10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I am thinking of getting a Corsair H100i to replace my H80. I am curious as to know whether the fans are better then the current fans I have installed in terms of volume and air flow. The H80 is a solid cooler and my temperatures are great even on a full load, though I am running my 2600k at stock clock speeds, 28 degrees on load isn't bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The fans are better and quieter. Not quite as good as the SP-series of Corsair, they're slightly cheapened.
    I wouldn't worry about changing yours.
    While we're on this subject I would just like to warn everyone to AVOID buying H100i until Corsair have released a fix for the totally-screwed voltage regulation on the fan controller. CorsairGeorge and RAMGuy (Corsair reps) have claimed that it can and will be fixed in an upcoming firmware update. I don't know how the hell a firmware update can fix hardware issues, but they said they can fix it so *shrug*.
    No update from Corsair yet, but me (and a million others) are keeping a close eye on it. Ta-ta.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    While we're on this subject I would just like to warn everyone to AVOID buying H100i until Corsair have released a fix for the totally-screwed voltage regulation on the fan controller. CorsairGeorge and RAMGuy (Corsair reps) have claimed that it can and will be fixed in an upcoming firmware update. I don't know how the hell a firmware update can fix hardware issues, but they said they can fix it so *shrug*.
    No update from Corsair yet, but me (and a million others) are keeping a close eye on it. Ta-ta.
    You make it sound like they put faulty hardware in the item, they are saying they didnt. Clearly a firmware update could would and will fix this, similar to how a driver update can fix voltage regulation on a GPU.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    You make it sound like they put faulty hardware in the item, they are saying they didnt. Clearly a firmware update could would and will fix this, similar to how a driver update can fix voltage regulation on a GPU.
    Unfortunately only a very small portion of the overall group of computer builders are "nerdy enough" to update firmware and all of that. The rest will say "it's good enough how it is, it's not breaking on me.. so....."

=/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Unfortunately only a very small portion of the overall group of computer builders are "nerdy enough" to update firmware and all of that. The rest will say "it's good enough how it is, it's not breaking on me.. so....."

=/
    well no need to fix something that isn't broken? (actually updated bios of my gpu lately not sure if worthwhile because OC is way lower now)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    well no need to fix something that isn't broken? (actually updated bios of my gpu lately not sure if worthwhile because OC is way lower now)
    They will think it isn't broken when technically it more or less is. "But oh it still works so obviously it isn't THAT broken." Blah.
    "A flower.

=/
    True but that means the new stock will be shipped updated, similar to the 6month M4 firmware that bricked u in 6months of usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    True but that means the new stock will be shipped updated, similar to the 6month M4 firmware that bricked u in 6months of usage.
    More like 7 months - and I was happy how fast Crucial jumped on that with a fix. That sealed the deal for me, I was like, my next SSD shall be another Crucial. My Crucial m4 128GB is going smooth as all hell, and I bet yours is too.
    "A flower.

More like 7 months - and I was happy how fast Crucial jumped on that with a fix. That sealed the deal for me, I was like, my next SSD shall be another Crucial. My Crucial m4 128GB is going smooth as all hell, and I bet yours is too.
    Yea scared myself royally not to long ago tho, was toying w/ some settings, checking XMP and bringing my clocks down to 4.0 because I had to remove my snipers(1 died) for some gigantic corsair vengeance 1600's, anyways long story short I enabled my 2nd profile to save the settings and ended up restoring defaults, NO O.S. located on drive...I WAS LIKE MOTHAEFFA then I noticed my sata 3 boot splash wasnt popping and it clicked in.

Deleted
    I think I am going for an SSD.

Hear they make life 10x easier.

Screw dual monitor...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I think I am going for an SSD.

Hear they make life 10x easier.

Screw dual monitor...
    Not sure if serious.... >_>

Either way, they DO make life much better.

Dual monitor + SSD = yay
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Not sure if serious.... >_>

Either way, they DO make life much better.

Dual monitor + SSD = yay
    indeed :P but if just gaming the ssd is better imo

Deleted
    Yeah but the dual monitor barely will fit on my desk I think. Have to place it in a corner and look at the corner. I have a 24 inch already. Wait....I will show you.

http://imgur.com/3hclW

See? my monitor, my keyboard, a external WD HDD which is like 4 years old.

I can move the stack of games, make some room. But not sure if it would work out well with a second monitor.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-11-23 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    can place them in an angle like i did (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r#post17892550)
    just measure up how much space you got total (a desk +-75 cm in width from edges of both screen stands should fit)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been thinking of swapping out my 120hz 24" asus monitor for one of the korean ips 1440 27" monitors.

Anyone know if it's a good idea or should i just stick with my vg236h?

Also will update with pics as my rads and wc loop packages come in today / early next week. Can't wait to finally have this thing under water.

Deleted
    can place them in an angle like i did (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r#post17892550)
    just measure up how much space you got total (a desk +-75 cm in width from edges of both screen stands should fit)
    Sadly my desk isn't that big. :P I would really have to stuff it in the corner.

of course I would get an 18 inch one.

I just tested it...

I think it can be done but barely.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-11-23 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Sadly my desk isn't that big. :P I would really have to stuff it in the corner.
    what's the width on your desk then? (talking about it that you would have +- 1/3 of each monitor go beyond desk dimensions on each side)

Deleted
    what's the width on your desk then? (talking about it that you would have +- 1/3 of each monitor go beyond desk dimensions on each side)
    Just measured....80cm.

But I will have to do it later. AC3 comes first and have bills to pay. :P

Deleted
    Just measured....80cm.
    how won't that fit then?

Deleted
    how won't that fit then?
    Idk, one side is against a wall?