Isn't that what they said was the 680 alone?

Bah, either way, I was definitely incorrect, however, 75% load seems high to trigger the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Isn't that what they said was the 680 alone?
    It's the full system load, not the GPU's load. Says right there on the tin.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    [...] @ Ringko. Nice build. Don't like the quality of the picture or the cable management though.
    Is that a Model M?
    Haha yeah, I wasn't thinking straight there; taking pictures against my closed white window blinds with their unfortunate light amplification (iPhone camera too). And cable management did get downprioritized since I'd need to crawl under my desk with a flashlight to properly see the insides of the case through the window anyways.

The PSU is a model M, but could just as easily gone with a non-modular version, as I'm using the same amount of cables anyway, d'oh.
    Ringko (EU) - Okgnir (EU) - Ringko (US)

just curious what some of you guys use for cable management? i have three monitors and a bunch of peripherals connected to a power strip which has 4 or 5 rather thick cables plugged into it. it's got so crazy that i need to sort it out because the wires bunched everywhere are where my feet would like to be, but it's just not possible with them all stacked up.

you can see how bad it is here.

I personally just bought a strip of velcro, stuck it to the powerstrip and stuck said strip to the underside of my desk...

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I personally just bought a strip of velcro, stuck it to the powerstrip and stuck said strip to the underside of my desk...
    ooo, not a bad idea mate, i'll buy some at work tomorrow!

I used a bunch of zip ties and tie mounts under my desk to secure the cables behind a piece of wood that comes about a foot down under it, so they are behind there.

Also, the HyperV server has been swapped. Pictures soon!

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 09:28 PM ----------

First, the workstation as it appeared before this swap.

Shortly into the initial teardown...

Then we got the inside of the Define XL shortly before that teardown...

Partially into the rebuild of the server components into the Define R3...

And the finished product!

...And the irritating cable management job on the other side!
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    WTB specs list Asera, including networking cards. ;p
    I listed them before. All that's changed is the case!

Fractal Design Define R3
    Asus M4A89GTD Pro USB3
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T w/ AC Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    16GiB DDR3-1333 (2x G.Skill RJX, 2x Mushkin Silverline)
    Intel Pro1000CT PCIe NIC
    Intel Pro1000GT PCI NIC
    DLink DGE-530T (I think) NIC
    Antec Truepower New 750W
    2x Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB
    1x WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    1x Samsung Spinpoint F1 640GB
    1x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB (So far the only Seagate drive I've owned that hasn't failed!)
    LG IDE DVD drive
    4x 120mm Yate Loon fans
    Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacentre (For the Host OS)

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    1x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB (So far the only Seagate drive I've owned that hasn't failed!)
    *knocks on wood*

Anyway, here's hoping the Cosmos II doesn't take to long to ship. Still no sign of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the postman took another Cosmos for his brother. :P

@Asera, love the cable management, I'm far too lazy to do such stuff :C

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    *knocks on wood*
    Fortunately its only function is a mirror of the backup server's storage drive.

So all it has is backups of stored system images, and an Exchange database.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    ooo, not a bad idea mate, i'll buy some at work tomorrow!
    Yup my main goal is to keep the cables off the ground and out of my legs. Also makes vacuuming easier since I'm on a carpeted surface. Bunch the cables together with cable ties (or twist ties).

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the postman took another Cosmos for his brother. :P
    Neither case has reached the first shipping company. (I'm not sure why there are two shipping companies involved in the first place, but hey.) The second case was put into the process on late Friday because they were being tardy, but basically it should be leaving on Monday.

Most likely it's some bigger logistics company that has outsourced some departments and it appears as two altough it's basically working as one. I.e one car brings the goods to their terminal and another ships it to your house.

No. Posten & Tollpost are two different companies. It's very common practice to default to Posten if for whatever reason you otherwise can't deliver the package though. They are always near-guaranteed to have an office in your general region.

The reason I react to Tollpost handing off the package to Posten in the first place is that they claim they don't have delivery depot in my area. Which is so silly it's funny; the closest depot is literally within line of sight from the nearest streetcorner.

Heh Crazy norwegians..!

courier companies... don't even get me started. pretty much every major site here in the UK uses either Yodel or City Link and they are terrible. I can't even remember the amount of times I have paid for next day delivery or saturday delivery and have waited in all day to receive nothing. My Corsair 600T and Noctua NHD14 were over 5 days late (paid £20 for next day delivery!) and it was only delivered because I phoned up both the courier and shop I purchased it from to complain.

I was hoping to buy a sound card and modular power supply so I can fit them on my day off on Tuesday but I pretty much know they won't arrive on time, which is really frustrating, so I think I'll hold off a little longer to get some better parts.

Workstation is done. What an endeavour that was.

update on the cable tiding under my desk.

not perfect but it's a GIANT improvement from my picture above. putting the power strip underneath the desk with velcro pads worked like a dream. just need some more cable ties to complete the bunch of cables you can see on the table leg as I ran out mid process. happy with it so far though, I can actually stretch out my legs.