1. #8401
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Your link is... curious to say the least. I was going to comment that their choices in games were providing a pretty bias POV, but somehow they've wound up with HD 7970s actually crowning the performance in Battlefield 3. That is odd. I'm gonna have to read more into this particular test.
    Probably has something to do with the fact that they run 3 times 1920x1200 screens.

  2. #8402
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Probably has something to do with the fact that they run 3 times 1920x1200 screens.
    Suddenly makes a lot more sense.

    Anyway... we got three six-packs of monsoon compression fittings today. Chrome version. They look good, I have to admit, and you have no idea how much easier they are to work with compared to the normal fittings I've used in the past...






    My brother isn't really into having a showy inside, so we never bothered with finding plugs that matched or anything. Though the more functional style this caused isn't too shabby looking. In the end, only two of the original compression fittings we used are left, mostly because that'd involve removing the rads in the bottom, which I couldn't be arsed to, and see no reason how they'd accomplish leaking under any circumstance.


  3. #8403
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,376
    Gah Drunken. Lovely!!!
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  4. #8404
    Here is my comp, not a great picture, but my phones camera is a piece of junk and I'm bad at taking Pictures.

    http://imgur.com/jtqk3

    Whats in it:


    Case: Coolermaster 690 v2 Advanced
    CPU: AMD FX-8150 (OC to 4.6 Ghz) Liquid Cooled ( Antec h20 620, its actually got another fan on the other side of the radiator, had to go get new screws after I took this picture)
    Mobo: ASRock Extreme3 990 FX
    RAM: 16 GB Mushkin 1600 ddr3
    Graphics Cards: 2x Sapphire HD 6950 (Flashed to 6970s)
    HD: 120 GB Mushkin SSD, 2x 1 TB Western Digitals
    Optical: Some Crappy 52x DVD PLayer

    and in terms of Peripherals
    Monitor: 2x HP 2509B 25" Widescreen monitors
    Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Headphones: Razer Cochatrice
    Speakers: Logitech 2.1 System (60 Bucks or someodd)

  5. #8405
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    I love big cases (thats why i got a Cosmos 2) and i doubt my watercooling system would fit in that case.


    I just wanted to add my PC into this discussion. That's a 2x120mm, 1x120mm, and a 200mm radiator. A total of 5x120mm fans and 2x200mm fans.

    Running a 3930k and a 7970.

    For more pictures go to http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...ader/Computer/
    Shamalaman
    The best stat for Ele is resto.
    I7 3930k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 680GTX Lightningx2 SLI | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz | Agility 3 128GB(OS) Samsung 840 500GB(Games) | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Nanoxia DS1 |

  6. #8406
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,047
    Excellent setup there Sweet, great to have another WC build in the mix

  7. #8407
    Looks pretty neat. Planning of perhaps doing something very similar with a 650D when I get to college, as I want a slightly smaller case than the Raven 01 in retrospect lol.
    As for my watercooling in the 600T, I just use a 360+240 rad (quick roof mod and front mod, lol)... It's almost terrifyingly easy, just requires patience. ouo;

  8. #8408
    High Overlord Shakatoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleader View Post
    <snip>

    I just wanted to add my PC into this discussion. That's a 2x120mm, 1x120mm, and a 200mm radiator. A total of 5x120mm fans and 2x200mm fans.

    Running a 3930k and a 7970.

    For more pictures go to http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...ader/Computer/
    What fan controller is that? I can't read the brand name from the pictures :/
    Been thinking of getting one myself as the fan controller on my Stryker affects all fans connected to it simoustaneously, and I would like to adjust them individually.
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

  9. #8409
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakatoss View Post
    What fan controller is that? I can't read the brand name from the pictures :/
    Been thinking of getting one myself as the fan controller on my Stryker affects all fans connected to it simoustaneously, and I would like to adjust them individually.
    It is a Scythe Kaze Master Pro

  10. #8410
    Here's mine. I built this coming up on 2 years ago so some of my parts are (somewhat) dated but it still handles everything I throw @ it w/ ease

    http://www.modsrigs.com/UploadImages...3_23058_01.jpg

    http://www.modsrigs.com/UploadImages...3_23058_02.jpg

    i7 - 980x @ 4.2
    GTX 470 SC x2
    EVGA E760 Motherboard
    Corsair HX 1000 PSU
    2x 360 Rads
    2x 80gb Intel SSD in Raid0
    1x 120gb OCZ Agility
    2x 500gb in Raid0
    1x 1TB
    Alot more I am to lazy to mention -.-

  11. #8411
    High Overlord Shakatoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Ah cool, thanks! I'll look into it myself
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

  12. #8412
    Quote Originally Posted by Rona1012 View Post
    Here's mine. I built this coming up on 2 years ago so some of my parts are (somewhat) dated but it still handles everything I throw @ it w/ ease

    http://www.modsrigs.com/UploadImages...3_23058_01.jpg

    http://www.modsrigs.com/UploadImages...3_23058_02.jpg

    i7 - 980x @ 4.2
    GTX 470 SC x2
    EVGA E760 Motherboard
    Corsair HX 1000 PSU
    2x 360 Rads
    2x 80gb Intel SSD in Raid0
    1x 120gb OCZ Agility
    2x 500gb in Raid0
    1x 1TB
    Alot more I am to lazy to mention -.-
    First thing that came to mind is don't make the hulk angry XD

  13. #8413
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    28
    Anyone here have a phantom NZXT case? I need to redo the cables on mine. And are modular power supine that much than non modular for cable management?

  14. #8414
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky1 View Post
    Anyone here have a phantom NZXT case? I need to redo the cables on mine. And are modular power supine that much than non modular for cable management?
    OCZ ZT is a completely modular powersupply series of pretty decent quality. Cheap too.

  15. #8415
    Fluffy Kitten Marest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky1 View Post
    Anyone here have a phantom NZXT case? I need to redo the cables on mine. And are modular power supine that much than non modular for cable management?
    I used to have one. However, I'd suggest you read the original (first) post of this thread, specifically point 3:

    • This thread is not intended as a "fast question - fast answer" thread; if you want to know what kind of computer + peripherals you can get with a given budget, ask in the "Computer Build / Upgrade Help" sub-forum. Creating a new thread there is greatly encouraged.

  16. #8416
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Looks pretty neat. Planning of perhaps doing something very similar with a 650D when I get to college, as I want a slightly smaller case than the Raven 01 in retrospect lol.
    As for my watercooling in the 600T, I just use a 360+240 rad (quick roof mod and front mod, lol)... It's almost terrifyingly easy, just requires patience. ouo;
    I thought about that route but I have all my 5.25" bays filled (Dual bay res, BD/DVD burner, Fan Controller).


    Quote Originally Posted by Shakatoss View Post
    Ah cool, thanks! I'll look into it myself
    I can't recommend buying this fan controller. The display doesn't work half the time. Either it will display nothing or it will display all zeros. The separate fan control lanes can only handle 1 fan at max speed. 2+ fans cause it to lose about 10-15% of the fans rated speed. Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 Pro will be my next buy.
    Shamalaman
    The best stat for Ele is resto.
    I7 3930k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 680GTX Lightningx2 SLI | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz | Agility 3 128GB(OS) Samsung 840 500GB(Games) | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Nanoxia DS1 |

  17. #8417
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,047
    I find all those LCD-based fan controllers a bit...well, delicate and gimmicky. Who knows what could happen if the LCD goes nuts.
    The the volume-knob style controllers make the most sense to me, they have a much better "feel" and you can change individual fan speeds without even looking at it, no fumbling with buttons/displays.

    Like the Lian-Li one:


    Temperature monitoring should be done from the desktop IMO, seems a bit silly to have to look at the front of your PC for temp readings.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-08-12 at 07:52 PM.

  18. #8418
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleader View Post
    I thought about that route but I have all my 5.25" bays filled (Dual bay res, BD/DVD burner, Fan Controller).
    Fan controller in bottom slot, and unless it's a really special one it'd sit in front of a 240 rad just fine. But that's me. I personally don't use a lick of 5.25" bay... Planning to maybe do so in the 650D.

  19. #8419
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I find all those LCD-based fan controllers a bit...well, delicate and gimmicky. Who knows what could happen if the LCD goes nuts.
    The the volume-knob style controllers make the most sense to me, they have a much better "feel" and you can change individual fan speeds without even looking at it, no fumbling with buttons/displays.

    Like the Lian-Li one:


    Temperature monitoring should be done from the desktop IMO, seems a bit silly to have to look at the front of your PC for temp readings.
    Well the Scythe Kaze has the knobs so it works regardless if the screen isn't working. The temp gauges on the controller monitor air and water temps. I monitor the hardware temps from the desktop.


    That's what I love about computers, everyone can customize it to however fits them the best.
    Shamalaman
    The best stat for Ele is resto.
    I7 3930k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 680GTX Lightningx2 SLI | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz | Agility 3 128GB(OS) Samsung 840 500GB(Games) | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Nanoxia DS1 |

  20. #8420
    Fluffy Kitten Marest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,232
    Up and running:






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •