It was to hold the CPU backplate on while I had the case laying on its side to screw in the CPU block. It was removed when I finished.
    Last edited by Irloki; 2013-06-09 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Must complete sentence!

Quote Originally Posted by Irloki View Post
    Finally finished building my 900D.

My first shot at a full custom loop that includes GPU. 680 lightning blue kind of glares through the red theme. Any way to turn of its power phase LEDs? I know I can remove the GPU reactor.

Cable management the best I could with so many wires it was really tough. There is so much room behind the motherboard tray that I was able to put my old NZXT mesh to the side of the front radiator with some 3M tape. I did remove the 3M from the CPU backplate don't worry.

My stealthed optical drive.

My monitor setup. Two 24s at 1080P and a 27in at 1440P.
    Woooo a 900D build! Very nice!

Question, you're missing a fan on your top 360 rad - was this because of the mobo VRM heatsink getting in the way, or due to that watercooling fitting bending too sharply to allow a fan?

Secondly soz if you already posted specs in an earlier post, but if you didn't....specs? :P

I know one thing for sure, that's an MPower Z77 motherboard. ;o

Not a bad choice!

The heatsink did get in the way of my last fan .

Parts:
    • Intel I7 3770k (Delidded)
    • Corsair Obsidian 900D
    • MSI Mpower Z77
    • MSI GTX680 Lightning
    • 16GB GSkill DDR3 2133(Tightened to CL8 at 1600)
    • Western Digital Caviar Black
    • OCZ Agility 3 240GB
    • NZXT Hue LED kit
    • Corsair AX850 w/ red cable set
    • LG Bluray Burner

Cooling:
    • XSPC RX360
    • XSPC EX360
    • XSPC Raystorm Acetal CPU block
    • EK MSI GeForce 680 GTX Lightning GPU block
    • Swiftech 655 pump w/ EK acetal top
    • NZXT Sentry Mesh fan controller
    • Primochill Blood Red 1/2"x3/4" tubing
    • Many Bitspower fittings
    • Two Koolance VL3N QDC sets
    • 2 3-pin power distribution PCB 5way fan block.
    • 6 Scythe GT AP-14 fans
    • 6 Corsair SP120 Quiet edition fans
    • Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 Inline Reservoir - Ice Red
    Last edited by Irloki; 2013-06-09 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Adding a 3 lol.

Good God that is an intense cooling setup! You oughta join the CPU and GPU OC leaderboard threads that are hotlinked in my signature! Would love to see how cool your computer runs under load!

Are you happy with your 680 or are you considering going 780 in the future?

Also, Agility 3 or 4?

Agility 3 got it a long time ago as they were close in performance and quality to Vertex 3. The Agility 4 seem to be plagued with terrible failure rates. Just running 4.6GHz at 1.3V right now. Hottest temp was 61C on the second core for CPU. Havent overclocked my GPU yet still at stock 1200MHz, but I have flashed its BIOS for unlocked voltage.

Pretty sure the Agility 3 had worse failure rates, especially back in 2011, what with the whole SandForce SF-2281 controller fiasco and OCZ being very poor in acknowledging that a problem DID exist. I had an Agility 3 for a whole week, was plagued with freezes and slow-downs of the computer in general, made my raiding a bitch.

Then I returned it, got a Crucial m4 128GB, have not looked back since. It's now been 2 years. ^_^

Had this a little over two years it was pretty awful for the first few months until they fixed the firmware. Has been rock solid ever since. I actually have three more throughout the house because they are so cheap and have been very reliable for me.

Yeah, OCZ was all "what? there's a problem? never heard anything about it. just going to ignore you all until you go away".

Despite the infractions, that build looks spectacular!
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Mechagnome
    Havent overclocked my GPU yet still at stock 1200MHz, but I have flashed its BIOS for unlocked voltage.

Bro... Start OC'ing! Lightnings overclock like beasts! Bet you can get 1300+ easily.
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

For a basement nerd cave it's surprisingly not horrible down there. I sort of wish I didn't have
    to have a living room for people to sit and talk in. I'd much rather just have combination sitting
    room/computer station/meeting room/etc. like the office of a supervillan CEO in the movies.

We haven't had a black-and-white picture with too much bokeh for a while. Where are those guys?
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post

For a basement nerd cave it's surprisingly not horrible down there. I sort of wish I didn't have
    to have a living room for people to sit and talk in. I'd much rather just have combination sitting
    room/computer station/meeting room/etc. like the office of a supervillan CEO in the movies.

We haven't had a black-and-white picture with too much bokeh for a while. Where are those guys?
    Competely jealous how clean that looks o.o Where did you get that desk?
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2013-06-10 at 11:26 AM.

the wall paint looks like a very similar pinkish-orange shade to my computer room

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Damn that is one clean rig!

Don't really like how the speakers are positioned though, being directly in front of speakers facing you, or right past your ears, is an amazing experience.

Competely jealous how clean that looks o.o Where did you get that desk?
    You can snag the desk by assembling parts from ikea. It's not really a specific desk, just those components you can buy (table top, legs, storage units, drawers, etc) put together. The total price for all the bits and pieces was probably around $500-ish here, and probably much less costly in Sweden or America.

The reason I went with flat-pack rather than something from DWR is that you can modify it without feeling guilty or worrying that you're about to destroy $2500 worth of furniture. On a mac it's no big deal: there's just one or two cables (power, and maybe one to your screen) but my PC had 10 cables on the desk and then another dozen for printer, usb devices, speakers, network, etc. There's no way to have that look clean without giving it some attention:
    • Use a hole-saw to cut a 10cm circle in the 'cubby hole' that holds the tower case to route cables into it.
    • Into the pull-drawers add 4-port powered USB hubs so that your tablet/phone/camera have a place to charge out of sight
    • Into the cabinet-style drawers add power bars so that your 'big toys' can charge (laptop) out of sight
    • Use hose clamps(?) to route cables down the back of the of the shelves.
    All you need is a hand-held power drill, a couple of hole-saws (2cm 5cm and 10cm), a handful of screws, and maybe a USB extension cable or two. Cheap and easy cable management for your gaming corner.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Would love to see the cable management pics evn.

I really should put some effort into a nice desk and cable management seeing how I am at my desk far more than 20 hours a day.

<snip>

Clean nice build, I love it

Good job!
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Would love to see the cable management pics evn.

I really should put some effort into a nice desk and cable management seeing how I am at my desk far more than 20 hours a day.
    Yeah, if you could get pictures of how your cables are routed, I think a lot of us would appreciate it!

Here's a shot of my gaming setup. I really need to do an overhaul on it soon as I'm really uncomfortable for some reason. That and I hate not having my 3rd screen over on the right side of the desk. And my tower is way to big to be up on the desk as well. But I have no ikea near me, or within 30mins of me and I haven't seen any other nice looking desks. And I don't have the money to drop $700+ on a desk and cable managing stuff =/. Not to mention I want a nice 27" 1440p monitor.

Always taking suggestions on my setup and what to do better with it.

A nice sturdy coffee table or some other short table makes for a good case-stand!

I personally use a coffee table my Great granddad made out of solid wood. The thing is heavy as shit!