10+ Year Old Account
    I just installed MSI Afterburner just to take a look. Only to find out my EVGA GTX 670 is running at 1200MHz core clock when a game is running. But the specifications read 1084MHz Boost Clock..

I have done absolutely nothing about it's settings after installing it 3 months ago, what the actual fuck?

PITA to sleeve the USB 3.0 header lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    PITA to sleeve the USB 3.0 header lol.
    omg cheater.

Looks alright, but you could always bulk up the sleeve before the plug with some smaller shrink, then use the larger shrink over both.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Reasons I call it PITA:
    - Heatshrink would hardly go over the darn thing without... "help"; took 10 full minutes! -.-
    - Heatshrink wouldn't hold onto the connector. It slipped. That's why I used cable ties.
    - Couldn't get the heatshrink all the way back up. Added second cable tie in the obvious gap.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-11-03 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I took the guts from my old PC and rebuilt and re-purposed it as a hidden HTPC.

Not really hidden, but sorta.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it took it's sweet damn time to ship, but it has arrived.

A lot smaller than I initially thought, but isn't it CUTE?

*tries to pull pro photography with $40 camera*

Yes, those red/white cables at the back are $700 RCA cables refined with 105% quantum-entangled silver for unmatched signal quality, the USB cable also cost a hefty $300 but the sales guy told me it's the best USB cable in the world:
    (inside joke)

The DAC was the final piece of our modest HTPC + audio setup, hopefully to last a long time to come ^_^

Overall sound is beaut-i-ful, the DAC is superb and improved audio quality by a TON compared to the laptop's onboard sound! Sounds nearly as good as a Xonar STX.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-11-04 at 03:36 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well it took it's sweet damn time to ship, but it has arrived.

A lot smaller than I initially thought, but isn't it CUTE?

*tries to pull pro photography with $40 camera*

Yes, those red/white cables at the back are $700 RCA cables refined with 105% quantum-entangled silver for unmatched signal quality, the USB cable also cost a hefty $300 but the sales guy told me it's the best USB cable in the world:
    (inside joke)

The DAC was the final piece of our modest HTPC + audio setup, hopefully to last a long time to come ^_^

Overall sound is beaut-i-ful, the DAC is superb and improved audio quality by a TON compared to the laptop's onboard sound! Sounds nearly as good as a Xonar STX.

Looks sweet, I'm jelly

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Technically not a gaming setup (although, with a Xbox 360 controller it totally is), but this thread has fallen behind so I'll post anyway in an attempt to resurrect it.

Plan is to shorten the cables to make the cable-mess less cluttered. (For those who can't see, pictured is a Google Nexus 7, a cheap slim USB keyboard, a Logitech M125 and an old 4-port USB hub.)
    Probably going to be picking up the Nexus 7 today, found a local store that actually got them in stock.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...6/DSC00933.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz
    GPU: MSI radeon HD 7770
    Mobo: ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
    PSU: Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus RS500-PCARD3-US 500W
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x4GB, Adata 2x2gb. 12gb total
    Cpu Cooler: coolermaster Hyper TX3 RR-910-HTX3-G1
    HDD: Hitachi 1tb 7200RPM
    SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60gb
    Case: NZXT GAMMA Classic
    Mouse: Steel series Cataclysm gaming mouse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondey View Post
    Brand new system parts just arrived today.

CPU: i5 3470 @ 3.2 Ghz
    Motherboard: MSI Z77A - G45
    Power Supply: TT 600W TR2 Bronze TR - 600P
    Case: Cooler Master CM storm scout 2 black
    Graphics: MSI Twin Frozor IV GTX 660Ti Power Edition OC 2GB
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance low profile 8GB kit (2x 4GB)
    SSD: Intel 520 120GB
    HDD: Seagate 1 TB
    Nice I like the parts you have in le PC. MSI <3
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-11-05 at 11:59 AM.

Oww, my fingers. Took some time to sleeve the SLI bridge.

Personally i would not sleeve the sli bridge as i think it look best naked. The flexible bridges looks awesome.
    Also, first time posting on mmo-champion with a smartphone. Not as hard as i thought it would be.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Personally i would not sleeve the sli bridge as i think it look best naked. The flexible bridges looks awesome.
    Also, first time posting on mmo-champion with a smartphone. Not as hard as i thought it would be.
    The ones I have are a bright orange. This is wildly incompatible with the theme I'm planning lol. That said, I spent some more time on it to try and clean some things, so I snapped another picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I just installed MSI Afterburner just to take a look. Only to find out my EVGA GTX 670 is running at 1200MHz core clock when a game is running. But the specifications read 1084MHz Boost Clock..

I have done absolutely nothing about it's settings after installing it 3 months ago, what the actual fuck?
    Thats normal, the boostclock is the minimum boost. After that, the cards just goes on untill it hits it max temp i think. Prob stops somewhere around 70-80 degrees i think.

So basicly, when dust settles in, the max boostclock will be lower. Or thats what i think it was.

Ah. That's true. Nevermind me then. ouo;
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Thats normal, the boostclock is the minimum boost. After that, the cards just goes on untill it hits it max temp i think. Prob stops somewhere around 70-80 degrees i think.

So basicly, when dust settles in, the max boostclock will be lower. Or thats what i think it was.
    Thats not how Kepler works, I sent Holo a private message going over it all a couple of days ago so its a closed subject ^^

PC que acabei de montar, tá faltando o SSD que ainda não chegou pelos correios, mas já deu pra ligar tudo e testar pelo menos:
    Rig I just finished building for my brother. It's missing the Crucial M4 which hasn't arrived yet, but I decided to just get everything set up, and test the pieces. Everything is fine, so I just gotta wait for the SSD to arrive and install Windows =].
    Not a gaming build, so no GPU, sadly =[
    i5 3450
    ASRock H77M
    4Gb GSkill 1333 DDR3
    1 TB Hitachi
    64GB Crucial M4
    Asus Xonar DG
    Antec HCG 520 (totally overkill, I know, but the price difference from other good brand, but lower wattage ones, was minimal, so I decided to stick with it anyway, just in case he decides to start gaming or w/e =p)
    Corsair 300R

I find the orientation on that powersupply's sticker to be odd...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he's obviously trying to say DOWN WITH ANTEC!!! ;p

btw Drunken, awesome sleeving up above!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Thanks! I spent freaking hours trying to make it as clean as I could, but in the end I think I'll need some sharpie and stuff to color a few spots black lol. Trying to melt two endpieces of sleeve together so they look good and stay on the bridge was a long road, and not without imperfections. :E

There are two layers of sleeve, since one layer showed the orange color of the bridge really badly through the gaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's with PSU companies not goddamn realizing that tons of cases today have a nice dedicated bottom intake for the PSU, of course people will face their PSU "upside down" to make use of that nice dust-filtered intake :S

I mean look at this, what the hell do you call this:

Who in their right mind would have their PSU intake facing the inside of the case, especially a 1200i? ARGH
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-11-10 at 11:48 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's with PSU companies not goddamn realizing that tons of cases today have a nice dedicated bottom intake for the PSU, of course people will face their PSU "upside down" to make use of that nice dust-filtered intake :S

I mean look at this, what the hell do you call this:

<snip>

Who in their right mind would have their PSU intake facing the inside of the case, especially a 1200i?
    I personally do it because I prefer seeing the fan-side rather than a side with a big ugly sticker.

And yes, a certain someone here, has already hounded me about it saying "IT'S UPSIDE DOWN NO YOU'RE WRONG IT IS UPSIDE DOWN!!!"

Even though the screw holes are there to allow you to choose either. -.-
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water