Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Well, a single 7970 is hardly enough for 120Hz, multi-monitor setups or even 1440p given that you want to absolutely max out all current games. A modded Skyrim, Far Cry 3, or even Battlefield 3 can push a 7970 stock to it's limits.
    I play on one monitor, i HATE multi monitor setups, until the day they bring out screens with NO edges whatsoever (not even a 1mm edge) I prefer having my one, nice big screen. Its 60Hz and 1080p I don't need to overclock a 7970. I'm not gonna upgrade the monitor to get higher resolutions either, I struggle reading some text at 1080 :/

WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE GET THIS MUCH MONEY!? My computer now is worse than the computers that were posted two years ago at the start of the thread.

I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 530 with two extra GB of RAM (4 total) and a Radeon 6670. Epic Core 2 quad 2.4gHz, 32-bit windows 7 and 1TB HDD.

I get a smooth 25FPS in SC2 under medium settings and light load with nothing else running (I can't even have Chrome open in the background). I will include my paypal so that the rich people in this forum can donate to my non-poor rig

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Edit: wrong thread.
    Incidentally, you can actually flat out delete your post, just so you know.

CPU: I5-3570k
    Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2 x 8gb)1600 Mhz CL9 (Just ordered these, arriving here thurs/fri)
    HDD: 1tb, not sure of the specs...stole it from my previous computer that was prebuilt
    SSD: 120gb OCZ Vertex 3
    GPU: Radeon HD 6780
    PSU: 575W DiabloTek
    Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R
    Cooling: Typical low end decent aftermarket CPU cooler
    Monitor: Some Hanspree I've had for a few years now, couldn't even tell you the size

Possible future plans involve replacing the CPU cooler with a Corsair H60 or H80, upgrading to a nicer 24" monitor, and purchasing an Asus Xonar D1 or DX sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortai2 View Post
    WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE GET THIS MUCH MONEY!? My computer now is worse than the computers that were posted two years ago at the start of the thread.

I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 530 with two extra GB of RAM (4 total) and a Radeon 6670. Epic Core 2 quad 2.4gHz, 32-bit windows 7 and 1TB HDD.

I get a smooth 25FPS in SC2 under medium settings and light load with nothing else running (I can't even have Chrome open in the background). I will include my paypal so that the rich people in this forum can donate to my non-poor rig
    dont have kids

i7-6700K | Z170 Class. K | 16GB DDR4-3200 | GTX-980ti | Samsung 950 Pro RAID0 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | Lian Li PC-07S
    ROG Swift PG348Q | Ducky DSX | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Incidentally, you can actually flat out delete your post, just so you know.
    Well, that's a new, Thanks.
    System Specs -
    CPU - i5 2500k @ 5ghz | CPU Cooler - RASA RX240 | Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3| GPU - Nvidia GTX 590|
    SSD - Crucial M4 128GB | RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Case - CoolerMaster HAF 922
    | Monitor - Crossover 27Q (2560x1440) | Sidewinder X4 Keyboard |

65+ hours/week at a banking firm where Ivy league grads burn out after a few months
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

I bust my ass at work and so does my wife to be able to afford some of the luxories in life. We don't blow our money on alcohol or useless stuff that we have no use for.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/Starter69_photos/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3674.jpg
    http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...s/IMG_1239.jpg
    Erm, you should really consider a test bench if you're not wanting to put them in a case, the stress on those PCIe slots is not good for them... It's amazing they still work now...

Consider:
    http://www.inwin-style.com/pd_info.php?id=230
    http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6664
    or something similar!
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-12-31 at 10:38 PM.

With the nature of the setups I'd probably sooner think about the 300R tbf, Phobya's testbench or LD Cooling's test bench.

With people asking how do you got that kind of money my answer is its a hobby. Some people buy and restore cars some people by big screen tv's in every room of there house, some people buy and play MagicTG(which is expensive I know), some people collect sports memorabilia its all hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    With people asking how do you got that kind of money my answer is its a hobby. Some people buy and restore cars some people by big screen tv's in every room of there house, some people buy and play MagicTG(which is expensive I know), some people collect sports memorabilia its all hobby.
    You missed one of the worst.

Being a musician. ;p

My drumset alone is worth $5,000-6,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Yes that is 9 cards. They serve another purpose besides gaming.
    Code Cracking or video rendering? :P

My media server died last night................... , So I went out and bought this crap:

The PSU is for my tower, and I took my old Thermaltake 430w and stuck it in the server.

I dont even turn my server off anymore, I configured RDP for multiple concurrent connections, so I just remote in when I need to do any maintenance. Its a lot better then trying to find a keyboard and mouse to hook up at 3am. :P
    Last edited by at05gt; 2013-01-01 at 05:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

A 650 watt PSU for an AMD APU setup? =S
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

A 650 watt PSU for an AMD APU setup? =S
    Nah lol, the APU setup and Ram is for my server and its getting my old Thermaltake TR-2 430w. The Corsair PSU is for my big gaming tower, I'm gonna be Crossfiring soon and needed a PSU with multiple 6+2 plugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Very little has changed since the pictures where taken in the summer of .12

I've changed the keyboard for a Logitech G710+ and the mouse is now a G700 instead of the mamba

Chasis:
    corsair graphite 600t white edition

Motherboard:
    ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3, Socket-1155

Memory:
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL8 <- Will be changed soon as it is faulting

CPU:
    Intel Core i5-2500K Processor

Storage:
    Samsung SSD 830 Series 256GB 2.5"
    2tb WD thingy

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX670

PSU:
    Corsair AX 850W PSU

Soundcard:
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD

Monitors:
    2xSamsung 27" LED Syncmaster S27A350H <- Gonna get 1 maybe two 3d monitors instead :P

Keyboard:*
    Razer Anansi <- Changed for the Logitech 710+

Mice:*
    Razer Mamba 2012
    Logitech G700

Headphones:*
    Beyerdynamic MMX 300 custom, Black with metallic pink details

Under the middle of the monitors is the Xbox 360 connected to the speakers on each side of the monitors far sides, I'm not sure what their brand is since I've forgotten, but to be that small and cheap, they have a really high oomf for the money !

Can't post pictures yet :P

And there we go. I'm now on my "classic" rig with new case. Bridged internet connection via laptop though... :P

Fortress 03 Titan
    OCZ ZT 750w
    i5 2500k w/ H80
    Asus Z68 Maximus Gene-Z
    Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB), 1600MHz 1.5v
    Gainward GTX 560ti
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

Using
    Dell U2312HM*
    Steelseries 6Gv2 Black
    Steelseries Sensei Raw
    as peripherals

* Technically, monitor belongs to my brother. However, I got a 30" IPS 2560x1600 monitor today... And decided he can borrow it, since the 560ti won't be able to drive that resolution!

Hopefully I'll get a good chance to take pictures of everything tomorrow. It looks pretty darn good, although cable management isn't what I'd consider ideal. Too long cables on powersupply mixed with a tiny, tiny case...

What video card setup do you plan on running with that setup. Kinda weird that you have a 750w for a 560ti or are you planning on getting another 560ti.

What video card setup do you plan on running with that setup. Kinda weird that you have a 750w for a 560ti or are you planning on getting another 560ti.
    560 SLI at this point would be pretty silly, I suspect either a 680/7970 Ghz or waiting for next gen...

No plans to add another videocard. 750w powersupply just sort of happened because OCZ ZT ones are stupid cheap. I'd replace the videocard outright if I had any reason to expect delivery to arrive before I travel away back to college Sunday. So nothing will be happening until I get back, I think.