Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It seems to be the textbook-style SLI/Xfire setup where you have a whole bunch of reference cards stuck right up against each other. But while it looks awesome, I've always wondered how those cards BREATHE...especially in tri/quad setups. And I keep seeing them everywhere too! Especially in those super-folding rigs :S

When I see stuff like this, I can't imagine why people that can afford that type of set up don't run water cooling through the whole system. I'd imagine 3 cards right up against each other would also cause them to be loud as they try to push the air harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    When I see stuff like this, I can't imagine why people that can afford that type of set up don't run water cooling through the whole system. I'd imagine 3 cards right up against each other would also cause them to be loud as they try to push the air harder.
    perhaps they cant afford it, or perhaps they dont want to watercool,

Ordered all the parts for my new computer last week and it should be up and running by tommorow night and I'm super ecited for it! I wasn't swinging for the ultimate PC or anything as I'm on a student budget, but I'm pretty happy with how it ended up.

Case: Coolermaster Elite 335U w/ 500W power supply (great $70 combined deal)
    i5 3570K 3.4G
    2x 4GB PC3-10600 1333MHz
    Radeon HD 7850 PCIE DDR5 DD (This wasn't so easy to track down in Canada apparantly haha)
    Kingston 120GB SSD
    WD 1TB 3.5" Caviar
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Monitor: VIEWSONIC 22IN WS LED 1920X1080 1000:1 VA2248M-LED VGA DVI-D 5MS (Built-in speakers for when/if I wanna take it elsewhere)

So excited considering I'm coming to you currently from a 4 year old laptop Q_Q.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Buying waterblocks for all those and getting the tubing/fittings/etc leak-proof is a LOT of time-consuming work, not to mention very expensive - talking total $300+ just for the GPU blocks, another $80-150 for CPU block, $80-150 for pump/res/fittings/tubing, $100-200 for rads...it adds up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo View Post
    Ordered all the parts for my new computer last week and it should be up and running by tommorow night and I'm super ecited for it! I wasn't swinging for the ultimate PC or anything as I'm on a student budget, but I'm pretty happy with how it ended up.

Case: Coolermaster Elite 335U w/ 500W power supply (great $70 combined deal)
    i5 3570K 3.4G
    2x 4GB PC3-10600 1333MHz
    Radeon HD 7850 PCIE DDR5 DD (This wasn't so easy to track down in Canada apparantly haha)
    Kingston 120GB SSD
    WD 1TB 3.5" Caviar
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Monitor: VIEWSONIC 22IN WS LED 1920X1080 1000:1 VA2248M-LED VGA DVI-D 5MS (Built-in speakers for when/if I wanna take it elsewhere)

So excited considering I'm coming to you currently from a 4 year old laptop Q_Q.
    Always great to see someone making a huge leap in performance onto your own assembled rig, wish you luck all your parts arrive safely and the building goes well
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying waterblocks for all those and getting the tubing/fittings/etc leak-proof is a LOT of time-consuming work, not to mention very expensive - talking total $300+ just for the GPU blocks, another $80-150 for CPU block, $80-150 for pump/res/fittings/tubing, $100-200 for rads...it adds up quickly.
    not to mention getting a case that is appropriate for watercooling, finding specific fans to match your radiators for optimum performance

i think when i upgraded my last build to the koolance bay res/dual pump combo it was a $500 upgrade

and then there is the maintenance.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I spy with my little eye a Raven 02. How's the case treating you mate? The system looks pretty good from where I can see it. :3

Though I'd be a bit wary of those GTX 670s being so neighborly on one another.
    RV02 is getting replaced soon by a Fractal R4, which is on its way in the mail. Those are GTX 570's. And they have been like that for long time. I don't know why people thinks its going to hurt the cards? As of right now 1# GPU is at 50 degrees, and 2# GPU is at 28 degrees, they are both overclocked on 1.63 volts/850mhz core clock. They both never reach over 85 degrees which is perfectly fine. There's no other way to put the cards so there's more space, its a P6X58D-E motherboard, with a I7 930 at 4.0ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

1.63 volt on the GTX 570? I'm hoping you mean 1.063.

Also, one of the reasons that reference cards are recommended for SLI and Crossfire, is that they will have an easier time to get fresh air compared to most aftermarket solutions whom just whip the air around and they'd thus be cannibalising on the hot air instead of exhausting it in the back; Even with good air flow, that still happens.
    The top air will be slightly more forced no matter how you set it up in air cooling; it also is the one where you plug the monitor(s) into, adding heat.

Either way, great to still see pictures of LGA1366

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    1.63 volt on the GTX 570? I'm hoping you mean 1.063.

Also, one of the reasons that reference cards are recommended for SLI and Crossfire, is that they will have an easier time to get fresh air compared to most aftermarket solutions whom just whip the air around and they'd thus be cannibalising on the hot air instead of exhausting it in the back; Even with good air flow, that still happens.
    The top air will be slightly more forced no matter how you set it up in air cooling; it also is the one where you plug the monitor(s) into, adding heat.

Either way, great to still see pictures of LGA1366
    Yes 1.063. Exactly the reason why I got the reference cards, because all the air from the bottom fans goes right through them out the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to be the textbook-style SLI/Xfire setup where you have a whole bunch of reference cards stuck right up against each other. But while it looks awesome, I've always wondered how those cards BREATHE...especially in tri/quad setups. And I keep seeing them everywhere too! Especially in those super-folding rigs :S

[IMG]http://www.pcgameshardware.com/screenshots/418x627/2008/11/X58_3-Way-SLI.jpg[IMG]
    There is absolutely no way in hell that those card's can run at appropriate temperatures while under load.

Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    Etc
    Sorry, miswrote. Totally meant 570.

I think you misunderstand. It doesn't hurt the cards (unless it's overheating), but I was wondering what sort of temperatures you were getting out of it. 50/28 degrees though? That sounds interesting. How is it under load?

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    There is absolutely no way in hell that those card's can run at appropriate temperatures while under load.
    90c top card in BF3 for SLI 580's, I don't see the concern here? Appropriate for a gpu is higher than you know.

Deleted
    Monitor - Samsung 46" LED-TV UE46EH5005
    Mouse - Razer Naga
    Keyboard - Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 v1.0
    Speakers - Creative Inspire T3130
    Headset - Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Alpha
    Console - Xbox 360 250GB

Case - Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
    Power Supply - Corsair 750W 80PLUS Bronze
    Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Evo
    CPU - Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GHZ (OCed to 4.4 atm)
    CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D14
    GPU - Asus GeForce GTX 580 DirectCU II (OCed)
    RAM - Kingston HyperX 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
    HDD - Western Digital 1TB

PC costed 1750 € when I built it 17 months ago.

Last edited by mmoc0e128285d8; 2012-11-14 at 07:29 PM.

Nice setup, except for that monitor... ugh the pixels.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Nice setup, except for that monitor... ugh the pixels.
    It's not that bad, just looks bad cos of the sucky phone camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele View Post
    It's not that bad, just looks bad cos of the sucky phone camera.
    Regardless of camera quality, 1080p on 42" will be pixelated, there's really no way to avoid it - you've got a limited number of pixels to fill up a huge area so the pixels have to be "stretched".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Regardless of camera quality, 1080p on 42" will be pixelated, there's really no way to avoid it - you've got a limited number of pixels to fill up a huge area so the pixels have to be "stretched".
    Sadly yea. :S

I'll still enjoy my downloaded bluray movies.

+ I have 24" for few laptops, so I can always change to that if I get too annoyed.
    Last edited by mmoc0e128285d8; 2012-11-14 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the pixels that would worry me on a screen that huge while sitting so close...it's the fact that I'd probably have to swivel my whole head to see stuff coming from the sides if I was playing a first person shooter o_O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    It's not the pixels that would worry me on a screen that huge while sitting so close...it's the fact that I'd probably have to swivel my whole head to see stuff coming from the sides if I was playing a first person shooter o_O
    Doesn't that make the gameplay more realistic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    90c top card in BF3 for SLI 580's, I don't see the concern here? Appropriate for a gpu is higher than you know.
    Operating at that temperature under normal conditions is kind of too much for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Operating at that temperature under normal conditions is kind of too much for my liking.
    Thats the equivalent of not driving above 35 cuz its too scary. 80c is np to reach as is on high end cards in high end games.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele View Post
    Doesn't that make the gameplay more realistic?
    No any training with a firearm will teach right off the bat power stance, you do not turn head away from target and continually move as a solid, this way your reaction time is smaller. Along w/ safety training.