Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Sorry to intrude with a question that is perhaps not best suited to this exact thread, but how much would it cost to build a rig that is considered 'good' nowadays? I'm sitting with a decaying GTX 260, freaking 2 GB of ram (Would have had 4 but the other set caused a damn blue screen.) and some random AMD II x4 CPU.

Thanks.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds <- this sticky in the build forum should be of help!
    Obsidian 350D | i7 2700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110 | ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77 | 32GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan @ 1.1Ghz 7Ghz Mem | 500GB SSD | 4TB Stripe

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Sorry to intrude with a question that is perhaps not best suited to this exact thread, but how much would it cost to build a rig that is considered 'good' nowadays? I'm sitting with a decaying GTX 260, freaking 2 GB of ram (Would have had 4 but the other set caused a damn blue screen.) and some random AMD II x4 CPU.
    This thread is not intended as a "fast question - fast answer" thread. If you want to know what kind of computer + peripherals you can get with a given budget, ask in the "Computer Build / Upgrade Help" sub-forum. Creating a new thread is encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    This thread is not intended as a "fast question - fast answer" thread. If you want to know what kind of computer + peripherals you can get with a given budget, ask in the "Computer Build / Upgrade Help" sub-forum. Creating a new thread is encouraged.
    I highly recommend adding this to the first page because people see all the builds and then end up asking questions about their own builds, it's inevitable :P

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.7Ghz 1.24v
    Corsair H100 + 2x Cougar Vortex fans
    G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3 8GB @2400mhz 10-12-12-31-1T
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    Asus GTX 680 DirectCUII TOP @1330core / 1650mem
    Seasonic X-650
    OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 120GB
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    Creative Sound Blaster Titanium HD
    Coolermaster HAF 922

Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-06-05 at 06:55 PM.

Kinda a new build

Z77A-GD55 MSI
    i5 2500K OC to 4ghz
    8G Muskgin 1600 mhz
    1 SSD boot corsair 60 g Force 3
    2 seagate barracuda 250 g Raid 0
    1 TB WD backup
    570 GTX MSI power edition
    Haf X case

What's with that oddly placed fan above the graphics card, next to your CPU socket? o.o

Marest, your setup is just... Awesome!
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    What's with that oddly placed fan above the graphics card, next to your CPU socket? o.o
    Its a antec spot cool good for little places in the case like the north bridge etc

I just purchased all the parts for my new build. Once i build it in the next week or two, i'll get some pictures up. Plan on lighting her up green.

Case: NZXT Switch 810 White
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard: ASRock z77 Extreme4
    PSU: Corsair AX850 Gold
    GPU: EVGA GTX670 FTW Edition
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical CL8 DDR3 1600 2x4GB
    SSD: 128GB Crucial M4
    HDD: 320GB and 500GB Western Digital
    ODD: ASUS 24x DVDR/W

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    I just purchased all the parts for my new build. Once i build it in the next week or two, i'll get some pictures up. Plan on lighting her up green.

Case: NZXT Switch 810 White
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard: ASRock z77 Extreme4
    PSU: Corsair AX850 Gold
    GPU: EVGA GTX670 FTW Edition
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical CL8 DDR3 1600 2x4GB
    SSD: 128GB Crucial M4
    HDD: 320GB and 500GB Western Digital
    ODD: ASUS 24x DVDR/W
    Should have spent some of that wasted money, from the PSU, on a better CPU heatsink!
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Uncutshadow View Post
    Its a antec spot cool good for little places in the case like the north bridge etc
    ...which is completely useless. >.>;

Alright, my first ever build and I'm super happy with it. Runs like a charm and was a fantastic experience learning about it. Next month investing in an SSD, some more case fans and a gaming mouse (maybe even a chair!)

i5 2500K @ 4.0Ghz
    Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
    MSI G43 Z77 Mobo
    8Gb Mushkin RAM
    GeForce 670 GTX GPU
    1Tb SeaGate HDD
    OCZ 650w PSU
    Corsair 400R Carbide Chassis
    Asus 22" HDMI Monitor

Last edited by Reqq; 2012-06-03 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    ...which is completely useless. >.>;
    Righttttttttttttttttttttt....

Thnk you need to answering your questions with abit more knowledge added to it ty ty

Quote Originally Posted by Uncutshadow View Post
    Righttttttttttttttttttttt....

Thnk you need to answering your questions with abit more knowledge added to it ty ty
    Actually in a high airflow case like the HAF X (trust me, I have one) it really is useless. Where you have that fan aimed it's really doing nothing beneficial. For the record, the North Bridge is actually under the CPU, and then the South Bridge is even lower, however I believe on LGA Socket 1155 boards, the North Bridge doesn't get nearly as hot as the South.

I'll also back up Drunkenvalley as someone who does have a lot of knowledge about computers, he has built several and has a full custom liquid loop, as well.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Alright, my first ever build and I'm super happy with it. Runs like a charm and was a fantastic experience learning about it. Next month investing in an SSD, some more case fans and a gaming mouse (maybe even a chair!)

i5 2500K @ 4.0Ghz
    Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
    MSI G43 Z77 Mobo
    8Gb Mushkin RAM
    GeForce 670 GTX GPU
    1Tb SeaGate HDD
    OCZ 650w PSU
    Corsair 400R Carbide Chassis
    Asus 22" HDMI Monitor

http://i45.tinypic.com/zmmdkg.jpg
    http://i48.tinypic.com/20sgj0l.jpg
    Looks slick! Great cable management for your first build!

Dat box underneath your desk must be hella comfy to sit behind btw!

Please don't quote entire posts without breaking the image links.
    Last edited by Marest; 2012-06-07 at 10:52 AM.
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

Hey man feel free to stick fans wherever you like lets not bail on the guy (Drunken started it!) because it atleast looksinteresting, I personally haven't seen anything like it. Unless you count that Thermaltake mouse that had a fan which looked a suspiciously similar to that little fan inside Uncut's case.

But yeah, FYI the northbridge/southbridge haven't needed additional cooling since long before the socket 1336 days (and I mean way before that), it'd be the equivalent of trying to cool your PSU with additional fans pointing at it :P

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Actually in a high airflow case like the HAF X (trust me, I have one) it really is useless. Where you have that fan aimed it's really doing nothing beneficial. For the record, the North Bridge is actually under the CPU, and then the South Bridge is even lower, however I believe on LGA Socket 1155 boards, the North Bridge doesn't get nearly as hot as the South.

I'll also back up Drunkenvalley as someone who does have a lot of knowledge about computers, he has built several and has a full custom liquid loop, as well.
    Depending how high you're overclocking, and the level of power you're pushing to the CPU, MOFSETs can get VERY hot. Even in an HAF X. Though not enough to cause serious problems, it's more of a paranoid parrot or OCD peace of mind.

Also, Intel systems don't even use a southbridge. Almost all 'Northbridge' chipsets on LGA1155/1156 boards is to the right of the PCIe slots. I know in my system, it's half covered by my 560Ti.

Although now that I think about it, technically the CPU itself is the new northbridge, since it does everything old northbridge chipsets used to do.
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Depending how high you're overclocking, and the level of power you're pushing to the CPU, MOFSETs can get VERY hot. Even in an HAF X. Though not enough to cause serious problems, it's more of a paranoid parrot or OCD peace of mind.

Also, Intel systems don't even use a southbridge. Almost all 'Northbridge' chipsets on LGA1155/1156 boards is to the right of the PCIe slots. I know in my system, it's half covered by my 560Ti.

Although now that I think about it, technically the CPU itself is the new northbridge, since it does everything old northbridge chipsets used to do.
    He's running a H100 push/pull at 4ghz, that fan is not necessary imo.
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    He's running a H100 push/pull at 4ghz, that fan is not necessary imo.
    Like I said, it's for OCD. I bet his MOFSETs would get pretty hot considering a water block doesn't move any air around them whatsoever.
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

Setup isn't complete yet but will be soon enough, need to get two monitors of the same size and resolution unlike the two stand in ones I'm using one of which is a tv.

My setup:

PC specs - CPU Type: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz System Memory: 15.99 GB Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    Video Card Memory: 3.92 GB Primary Display Resolution: 1360x768 Secondary Display Resolution: 1824x1004

Turtle Beach PX21 headset which is held on the wall if you can see it.
    Vestalife firefly speakers/iphone dock.
    Ipad "3" ( I watch a lot of TV and movies on it through Netflix and the SkyGo app mostly)
    PS3
    Come see if I am streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/tmoffitt or follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/realTomMoffitt