Quote Originally Posted by winx View Post
    Hey folks, here's my little corner of the world.. Built my new pc a few days ago so thought i'd share it with you + my setup.
    Nice build and awesome pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Walking is for the weak!
    Exactly, it makes them stronger and healthier.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    My MX518 recently died, replaced it with it's brother, the G400. Here's to another 7 years, Logitech!
    How the hell did you kill a mx518, i've had mine like 4 years now and it's almost as good as it was out the box.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    How the hell did you kill a mx518, i've had mine like 4 years now and it's almost as good as it was out the box.
    He's had it for 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    He's had it for 7 years.
    I don't think you quiet understand how durable the mx518 is. I treat mine like crap and it hasn't even got a scratch on it. Only the Logitech badge has worn.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

Yeah, I used my first revision 518 (got it at some point in 2005) up until a few months ago until the scroll wheel became a little too floaty for my liking.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - JBL S300A - FiiO E10 - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I don't think you quiet understand how durable the mx518 is. I treat mine like crap and it hasn't even got a scratch on it. Only the Logitech badge has worn.
    I understand, I've had mine for a while and it's working fine.

But statistically speaking you're not going to see 100% of MX518's be immune to breaking lol. Eventually something has to give way after enough years of use (whether it be less responsive clicking or scroll wheel losing it's traction).

It's a durable mouse going by the law of averages, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    dude....get up and walk around every once in a while
    lol yeah seriously.

I used to take short minimal breaks during gaming, now I try to take longer ones and only use the headphones if I must, speakers are dominant, but still, for one's own health, taking numerous breaks will just make you feel better. Get up, talk to people, go outside, pet a dog, cook some food, brew some coffee, just something, the weight will suddenly disappear. :P

I couldn't find my camera and this was the best iPhone pic I could take. I think it looks beast

Twitch video

If you go to around 40mins in, you can see a raid with full ultra with my computer(with vsync). Let me know if you want any more iPhone pics XD.
    Last edited by Dropndestroyrr; 2012-09-13 at 05:43 AM.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    dude....get up and walk around every once in a while
    I am running/exercising 1½ hours a day atleast. :P

Meanwhile I don't understand how a Logitech mouse lasts 7 years when every Logitech mouse I've owned died within 16 months. -_-
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

Meanwhile I don't understand how a Logitech mouse lasts 7 years when every Logitech mouse I've owned died within 16 months. -_-
    I had an MX518...lasted me for YEARS. I had to give it up because it was getting a bit crusty, similar to the pic above.

There are two kinds of Logitech mice. First there is the sturdy MX518 that represents everything that is right with logitech's mouse making department (). And then we have every other mouse ever made, whos name elude me because they are not particularly noteworthy.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    There are two kinds of Logitech mice. First there is the sturdy MX518 that represents everything that is right with logitech's mouse making department (). And then we have every other mouse ever made, whos name elude me because they are not particularly noteworthy.
    My logitech G7 is also lasting 7 years, just saying :P Altho sometimes my scroll wheel acts up -.- which seems totally random

Alright guys and gals, we're starting to drift off-topic, if you want to discuss the tank of a mouse that was the MX518, take it to the chat thread!

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    [
    perfect disguise for my ux32vd arrived
    looks on people's faces are priceless when they find out im playing sc2 during breaks

Tiny bit of update as to where my rig's going. ouo

Dammit drunkenvalley, get this thing built and put us out of our misery :P
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

I kind of can and kind of can't. Waiting for some stuff from mdpc-x.com, mostly for screwing the rads into place in the case.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 05:00 PM ----------

Oh, and here's a small fun image.

Is it mounted on something or just standing on the fittings? :P

It's got grips holding it to the case, but I don't especially trust their grip as far as vertical movement go. So it's "sitting" on the fittings, which directly connect to the pump within the box at the bottom.