Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And cables not reaching is a bit more of a performance drop than the degree or so temperature difference.
    unless like mentioned already the cables can't reach
    Did you read this part? If the cables can't reach then obviously you're not going to turn it around, unless you have extension cables...

Going off-topic now though, it was just meant as an observation/suggestion. The build looks great as is anyways!
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Did you read this part? If the cables can't reach then obviously you're not going to turn it around, unless you have extension cables...

Going off-topic now though, it was just meant as an observation/suggestion. The build looks great as is anyways!
    Well, I actually did have plenty of cable to work with but I still prefer the fan facing down for now. Perhaps I will explore that at a later date when I pick up my new case fans and have a need to pull off the back panel that is keeping my zip tie artwork hidden from the world.

Still not sure how LED's(White or Blue) fans will look in my case. Might just buy some fans and try them out and return if not satisfied.
    Last edited by BruceG87; 2012-06-06 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    Still not sure how LED's(White or Blue) fans will look in my case. Might just buy some fans and try them out and return if not satisfied.
    As an Arc Midi owner myself (albeit a modded one - click the link in my sig to see pics), LEDs would ruin the simplicity of the case, in my opinion... But, I might be biased, I'm against LEDs in almost every circumstance, I've only seen a few people pull them off (Voorhees83 being one of them).

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    As an Arc Midi owner myself (albeit a modded one - click the link in my sig to see pics), LEDs would ruin the simplicity of the case, in my opinion... But, I might be biased, I'm against LEDs in almost every circumstance, I've only seen a few people pull them off (Voorhees83 being one of them).
    Been a fan of your rig since you started that build log on it. I share the same feeling regarding LEDs. That's why I was hesitant to begin with. I am largely against LED's as they generally don't look good with the rest of the system. Of course there are a few exceptions, but those are generally some expensive builds/mods.

More than likely I will just be purchasing some plain white, or white/black combo color fans that compliment the rest of the case. Have a few in mind, though they're not in stock anywhere atm it seems. When all is said and done, I think the only LED I wouldn't mind would be fan controller related.

Lets see how this goes. Also, mind the posters :P

i7 2600k with Corsair H100.
    Sapphire 6950 unlocked to a 6970.
    Corsair White 600t case.
    Corsair 850w PSU.
    Corsair Domminator 2x 4g 2100.

Just click the image for the original size.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    http://imgur.com/15QFx
    http://imgur.com/nEkUT

First build since 2005.
    Still working on picking up some replacement case fans. Debating going LED fans for my front intakes.

CPU - i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
    Cooler - Phanteks TC14PE
    Mobo - Asus Sabertooth Z77
    GPU - EVGA 2GB GTX 670 FTW
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2x4GB)
    SSD - Crucial m4 256GB
    HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU - Seasonic x760 gold (full modular)
    Case - Fractal Design Arc Midi
    Monitor - Dell u2711 27" IPS
    Keyboard - Corsair K90 Vengeance
    Mouse - Logitech G500
    Admire your cable managment.

Please don't quote entire posts without breaking the image links.
    Last edited by Marest; 2012-06-07 at 10:50 AM.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini mATX
    MB: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
    RAM: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3-1600
    CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz
    Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212+
    GPU: MSI 560GTX Ti Twin Frozr 2
    PSU: Chieftec APS-550C 550W 80+ Modular
    Storage: Hitachi 1TB, Hitachi 500gb, Crucial M4 64GB SSD

Updated cable management and threw an ssd along with nice heatsink some time ago, just forgot to take pictures.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Anball2

MSI GTX 560 Ti | Crucial M4 64GB

Aren't hard drives meant to go in the other way? ouo;

Aren't hard drives meant to go in the other way?
    this way i can easily reinstall them without removing sidepanel behind.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Anball2

MSI GTX 560 Ti | Crucial M4 64GB

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Breaking the norm :P Actually doesn't look too bad like that.

Mechagnome
    this way i can easily reinstall them without removing sidepanel behind.
    Wow, I've never even thought of it like that Oo
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

This would be my first gaming PC and first time full build
    It was a budget pc, but I'm saving some money for a new gpu and psu.

i5 3570k 3.4GHz
    AsRock Z77 Extreme4
    EVGA GeForce GTS250 1GB
    Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB
    Corsair CX500 V2
    G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4 8GB 1333MHz
    Thermal Take V3 Black Edition case
    Thermal Take SpinQ Heat sink

I make Trance, let me know what you think! http://youtu.be/b19r1rsqsI0

Don't want to tell people how to take photos...but it's really hard to say anything when people take super close-up shots instead of just 1 clear full-view photo with the side panel off. Libram and Theory did it, can't say anything about the cable management or overall look because all the photos are extremely close. Unless you really want us to be able to read what's written on your mosfets/capacitors :P

Note what Anb and Fiddycen did, now you can tell a LOT from a single photo like that
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-07 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    That's one of the reasons I only use one monitor, two monitors is just untidy. Not to mention, I never really used my second monitor when I had one, if I need a second screen, I normally just use my laptop.

That being said, I am toying around with the idea of adding two more U2412Ms around Christmas, make a NVIDIA surround setup.
    I have grown the same way actually. Both my old monitors are sitting on the floor next to me, not sure if I am going to take them to the dump or donate them since they still work perfectly. I decided to put my record player on my desk next to the monitor for now since I felt it was unsafe sitting on a plastic storage cart near my desk. It doesn't skip when the music is cranked either. If I had a larger desk, I would use 2 monitors, or if I could get the onboard working so I can use my second screen for non graphics intensive programs.

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    That's how I had my drives installed in my old Define Mini, now I have them put in the other way since the side panel actually has room for cabling on my 400R.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-06-07 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Don't want to tell people how to take photos...but it's really hard to say anything when people take super close-up shots instead of just 1 clear full-view photo with the side panel off. Libram and Theory did it, can't say anything about the cable management or overall look because all the photos are extremely close. Unless you really want us to be able to read what's written on your mosfets/capacitors :P

Note what Anb and Fiddycen did, now you can tell a LOT from a single photo like that

I'll have to bring my computer to a friends or something, my home has the worse lighting and the camera was from a DSi, so no flash :C
    I make Trance, let me know what you think! http://youtu.be/b19r1rsqsI0

Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    I'll have to bring my computer to a friends or something, my home has the worse lighting and the camera was from a DSi, so no flash :C
    No no I didn't mean the quality/lighting, that's alright because not everyone owns a camera. I was talking about the angle - a photo with the side panel removed that shows everything e.g. how Anb's shown it.

any one know where to buy frontfan mounting screws for NZXT cases? i lost them 2 years ago.

This isn't the thread to ask questions like that, but the NZXT front fan mount screws are 6-32x28 (mm i would presume). You could look at local hardware stores or somewhere like performance-pcs.com or frozencpu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

As requested. I figured this thread was more about the gaming setup and not the rig itself.