics store and he will try to pitch that "i7" to you, even if it is 2-3 generations old.
    - It works a bit different for nVidia and GPUs. "Geforce" as well as "GTX" sells. The added "Ti" sells as well as it lures the consumer into thinking that it has something extra (the 550 Ti sells better than the 560 in pre-builts). Also, ask anyone without computer knowledge and they will most likely say that the Gefore GTX 550 Ti is better than the Gefore GTX 460, perhaps even the 470. They will definitely say that the GT 530 is better than the GTS 450. Tl;dr: the avg. consumer focuses more on the first digit than the second.
    - Further, it's still too focused on RAM and harddrive space. A 2TB machine with 8GB RAM will sell better than a 1TB machine with 4GB RAM even if the latter has a superior GPU and CPU.


    In either case, this is getting a bit too far off topic. Feel free to create a separate thread if you wish to discuss it further.

  17. #7277
    Herald of the Titans nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymolo21 View Post
    Finally got around to hooking up my other monitor. Don't know how I did anything without it.

    Keyboard: Steekseries 6gv2
    Mouse: Razer Naga, along with the mouse pad and headphones
    Acer monitors
    Off the self computer...which is awesome and can run any game on highest settings with no problem.

    Finally a clean, neat desk. The mess and dirt/dust I see in some images make me shiver. Nice job!

    What are your specs btw?

    I currently have a pretty short CPU power cable, so it routed over my gfx card to connect on the mobo. Anyone know if there's an extension for it so I can pass it behind the motherboard? If this question is too off-topic I would appreciate a PM.

  18. #7278
    Brewmaster Ghâzh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,306
    BitFenix has braided extension cables. Look for their alchemy cable series.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.

  19. #7279
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dalaran
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    The majority of people buying prebuilds simply don't know what performance that extra $100 will net them because they're unfamiliar with how graphics cards are ranked, plus they're already being overcharged $1200-$1500 for what is essentially a $700 build (I used $ because I don't know £ prices off the top of my head).
    The customers' lack of knowledge (and unwillingness to do any research) is a huge opportunity for sellers : /
    All told it really did only cost me $780 of the shelf. And I did do research on that card and it seemed to be a decent card for what I want it do it....guess I shouldn't have posted anything after all...

  20. #7280
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymolo21 View Post
    All told it really did only cost me $780 of the shelf. And I did do research on that card and it seemed to be a decent card for what I want it do it....guess I shouldn't have posted anything after all...
    So long as you don't try to game at 1920x1080, you'll be fine, but really, the $100 saved for opting for a 2500K could have net you a 560 Ti or perhaps even a 570, or better yet a 7850, which are far better cards.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •