1. #8381
    Ah, that explains it, I was trying to think why you guys would be saying that those IPS panels had the same colour range as a game-boy advanced :/
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  2. #8382
    Epic! Shuji V2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    台東区ー東京
    Posts
    1,668
    Motherboard : MSI 880GM-E41
    Processor : AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3000 MHz
    Physical Memory : 8192 KB (4 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM)
    Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (MSI R5770 Hawk)
    Power Supply: 750Watt Coolermaster GX750
    Primary Hard Disk : ADATA SP900 SSD @ 6Gbits p/s (128GB)
    Secondary Hard Disk : Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (2000GB)
    Screen: 40" Samsung LED-TV 5 series UE40EH5000 Full-HD max refresh rate 75Hz
    Windows Performance Index : 7.3 on 7.9

    What I'm currently runnig. Nothing fancy I suppose

  3. #8383
    Elemental Lord Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    8,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Motherboard : MSI 880GM-E41
    Processor : AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3000 MHz
    Physical Memory : 8192 KB (4 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM)
    Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (MSI R5770 Hawk)
    Power Supply: 750Watt Coolermaster GX750
    Primary Hard Disk : ADATA SP900 SSD @ 6Gbits p/s (128GB)
    Secondary Hard Disk : Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (2000GB)
    Screen: 40" Samsung LED-TV 5 series UE40EH5000 Full-HD max refresh rate 75Hz
    Windows Performance Index : 7.3 on 7.9

    What I'm currently runnig. Nothing fancy I suppose
    Can you upload some pictures? I especially wanna see how it's setup with such a big "monitor".
    CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4.7GHz MB: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1-Gaming 1519MHz Boost RAM: Corsair Pro 16GB 1866MHz
    SSD: Samsung 850-EVO 500GB PSU: Corsair RM550 CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Monitor: 1440p Dell U2515H 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

  4. #8384
    Epic! Shuji V2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    台東区ー東京
    Posts
    1,668
    I'm actually operating this beauty from my bed :P Perfect for watching movies, shows, playing games or browsing the web. Distance should be something like 1.5m/2m.

    Screen > http://i50.tinypic.com/2ln9rwk.jpg
    Sidewindow, lot's of blue fans > http://i50.tinypic.com/2m6miyf.jpg

    And yes I know it's messy.

    edit:
    This is the cooler on the CPU by the way: http://www.jaceycomputer.com/jaceywe...20typ%2090.jpg

  5. #8385
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I'm actually operating this beauty from my bed :P Perfect for watching movies, shows, playing games or browsing the web. Distance should be something like 1.5m/2m.

    Screen > http://i50.tinypic.com/2ln9rwk.jpg
    Sidewindow, lot's of blue fans > http://i50.tinypic.com/2m6miyf.jpg

    And yes I know it's messy.

    edit:
    This is the cooler on the CPU by the way: http://www.jaceycomputer.com/jaceywe...20typ%2090.jpg
    Damn that looks like you are running 720p or something.

  6. #8386
    Epic! Shuji V2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    台東区ー東京
    Posts
    1,668
    150% zoom on Google Chrome for easier reading ^^

  7. #8387
    Mechagnome Santoryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    644
    How come some of you use more than 1 graphics card?

  8. #8388
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    How come some of you use more than 1 graphics card?
    More performance?

  9. #8389
    Mechagnome Santoryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    More performance?
    I only asked because I've been able to play every game on the highest setting smoothly with just 1.

  10. #8390
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    I only asked because I've been able to play every game on the highest setting smoothly with just 1.
    Smooth isn't good enough for some people, also if you have more than one monitor, or use something like a 2560*1440 or 2560*1600 27 inch or higher screen one graphics card isn't enough to get high FPS at ultra settings.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  11. #8391
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Smooth isn't good enough for some people, also if you have more than one monitor, or use something like a 2560*1440 or 2560*1600 27 inch or higher screen one graphics card isn't enough to get high FPS at ultra settings.
    Varies. You certainly give up smooth when you get more GPUs though. (Read: Microstutter. Although people react to that in varied amounts. I couldn't stand a friend who ran CFX with 6850s...)

  12. #8392
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Varies. You certainly give up smooth when you get more GPUs though. (Read: Microstutter. Although people react to that in varied amounts. I couldn't stand a friend who ran CFX with 6850s...)
    Nvidia has improved the microstutter aspect a lot with the 600 series though.

  13. #8393
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Nvidia has improved the microstutter aspect a lot with the 600 series though.
    Both teams improved it a lot, but it's still present. The 690 tried a new thing, but that basically did nothing useful it seems.

  14. #8394
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    58
    When I got my TDRL (Medical Military stuff) money from the Marine corps I wanted instant gratification instead of waiting for a more powerful Gaming PC to be delivered. So I went to Best Buy and got the best thing I could find.

    HP Elite

    AMD Phenom II 1055T Six Core Processor
    8GB DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6570 upgraded to Nvidia Geforce GTX550ti
    1.5TB

    LG Flatron IPS236 23" LED Monitor (Main/Game monitor)
    Basic flat screen HP monitor 17" (Stream/Browser monitor)

    Razer Lycosa
    Razer Naga
    Crappy Trittons, the White ones with red logo and extremely sensetive mic. :P

  15. #8395
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Both teams improved it a lot, but it's still present. The 690 tried a new thing, but that basically did nothing useful it seems.
    http://techreport.com/articles.x/22890/5 Nvidia has a lot better frame times in some of the games according to that test.

    I've seen another report like that before but I can't seem to find it.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-08-11 at 04:37 PM.

  16. #8396
    Mechagnome Santoryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    644
    Thanks for the explanations. I really appreciate it :-)

  17. #8397
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragenerdz View Post
    When I got my TDRL (Medical Military stuff) money from the Marine corps I wanted instant gratification instead of waiting for a more powerful Gaming PC to be delivered. So I went to Best Buy and got the best thing I could find.

    HP Elite

    AMD Phenom II 1055T Six Core Processor
    8GB DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6570 upgraded to Nvidia Geforce GTX550ti
    1.5TB

    LG Flatron IPS236 23" LED Monitor (Main/Game monitor)
    Basic flat screen HP monitor 17" (Stream/Browser monitor)

    Razer Lycosa
    Razer Naga
    Crappy Trittons, the White ones with red logo and extremely sensetive mic. :P
    Well

    How much did you spend on that?

  18. #8398
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    http://techreport.com/articles.x/22890/5 Nvidia has a lot better frame times in some of the games according to that test.

    I've seen another report like that before but I can't seem to find it.
    Your link is... curious to say the least. I was going to comment that their choices in games were providing a pretty bias POV, but somehow they've wound up with HD 7970s actually crowning the performance in Battlefield 3. That is odd. I'm gonna have to read more into this particular test.

  19. #8399
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Your link is... curious to say the least. I was going to comment that their choices in games were providing a pretty bias POV, but somehow they've wound up with HD 7970s actually crowning the performance in Battlefield 3. That is odd. I'm gonna have to read more into this particular test.
    Probably has something to do with the fact that they run 3 times 1920x1200 screens.

  20. #8400
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Probably has something to do with the fact that they run 3 times 1920x1200 screens.
    Suddenly makes a lot more sense.

    Anyway... we got three six-packs of monsoon compression fittings today. Chrome version. They look good, I have to admit, and you have no idea how much easier they are to work with compared to the normal fittings I've used in the past...






    My brother isn't really into having a showy inside, so we never bothered with finding plugs that matched or anything. Though the more functional style this caused isn't too shabby looking. In the end, only two of the original compression fittings we used are left, mostly because that'd involve removing the rads in the bottom, which I couldn't be arsed to, and see no reason how they'd accomplish leaking under any circumstance.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •