Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Static do you have your H100 pulling air in from the top or pushing it out from the top?
    Hi Xuvial, nice to see you still around. Yes, I'm having my fans pulling air in from the top.

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    you are only 58C at load with that much vcore? did you check real temp while at 100% load with prime? That seems like crazy low temps.
    Yes I did. this PC is always in a room with 19c. I always keep the AC on due to Dubai's hot weather.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Oooh Dubai! Nice place.
    I'm always around I asked because I actually have my H100 fans the other way (pushing air out, I'm basically cooling the radiator with the warm air inside my PC). While pulling air in is guaranteed to result in lower temps , the end result for me was about 5x more dust getting pulled in from the top into the radiator and into my system. All dust filters would mean is cleaning the filters more often and dust still making it through...and the temp difference was only around ~4-5c, negligible since I'm peaking ~67c at the most.
    I also need to maximise exhaust due to the DCII cooler venting steaming-hot air into the case (the backplate gets HOT), and that air needs to be vented out the top quickly.

I'll change the direction once I go all-out watercooling with the GPU included in the loop.

Oooh Dubai! Nice place.
    I'm always around I asked because I actually have my H100 fans the other way (pushing air out, I'm basically cooling the radiator with the warm air inside my PC). While pulling air in is guaranteed to result in lower temps , the end result for me was about 5x more dust getting pulled in from the top into the radiator and into my system. All dust filters would mean is cleaning the filters more often and dust still making it through...and the temp difference was only around ~4-5c, negligible since I'm peaking ~67c at the most.
    I also need to maximise exhaust due to the DCII cooler venting steaming-hot air into the case (the backplate gets HOT), and that air needs to be vented out the top quickly.

I'll change the direction once I go all-out watercooling with the GPU included in the loop.
    I just can't stress enough how I love your cable management, and how everything looks and matches really perfectly. Very nice, indeed.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't have done this PC without you guys. Although I'm not that kind of guy who posts a lot, I do however read a lot from you, Tetris, Vesseblah, Deltrus, Marest as well as many others. I try as hard as I can to match all the good hardware you guys recommend into a single build, and I mostly get a bit close to it like this build. You all have an incredible amount of very useful and informative posts and I would gladly adopt all of you. <3
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Is that an offer of a holiday in Dubai?
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is that an offer of a holiday in Dubai?
    You bet! Just bring 3, 120GB Crucial M4's with you and leave the rest to me.

Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiit nooooooooow.~

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiit nooooooooow.~
    580 isn't worth the trouble brah and I think my chip sucks because I can't seem to go past ~920mhz stable even with the vcore maxed out (1.150v) so it's reeeally not worth it.
    I'm seriously waiting for GK110. It's going to be the god of all GPU's, hopefully capable of pushing 120fps at high/ultra and certainly one deserving of a waterblock.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-18 at 09:08 AM.

120fps on high/ultra in what game? O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Oh yeah, fun story.
    So dustinhome.no was being slow in processing our order, despite us having paid up front already. So we call them and ask. Turns out they only had 1 kit of 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum left, while we'd ordered two (4x8GB for X79's quad-channel).

After a bit of internal discussion, me and my brother concluded that we'd just drop one kit and let me have 16GB of Dominator Platinum, while he gets my 32GB kit of Corsair Dominator.

Hopefully we have all the stuff before the weekend.

Post pictures damn it!!!
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.

No pictures to be had yet. However, I also ordered Corsair's blue braided cables for this rig.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    120fps on high/ultra in what game? O_o
    Every single game

This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I think my weekend project this Saturday will be to swap my workstation and server cases around, so I can use this HD5970 that I got for free.
    red panda red panda red panda!

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I'm seriously waiting for GK110. It's going to be the god of all GPU's, hopefully capable of pushing 120fps at high/ultra and certainly one deserving of a waterblock.
    I'm holding off buying GPUs until the next generation, because I honestly doubt that the GK110 will hit the GeForce-series.
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm holding off buying GPUs until the next generation, because I honestly doubt that the GK110 will hit the GeForce-series.
    I wouldn't hold my breath.
    With Nvidias new GPUs being a lot less power-hungry this might be correct seeing how GK110 is almost twice as big as GK104, but they might also keep it for the 700 series. It makes no sense for Nvidia to release a single GPU card that can almost compete with GTX690.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    With Nvidias new GPUs being a lot less power-hungry this might be correct seeing how GK110 is almost twice as big as GK104, but they might also keep it for the 700 series. It makes no sense for Nvidia to release a single GPU card that can almost compete with GTX690.
    As we understand it, supposedly the GK110 was supposed to be the original GTX 680, then NVidia saw how "crappy" the 7970 is, essentially, and said the GTS 650~ is about equal, so bumped it up to the 680 position and held off on GK110.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    As we understand it, supposedly the GK110 was supposed to be the original GTX 680, then NVidia saw how "crappy" the 7970 is, essentially, and said the GTS 650~ is about equal, so bumped it up to the 680 position and held off on GK110.
    You are exaggerating a lot here. It was the GTX 670 Ti who got renamed. So it was just a step down.
    They also didn't see it as crappy. They realised all they needed was the GTX 670 Ti.
    And with the release of the GTX 690 they showed they had no need to "soil" the 600-series with the GK110 who as far as we know may have other issues, making them prefer the GTX 670 Ti.

I mean, rather than want a super hungry, warm but powerful GPU like they've been known for, they could get people to associate them with a power-efficient, cool-running and still pretty powerful GPU.

Pardon me, read somewhere it was the 650.

I thought that seemed a bit extreme.

Still though tetris, I think we would have been interested in seeing just what the GK110 could do, it is after all quite large and the supposed stats were stupid-ridiculous.

New stuff! Who wants another Sabertooth Z77?!

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Black
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
    Power Supply: NZXT Hale82 750W
    Processor: i5-3570k [email protected]
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 p/p (2xAerocool Shark White pushing, 2xCM Excalibur pulling)
    Memory: GSkill Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2133Mhz
    Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce 560 Ti (w/Backplate)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB SSD
    Storage Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM

It passed a full OCCT 1hr test, but evidently taking the screenshot didn't work for the OC thread.. Ugh, gotta run it again.
    Last edited by Ryann; 2012-07-18 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryann View Post
    New stuff! Who wants another Sabertooth Z77?!

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Black
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
    Power Supply: NZXT Hale82 750W
    Processor: i5-3570k [email protected]
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 p/p (2xAerocool Shark White pushing, 2xCM Excalibur pulling)
    Memory: GSkill Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2133Mhz
    Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce 560 Ti (w/Backplate)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB SSD
    Storage Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM

It passed a full OCCT 1hr test, but evidently taking the screenshot didn't work for the OC thread.. Ugh, gotta run it again.
    Sexy stuff man! Gonna upgrade the GPU soon?
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX