1. #7701
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick View Post
    what are the load temps with the h100 and that oc on your cpu?
    So far, I'm getting 25-29c on idle, and at heavy load the highest I've seen was 58 I believe. Keep in mind that from what I've noticed, the CPU was spiking a little in temperature, but it wasn't something alarming.

  2. #7702
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    So far, I'm getting 25-29c on idle, and at heavy load the highest I've seen was 58 I believe. Keep in mind that from what I've noticed, the CPU was spiking a little in temperature, but it wasn't something alarming.
    very nice temps i've been debating getting a h100 myself for my 2700k ..i have this case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133178 it should fit the h100 but unsure btw i only paid 89 for it caught it on a mega sale on newegg
    You Can't C Me!!


  3. #7703
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick View Post
    very nice temps i've been debating getting a h100 myself for my 2700k ..i have this case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133178 it should fit the h100 but unsure btw i only paid 89 for it caught it on a mega sale on newegg
    The H100 is an awesome cooler, and I can do a few modding to be able to make it push-pull on the 600T, but I guess I'm fine with it so far. Personally I'm not much into Tt products, but it's no doubt that having that chassis for only 90$ is a very good deal.

  4. #7704
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,006
    Static do you have your H100 pulling air in from the top or pushing it out from the top?

  5. #7705
    Pandaren Monk Maruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,841
    you are only 58C at load with that much vcore? did you check real temp while at 100% load with prime? That seems like crazy low temps.

  6. #7706
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Static do you have your H100 pulling air in from the top or pushing it out from the top?
    Hi Xuvial, nice to see you still around. Yes, I'm having my fans pulling air in from the top.

    ---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 01:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    you are only 58C at load with that much vcore? did you check real temp while at 100% load with prime? That seems like crazy low temps.
    Yes I did. this PC is always in a room with 19c. I always keep the AC on due to Dubai's hot weather.

  7. #7707
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,006
    Oooh Dubai! Nice place.
    I'm always around I asked because I actually have my H100 fans the other way (pushing air out, I'm basically cooling the radiator with the warm air inside my PC). While pulling air in is guaranteed to result in lower temps , the end result for me was about 5x more dust getting pulled in from the top into the radiator and into my system. All dust filters would mean is cleaning the filters more often and dust still making it through...and the temp difference was only around ~4-5c, negligible since I'm peaking ~67c at the most.
    I also need to maximise exhaust due to the DCII cooler venting steaming-hot air into the case (the backplate gets HOT), and that air needs to be vented out the top quickly.

    I'll change the direction once I go all-out watercooling with the GPU included in the loop.

  8. #7708
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Oooh Dubai! Nice place.
    I'm always around I asked because I actually have my H100 fans the other way (pushing air out, I'm basically cooling the radiator with the warm air inside my PC). While pulling air in is guaranteed to result in lower temps , the end result for me was about 5x more dust getting pulled in from the top into the radiator and into my system. All dust filters would mean is cleaning the filters more often and dust still making it through...and the temp difference was only around ~4-5c, negligible since I'm peaking ~67c at the most.
    I also need to maximise exhaust due to the DCII cooler venting steaming-hot air into the case (the backplate gets HOT), and that air needs to be vented out the top quickly.

    I'll change the direction once I go all-out watercooling with the GPU included in the loop.
    I just can't stress enough how I love your cable management, and how everything looks and matches really perfectly. Very nice, indeed.

    I'll be honest, I wouldn't have done this PC without you guys. Although I'm not that kind of guy who posts a lot, I do however read a lot from you, Tetris, Vesseblah, Deltrus, Marest as well as many others. I try as hard as I can to match all the good hardware you guys recommend into a single build, and I mostly get a bit close to it like this build. You all have an incredible amount of very useful and informative posts and I would gladly adopt all of you. <3

  9. #7709
    Is that an offer of a holiday in Dubai?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  10. #7710
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is that an offer of a holiday in Dubai?
    You bet! Just bring 3, 120GB Crucial M4's with you and leave the rest to me.

  11. #7711
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I'll change the direction once I go all-out watercooling with the GPU included in the loop.
    Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiit nooooooooow.~

  12. #7712
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiit nooooooooow.~
    580 isn't worth the trouble brah and I think my chip sucks because I can't seem to go past ~920mhz stable even with the vcore maxed out (1.150v) so it's reeeally not worth it.
    I'm seriously waiting for GK110. It's going to be the god of all GPU's, hopefully capable of pushing 120fps at high/ultra and certainly one deserving of a waterblock.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-18 at 09:08 AM.

  13. #7713

  14. #7714
    Oh yeah, fun story.
    So dustinhome.no was being slow in processing our order, despite us having paid up front already. So we call them and ask. Turns out they only had 1 kit of 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum left, while we'd ordered two (4x8GB for X79's quad-channel).

    After a bit of internal discussion, me and my brother concluded that we'd just drop one kit and let me have 16GB of Dominator Platinum, while he gets my 32GB kit of Corsair Dominator.

    Hopefully we have all the stuff before the weekend.

  15. #7715

  16. #7716
    No pictures to be had yet. However, I also ordered Corsair's blue braided cables for this rig.

  17. #7717
    Bloodsail Admiral Ghâzh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    120fps on high/ultra in what game? O_o
    Every single game

  18. #7718
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    3,661
    I think my weekend project this Saturday will be to swap my workstation and server cases around, so I can use this HD5970 that I got for free.
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

  19. #7719
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I'm seriously waiting for GK110. It's going to be the god of all GPU's, hopefully capable of pushing 120fps at high/ultra and certainly one deserving of a waterblock.
    I'm holding off buying GPUs until the next generation, because I honestly doubt that the GK110 will hit the GeForce-series.
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

  20. #7720
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm holding off buying GPUs until the next generation, because I honestly doubt that the GK110 will hit the GeForce-series.
    I wouldn't hold my breath.
    With Nvidias new GPUs being a lot less power-hungry this might be correct seeing how GK110 is almost twice as big as GK104, but they might also keep it for the 700 series. It makes no sense for Nvidia to release a single GPU card that can almost compete with GTX690.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •