The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice! Looking good!
    Is he planning to stick with the dual 590s until the next gen or even later or is he eyeing 690s?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Nice! Looking good!
    Is he planning to stick with the dual 590s until the next gen or even later or is he eyeing 690s?
    well if Cycles gets OpenCL support, he's gonna drop them and get a AMD card, he has his eye on the new Ares II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    well if Cycles gets OpenCL support, he's gonna drop them and get a AMD card, he has his eye on the new Ares II
    Oooooo that would be a fancy boost wouldn't it? Also, I'm taking it Cycles is whatever the program is he does his rendering in?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooooo that would be a fancy boost wouldn't it? Also, I'm taking it Cycles is whatever the program is he does his rendering in?
    Cycles is the render engine for Blender, and they are waiting on a stable driver update from AMD

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/De.../Cycles/OpenCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Nice setup but that chair looks horrible.
    Oh yeah, that's getting changed next week too

Currently have an HP Envy M6 with an AMD A10-4300, and 16 gigs of ram for light gaming, while currently in the process of upgrading the 3 Household Desktops that Myself, my wife, and our roomate use as following.

Hers is probably the most complete right now, waiting on HIS to ship me the 4 H797F3G2M's(3gig 7970s) I ordered for both hers, and my desktops)

Using an ASUS Crosshairs-X Formula V Motherboard, an FX-8350, 16gigs of G.Skill Sniper Ram @ 2133, and 2 Old HIS IceQ 5670 1gb GFX Cards OCed at 1ghz each.

meanwhile I currently have an MSI 890GXM Micro-ATX Motherboard that is awaiting replacement with an FX-8120, 16gigs of G.Skill Sniper Ram @ 2133, and also 2 HIS IceQ 5670s OCed at 1ghz each. Our Roomate has an ASUS Pro FM2 Mobo, with an A10-5800k, 32gb of G.Skill Ripjaws, and a single HIS 7970. I believe he has an SSD in there as well, but his computer really isn't my concern.

Idk why but I get the feeling you live in a very AMD centric house....not sure what gives me that idea though...>.>
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

This is the 600T chassis I have. It's a little bare right now. Not sure what I want to do with it; I'm tempted to just use the metal shell and make whatever I damn well please over that...

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm digging the barebone approach! Keep it like that imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    Idk why but I get the feeling you live in a very AMD centric house....not sure what gives me that idea though...>.>
    Lol, it's not very subtle is it? All my comps are the same way thou, gaming towers an FX-8150, servers an A4-3300, and my laptops an A4-3300m.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    *snip*
    This is the 600T chassis I have. It's a little bare right now. Not sure what I want to do with it; I'm tempted to just use the metal shell and make whatever I damn well please over that...
    I agree, I kinda like the bare skeleton approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i also have a 600t that i have recently been taking the dye grinder to. For me it has just been to get an h100i into push/pull with regular fans (i used scythe low profiles before and they didnt really help tbh). I had to cut a bunch of the shell out and even the white plastic on the top. The only draw back is the fans on the top are not the nicest thing ever but they dont really bother me. One pic has my old 570 in it and the rest have the 680 i just took the ones with the 680 while i was cleaning some dust. Oh and i tossed in a pic of my little corner in heaven. STill would like to replace my ram with something of matching color and the pics were all done on my phone so they arent as artsy as others!! Last but not least i usually hide those fan controller wires dunno why they are just chillin in the open space

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Well i also have a 600t that i have recently been taking the dye grinder to. For me it has just been to get an h100i into push/pull with regular fans (i used scythe low profiles before and they didnt really help tbh). I had to cut a bunch of the shell out and even the white plastic on the top. The only draw back is the fans on the top are not the nicest thing ever but they dont really bother me. One pic has my old 570 in it and the rest have the 680 i just took the ones with the 680 while i was cleaning some dust. Oh and i tossed in a pic of my little corner in heaven. STill would like to replace my ram with something of matching color and the pics were all done on my phone so they arent as artsy as others!! Last but not least i usually hide those fan controller wires dunno why they are just chillin in the open space
    <snip pics>
    I cannot wait to do something similar, TV and a couple monitors. Not in that setup though, as I like to move my chair out fairly far from my monitors sometimes, and it looks like I'd hit or scrape just barely the TV/TV stand. >_<
    "A flower.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just picked up a Gigabyte 7850 OC for Crossfire, I shall post pictures when I get it all setup

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot wait to do something similar, TV and a couple monitors. Not in that setup though, as I like to move my chair out fairly far from my monitors sometimes, and it looks like I'd hit or scrape just barely the TV/TV stand. >_<
    i woulda liked to have it so i can watch tv while on the comp but oh well. chair misses tv stand by a couple inches and tv by a good foot! my room has odd corners in the other three and i just dont like the set up for my computer anywhere else dammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a wall mount for that TV.
    "A flower.

Get a wall mount for that TV.
    Definitely! Using my wall-mounted TV as my main "monitor".

Though it would be nice if I had a trio of monitors (eyefinity that $h*t up) and then the TV as just a movie one or something...
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Ha! I'm done!

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    NZXT HDD cage in a Corsair 600t? Frankenstein?
    The fit between the 600T itself and the NZXT cage is bafflingly perfect. The legs of the cage clears the floor's screws perfectly, while lining up against the edge of the motherboard tray with a perfectly positioned fold.

Biggest issue was actually finding a way to poke the drill at the right place. It took a lot of tries to get the drill lined up with the absolutely non-existent margin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    The fit between the 600T itself and the NZXT cage is bafflingly perfect. The legs of the cage clears the floor's screws perfectly, while lining up against the edge of the motherboard tray with a perfectly positioned fold.

Biggest issue was actually finding a way to poke the drill at the right place. It took a lot of tries to get the drill lined up with the absolutely non-existent margin...

Almost like it was planned that way......................................... /mindblown
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?