High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    snip
    Wow that is one hell of dusty case I thought I was bad at remembering to clean

How could it possibly have gotten THAT dusty?
    \\ My signature got removed because it was 21,12 Kb over the limitation \\

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    How could it possibly have gotten THAT dusty?
    1 and a half years without cleaning, negative pressure and piss poor cable management and airflow.

Daaaamn, that's allot of dust there. ><
    I would advise against letting that happen again. This is really bad for your hardware, no matter how hard you clean it afterwards.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-04-03 at 08:24 PM.

most of my case is filtered but i still get dust inside.

-snip-
    A few hours cleaning it? Looks like you took 5mins and called it quits. And why not take the extra time to run cables behind the mobo tray and have it looking nice and all. I mean, you spend the money on it you would think you'd want it to look nice and everything or am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    A few hours cleaning it? Looks like you took 5mins and called it quits. And why not take the extra time to run cables behind the mobo tray and have it looking nice and all. I mean, you spend the money on it you would think you'd want it to look nice and everything or am I missing something here?
    As far as I know Antec 600 has jack-all cable management room behind the mobo tray, the most people can fit are front usb/audio headers and stata cables, that's it. Thick PSU cables (cpu and mobo) are borderline impossible unless it's a PSU with very thin/flexible cables or sleeved stuff. Don't be harsh -_-

How often is it nesescary to fully clean the inside? I sometimes vacuum it (don't worry, it's a plastic tube) but that doesn't happen THAT often.
    I do take a look inside sometimes, to see if everything is still alright. But never looks too dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    How often is it nesescary to fully clean the inside? I sometimes vacuum it (don't worry, it's a plastic tube) but that doesn't happen THAT often.
    I do take a look inside sometimes, to see if everything is still alright. But never looks too dusty.
    There is no "golden rule" with cleaning because it can MASSIVELY vary with the environment the PC is placed it, whether it sits on a carpet or up on a desk, how much airflow is going through the thing, dust filtering, etc etc.

So far I've cleaned my dust filters and interior only ONCE and I've owned this PC since early 2011, if even that because it sits up on a desk and while not in operation I keep the top covered with a cloth. The dust factor where I live is almost non-existent, it's borderline rural and I keep the room fairly clean. I've only got one 120mm intake fan (rest exhaust) and all are kept on minimum speeds for quietness, so there you go.

Someone living in an urban apartment (e.g. city) is going to have to clean a lot more often, there's a lot more dust/pollution floating around. I would recommend positive pressure for people living in more dusty areas, otherwise that PC is going to suck up everything from all it's little vents/holes.

What you did is the best way - just take a look inside! If there's a coat of dust (even a thin layer) then it's time to clean. E.g. if it reached the state of Fluffy's PC then I would go as far as taking the GPU apart (shroud/fans off) and give the heatsink a good scrubbing with a brush and probably take the PSU apart as well.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-04-04 at 03:14 AM.

I sometimes vacuum it (don't worry, it's a plastic tube)
    Vacuuming your PC is an extremely bad idea! Air rushing past a plastic nozzle will build up static. Static discharging onto PC components means dead components. I always cringe when I hear that people use a vacuum cleaner to clean out their PC, use a can of air duster spray its a much safer way of cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Maglore View Post
    Vacuuming your PC is an extremely bad idea! Air rushing past a plastic nozzle will build up static. Static discharging onto PC components means dead components. I always cringe when I hear that people use a vacuum cleaner to clean out their PC, use a can of air duster spray its a much safer way of cleaning.
    Or buy one of those two-dollar extensions for it. I have an extension for my vacuum which is basically a rubber hose getting smaller and smaller. Higher pressure, and no plastic static charge issue.

Although, I'm not actually sure if rubber is completely safe for that. Worked for me the last few years anyway.

Looks like this, although the black part is complete rubber on mine.

FPS MAP DESIGN | Core i5 3570k [email protected] | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2x4GB Corsair [email protected] | Gigabyte Radeon 7950 Windforce x3 | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | WD Black 500GB | 2x WD Green 1TB | Antec HCG520 | Tt Chaser Mk I

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I'm sure you could cable manage this case perfectly behind the mobo tray, but for me it felt kinda impossible.

Thanks for your constructive and useful feedback

Good tip for that case is to remove the sleevingbag around the biggest cables and separate the wires as much as possible. If you get a bag of strips you could easily cable manage that case if you spend about 1 hour doing it. Do you have access to a Dremel multitool or similar?

yep mini tight sleeves are a great way when it comes to cable management my case is pretty horrid when it comes to stock cable management (there's 2 placed next to the hdd hotswap bay and while they can hold a nice bunch they're in a bit of an annoying place when it comes to the upper compartment)
    Case: Modded Chieftec Dragon remake(Full tower)(currently Blue) | MB: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 | CPU: i7 2600K
    CPU Cooling: Noctua Nh-D14 | PSU: Corsair AX 1200 | GPU: EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked Signature 2GB
    Network: Bigfoot Networks Killer 2100 | RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz | Screen: Samsung Syncmaster P2770 27" x2

As stated, you could make your own cutouts in that tray to route cables through.
    \\ My signature got removed because it was 21,12 Kb over the limitation \\

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    As stated, you could make your own cutouts in that tray to route cables through.
    This could be a very bad idea for somebody that does not know what they are doing. One should do a lot of research if planning on cutting holes and running live wires through them.
    WoW - Windrunner: Snozzberries, Googs, Boryndon, Corndizzle, Kaylin, Georgejetson, Lentis, Knerd, Durlen, Marlevon

Quote Originally Posted by Maglore View Post
    It's a very small end made of plastic. The vacuum cleaner isn't even that strong. So I can't see how static builds up from that (I thought it was only with metal ends).

It's a very small end made of plastic. The vacuum cleaner isn't even that strong. So I can't see how static builds up from that (I thought it was only with metal ends).
    Static absolutely builds up in plastic. Using a plastic extension from a vacuum cleaner to clean the inside of your PC is never recommended.

We're getting offtopic folks, if you want to discuss cleaning out the interior of your PC, please start a new thread or use the chat thread.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Static absolutely builds up in plastic. Using a plastic extension from a vacuum cleaner to clean the inside of your PC is never recommended.

We're getting offtopic folks, if you want to discuss cleaning out the interior of your PC, please start a new thread or use the chat thread.
    Oh.. Alright, seems I have to change that then.. (whoops)

And you're right, we're sorry!
    Here are some pictures from my desktop open (it's not anything fancy, as you could've seen earlier, and shots made by a phone).

http://oi50.tinypic.com/w0hg4.jpg

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2a4pf86.jpg

http://oi45.tinypic.com/10ncgld.jpg

Not too many cables, but well.. Not like there is much need for that.

Cool

This is my current setup :

Asus Republic of Gamers G75VW
    4GB GTX 660M
    8GB Ram
    1.5TB HDD

World Of Warcraft Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse
    Razer Ironclad Mousemat
    Razer Lycosa Keybaord
    Astro A50's

13" MacBookAir for funsies!

| i7-4790K | Z97-AR | 16GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-960 x2 | 120GB Samsung 850 | Corsair 750W CXMOD |