1. #8481
    Epic! Endonyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    That chair, I want it!
    Where did you get it?
    I dont know where your from but if your from the Benelux then you can get it here: http://www.bureaustoel24.nl/bureaust...art.18346.html
    |Asus Rampage IV Formula|GeIL 16 GB DDR3-1600 Kit|Intel i7-3930K|EVGA GTX680 Hydro Copper|OCZ VTX4-512G x2|Corsair HX1050|Cosmos II|ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT|Astro A40|Logitech Z-5500|Custom Watercooling System|
    ~ Sta op voor de kampioen! 2013-2014 ~ Friend Code - 4785-6590-2958, Friend Safari "Ghost" - Pumpkaboo, Lampent, ???

  2. #8482
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    617
    Bit OT, but I decided to take some pics of my father's sound setup. No idea if it's any good, but I always thought the sound was awesome.

    2 of these:


    And then a closet filled with:


    Found headphones in there aswell: AKG K500. Apparently those are rare?
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

  3. #8483
    CPU: Ivy Bridge [email protected] + Noctua NH-D14
    MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z77
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB(4x4GB) 1600MHz CL9
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 OC version SCREEN: BenQ FP241W 24" (1920x1200)
    SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD1: Segate Baracuda 500GB HDD2: Segate Baracuda 1,5TB HDD3: Samsung F4EG 2TB
    MOUSE: Logitech MX518 KEYBOARD: Logitech Internet Navigator Black
    SPEAKERS: Creative Inspire 5.1 P5800 HEADSET: Creative Aurvana Live!
    CASE: Antec 1200 PSU: BeQuiet 680W
    NET: 120 download / 10 upload Mbit
    OTHER: PlayStation 3 + Panasonic TX-P50G20E

    http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3621/room001.jpg

    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2244/0005xf.jpg

    http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3007/0008rk.jpg

    http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3413/0009jr.jpg
    Last edited by Marest; 2012-08-15 at 04:44 PM.

  4. #8484
    I love how clean your setup looks (DAT Antec 1200 lights/sidepanel :Q___), plus your room seems cool aswell (I guess watching tv while playing isn't really an option )

    The more I see the noctua d14 the more I want to get one only for the look of it, but I have to fight the temptation! :P
    Last edited by AtaraxyDarkmoonFaire; 2012-08-15 at 04:49 PM.

  5. #8485
    Stood in the Fire Kyuuseishu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    367
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.6Ghz
    Cooler: Corsair H100 with 2 Noctua NF-F12's in Push configuration
    Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65
    Ram: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
    Graphics: Asus DirectCU II GTX 670
    Monitor: 2x Asus VS247H 24inch monitors
    Storage: 120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
    Keyboard/Mouse: Corsair K90 Keyboard + Razer Naga
    Speakers: Logitech Z323 2.1
    Case/PSU: Thermaltake Level10 GT Snow Edition + 650W Corsair TX650M Modular

    The cable tidying is a bit meh from the pictures, I need some extenders to do it properly but as of right now I have to make do with what ive got ^^

    http://i.imgur.com/7Le9l.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/28kYM.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/xgWSk.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/cMaps.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/b5KjU.jpg

  6. #8486
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    And sadly there's no 120Hz IPS monitors; IPS technology is argued to be too slow.
    Mitsubishi makes one, it's $1800 and only available in japan

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  7. #8487
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Mitsubishi makes one, it's $1800 and only available in japan
    http://www.lg.com/au/it-monitors/lg-D2743P-3d-monitor this one was supposed to be 120Hz as well but I can't find any info if that is how it turned out to be or if it is using some other technique than 120Hz for 3D.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  8. #8488
    The Lightbringer CheezusCrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nuuk, Greenland
    Posts
    3,317


    Third monitor finally arrived, motherboard's RAM slots on main rig still faulty so I had to scrap together things from here and there.

    Pentium G850
    ASUS GTX 670
    Asrock H61M-HVS
    2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600hz RAM
    128GB SSD
    1.5TB HDD
    Antec Earthwatts 550w 80+ Platinum
    Fractal Design Arc Mini

    Monitors:
    2x ASUS VH242 IIRC
    1x ASUS PA238



    Laptop:
    Clevo P-150 OEM
    Core i7-3610M
    GTX 670M
    750GB SSHD (Soon installing 60GB SSD)
    Power brick with the size of a can of Cola
    Last edited by CheezusCrust; 2012-08-15 at 07:12 PM.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | AMD R9 280x | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ BeyerDynamic DT 990

  9. #8489
    Field Marshal Bigmits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suffolk,England
    Posts
    91
    CPU: AMD FX-4170
    Cooler: stock, soon to buy a H100
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 PRO
    Ram: 12GB Corsair (cant remember what ones)
    Graphics:Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X
    Monitor: AOC 24" led monitor and acer 18" LCD monitor
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATA & 600GB SATA cant remember brand
    Keyboard/Mouse: Razer Anansi/Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse
    Speakers: None. i use my Astro A40 headphones
    Case/PSU: Antec eleven hundred/Corsair 750W HX Modular PSU

    http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC01067.jpg
    http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC01066.jpg
    http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC01065.jpg
    http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC01063.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Wait... There are black people in China? You learn something new everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Kids are the worst STD you can catch.

  10. #8490
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Third monitor finally arrived, motherboard's RAM slots on main rig still faulty so I had to scrap together things from here and there.

    Pentium G850
    ASUS GTX 670
    Asrock H61M-HVS
    2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600hz RAM
    128GB SSD
    1.5TB HDD
    Antec Earthwatts 550w 80+ Platinum
    Fractal Design Arc Mini
    You are really making me want to get 2 more monitors wow that looks nice :/

    I'm wondering though really, is the performance impact to fps big if the 670 has to drive another schreen just for browsing/youtube and stuff?
    Right now i can play any game but Crysis at 100-120fps with a single 670 (EVGA FTW). And i would like to stay above the 80 at the very least.
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2012-08-16 at 07:51 AM.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  11. #8491
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    CPU: AMD FX-4170
    Cooler: stock, soon to buy a H100
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 PRO
    Ram: 12GB Corsair (cant remember what ones)
    Graphics:Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X
    Monitor: AOC 24" led monitor and acer 18" LCD monitor
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATA & 600GB SATA cant remember brand
    Keyboard/Mouse: Razer Anansi/Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse
    Speakers: None. i use my Astro A40 headphones
    Case/PSU: Antec eleven hundred/Corsair 750W HX Modular PSU

    http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC01067.jpg
    http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC01066.jpg
    http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC01065.jpg
    http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSC01063.jpg
    How come you got a $100+ mouse and keyboard, $200+ headset, $400 GPU and then a $120 CPU?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  12. #8492
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,032
    And he's about to spend $110 on an H100 to cool his $120 CPU o_O

    Well since he already went with FX4170 there's not much he can do : /

  13. #8493
    The Lightbringer CheezusCrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nuuk, Greenland
    Posts
    3,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    You are really making me want to get 2 more monitors wow that looks nice :/

    I'm wondering though really, is the performance impact to fps big if the 670 has to drive another schreen just for browsing/youtube and stuff?
    Right now i can play any game but Crysis at 100-120fps with a single 670 (EVGA FTW). And i would like to stay above the 80 at the very least.
    There's no performance impact when you get a 2nd/3rd screen. Only if you do the Nvidia surround thing & game on 57xx x 1080 resolutions
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | AMD R9 280x | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ BeyerDynamic DT 990

  14. #8494
    I've noticed some people have some pretty sweet looking sleeved cables in their cases, so would something like the Bitfenix Alchemy sets (http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/pr...lchemy-cables/) be compatible with most modular PSUs? I'm kinda lazy to do it myself.

  15. #8495
    The Lightbringer CheezusCrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nuuk, Greenland
    Posts
    3,317
    They're only extenders, they can't replace the cables.

    But we're drifting offtopic now, if you want to talk about this then go to the Computer Chat thread.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | AMD R9 280x | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ BeyerDynamic DT 990

  16. #8496
    Bloodsail Admiral FearXI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,042
    Here's mine still a work in progress but nearing completion.

    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 32GB 2133 MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SLI CASE: NZXT SWITCH 810
    PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 COOLING: Water Cooling
    Firearms: Glock 19 Generation 4

  17. #8497
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    There's no performance impact when you get a 2nd/3rd screen. Only if you do the Nvidia surround thing & game on 57xx x 1080 resolutions
    I need to get another mon then :O

    Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    Here's mine still a work in progress but nearing completion.
    My god what are you running that 3930k on? i bet it can do 6GHz like it's nothing with cooling like that :X
    Last edited by Holo; 2012-08-16 at 10:04 AM.

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  18. #8498
    Bloodsail Admiral FearXI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    My god what are you running that 3930k on? i bet it can do 6GHz like it's nothing with cooling like that :X
    Buying BF3 and other games to run on this thing.
    I also got 3 IPS monitors that I'll be running as one.
    Last edited by FearXI; 2012-08-16 at 10:07 AM.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 32GB 2133 MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SLI CASE: NZXT SWITCH 810
    PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 COOLING: Water Cooling
    Firearms: Glock 19 Generation 4

  19. #8499
    Legendary! Holo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    Buying BF3 and other games to run on this thing.
    I also got 3 IPS monitors that I'll be running as one.
    That'll be fine with 2 680's. BF3 isn't very CPU intensive though

    i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

  20. #8500
    Bloodsail Admiral FearXI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    That'll be fine with 2 680's. BF3 isn't very CPU intensive though
    Forgot to add I'll be folding.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 32GB 2133 MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SLI CASE: NZXT SWITCH 810
    PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 COOLING: Water Cooling
    Firearms: Glock 19 Generation 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •