1. #10261
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Fort McMurray AB
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nireyo View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post18893116

    Update since my last post.


    I gave my brother my 7870 since I hated his 7770 he been using. Decided to give nvidia another chance. Been using AMD cards for years because of a bad nvidia experience. Got a GTX 680, kinda having regrets not getting a 7970 ghz lol. I was really impressed with the size of the card. My old 7870 was well into the hard drive bay. I don't like how my 2 SSDs are kinda just floating in the case, I dunno what to do about that.

    This is my best cable management ever, lol

    if images too big, i apologize.
    You can always get some velcro and slap it on the back of the ssds to mount them on the rear of the mobo tray.

  2. #10262
    Such a mess atm

  3. #10263
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Huh I just noticed but...where do you put your legs lol? It looks like it would be impossible to push a chair right up against the table. Neat setup
    It's plenty of space actually. The bars at the bottom make comfy feet rest

  4. #10264
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Such a mess atm
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NzwqFgRl.jpg[IMG]
    Getting a small monitor stand will create some extra useful room on your desk top. Things like your modem there will fit underneath it perfectly. Plus it will put your monitor and a more naturally viewing height. Hell your Xbox would probably fit underneath it.

    http://www.amazon.com/Allsop-Metal-M...=monitor+stand
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2013-02-18 at 05:08 AM.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

  5. #10265
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,219
    Floating SSDs are the best SSDs. Honestly. I've posted it before... but I just love this picture:



    No velcro or anything, cables are holding it in place. XD
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  6. #10266
    I cringed. I thought you were supposed to have a clean & tidy build, Deltrus! D:

  7. #10267
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I cringed. I thought you were supposed to have a clean & tidy build, Deltrus! D:
    That is clean and tidy, if you are spiderman.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  8. #10268
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I cringed. I thought you were supposed to have a clean & tidy build, Deltrus! D:
    The HAF X is terrible for cable management everywhere, but...

    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  9. #10269
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,040
    Err why is the HAF-X terrible for cable management? It is still considered one of the largest cases ever, it's built by CoolerMaster who are the same people behind the Storm series cases...and my Sniper has at least ~2-3cm gap for cables behind the tray, which is plenty. The sidepanel also has the same embossed design to give extra room for cables, similar to my Sniper.

    I'll take a rear photo of my mobo tray tonight. Promised myself I'd never show it to the world, could make people's eyes explode...but it can't be the worst out there XD

  10. #10270
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Err why is the HAF-X terrible for cable management? It is still considered one of the largest cases ever, it's built by CoolerMaster who are the same people behind the Storm series cases...and my Sniper has at least ~2-3cm gap for cables behind the tray, which is plenty. The sidepanel also has the same embossed design to give extra room for cables, similar to my Sniper.

    I'll take a rear photo of my mobo tray tonight. Promised myself I'd never show it to the world, could make people's eyes explode...but it can't be the worst out there XD
    The HAF X is an older case, and is from before Cooler Master became "good" if they can be called "good."

    The room behind the motherboard tray is pathetic. It's a pain in the ass to put the side panel back on there. =/ Not to mention the extreme lack in places to tie cables down. -.-
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  11. #10271
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The HAF X is an older case, and is from before Cooler Master became "good" if they can be called "good."

    The room behind the motherboard tray is pathetic. It's a pain in the ass to put the side panel back on there. =/ Not to mention the extreme lack in places to tie cables down. -.-
    Most of these flaws have been fixed with the HAF XM though.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

  12. #10272
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Most of these flaws have been fixed with the HAF XM though.
    Frankly, I wouldn't buy another HAF case, except maybe that box one they made.

    Either way, HAF is all about airflow and expansion room... and that's it.

    The Storm series (minus the disgusting Enforcer) are far superior, from what I can tell.
    If I start saying what brands are superior, then we'd be here all night. ^_^
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  13. #10273
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Frankly, I wouldn't buy another HAF case, except maybe that box one they made.

    Either way, HAF is all about airflow and expansion room... and that's it.

    The Storm series (minus the disgusting Enforcer) are far superior, from what I can tell.
    If I start saying what brands are superior, then we'd be here all night. ^_^
    Totally agree with you. Here's hoping I don't get the infraction hammer from tetris in case I went kind of off-topic!
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

  14. #10274
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Getting a small monitor stand will create some extra useful room on your desk top. Things like your modem there will fit underneath it perfectly. Plus it will put your monitor and a more naturally viewing height. Hell your Xbox would probably fit underneath it.

    http://www.amazon.com/Allsop-Metal-M...=monitor+stand
    The monitor stand is to the right next to the Xbox for the console monitor/laptop. Honestly don't need any more room on the desktop I have an L desk and 2 keyboard trays which allows me to snug away the laptop when not in use. My concern is the damned wires!

  15. #10275
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Frankly, I wouldn't buy another HAF case, except maybe that box one they made.
    It's a pretty good case to build in, and the hotswap bay is the most fantastic one I've ever had the pleasure of trying. It's got a really simple mechanic sled mechanic.

    You take it out of the case, and then on the backside there's this, which'll release 'one' edge to let you slide a harddrive into it...





    Spoiler: Yes, that does mean I'm currently using a HAF XB.

  16. #10276
    AMD Phenom II 960T X4 3,0 Ghz
    8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz RAM
    XFX 550W 80+ Bronze CORE
    Gigabyte UD3 990FX
    Gigabyte HD6850 Windforce OC
    Case -> Fractal Design Define R2 Arctic White (Actually the best part of the computer, the rest of the parts haven't aged as well as this beautiful case lol)

    Thinking of an upgrade soonish... hmmm
    Currently pulling around 35-45 FPS at "High" settings, and 60-90 FPS at "Medium"

  17. #10277
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    [snip]URL]

    Spoiler: Yes, that does mean I'm currently using a HAF XB.
    Have you ever used a case for more than 6 months at a time?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  18. #10278
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Have you ever used a case for more than 6 months at a time?
    It replaced the 600T, and was chosen because a friend of mine will be borrowing the thing when(/if) I finish the main rig. He liked the case and all that jazz.

  19. #10279
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    AMD Phenom II 960T X4 3,0 Ghz
    8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz RAM
    XFX 550W 80+ Bronze CORE
    Gigabyte UD3 990FX
    Gigabyte HD6850 Windforce OC
    Case -> Fractal Design Define R2 Arctic White (Actually the best part of the computer, the rest of the parts haven't aged as well as this beautiful case lol)

    Thinking of an upgrade soonish... hmmm
    Currently pulling around 35-45 FPS at "High" settings, and 60-90 FPS at "Medium"
    Are you referring to WoW? I imagine so, based on the website we're on... but most of us computer forum regulars quit WoW some time ago. :P We just stuck around because we love it here.

    Your computer has some age left in it, but if you want to play anything more serious, I would upgrade for sure.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  20. #10280
    The Patient at05gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Its called America, not 'Murica.
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Are you referring to WoW? I imagine so, based on the website we're on... but most of us computer forum regulars quit WoW some time ago. :P We just stuck around because we love it here.

    Your computer has some age left in it, but if you want to play anything more serious, I would upgrade for sure.
    Wait this is a WoW forum?? Son of a bit........ :P
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •