Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    How nice of you to put the computer next to that heater.
    The heater's not even plugged in, neither is the fireplace. Also, it's a basement in Canada. Not exactly the hottest environment in the world for a PC. Nicetrydoe.

Oh so it just sits there never getting used? That's cool I guess.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Oh so it just sits there never getting used? That's cool I guess.
    I moved relatively recently and am too dang lazy to properly unpack and get everything looking all purdy and neat.
    I just moved like a week ago. Not everything is where it's supposed to be. Kind of like that box I have sitting in the corner that just 'sits there and never gets used' too, you know?

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    dear diary
    today i had a glorious battle in a snake's nest.
    before the battle it looked like this :

after some hard work i managed to get everything that was possible to be routed via the back.
    making the front look like this :

and all the snakes went into hiding down below :

plan for now is to place a pair of noctua fans in the empty hdd cage in order increase airflow over the gpu's and allow for more heat to exit the case via the rear.

Why is the rear casefan blowing in, and why is it not turned 180 degrees so can route the cable via the backplate (this looks fugly).

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Yea, a rear intake next to top exhaust; Is this to provide more "fresh air" to the CPU-cooler? It would do little else to the rest of your computer. I'd rather have both places exhaust and an intake somewhere else. At least rather than a localised air flow as you do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Why is the rear casefan blowing in, and why is it not turned 180 degrees so can route the cable via the backplate (this looks fugly).
    it's an exhaust (i got 3 exhausts now and still heat is piling up too much at the gpu's )
    also even if i'd route that wire through the back it would only give a bigger footprint on another section of the mobo.
    still the clean up made for some minor temp drop already.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    it's an exhaust
    No, actually, it's not.
    Also your H100(i?)'s fans are drooping on the far side, or so it looks. Or is it the entire cooler? If the former, you're likely to get less performance.

it's an exhaust
    No not really. This is the flow direction of a casefan:
    http://www.gelidsolutions.com/client...flow_02(1).gif

You could place a fan on the bottom, blowing upwards, to force the natural convection.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-06-14 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    No, actually, it's not.
    Also your H100(i?)'s fans are drooping on the far side, or so it looks. Or is it the entire cooler? If the former, you're likely to get less performance.
    that's due to them being attached by zip-ties.
    also i'll be dammed must have placed the rear fan wrong when i installed that H100i rad.
    also most heat keeps "hanging" between the two cards so to speak so i was thinking of making a sort of wind tunnel to blow that directly out back pci-e brackets?
    as for bottom fan idea i thought of it but the effective surface of such a fan would be +- 20% of the actual fan size)

that's due to them being attached by zip-ties.
    also i'll be dammed must have placed the rear fan wrong when i installed that H100i rad.
    also most heat keeps "hanging" between the two cards so to speak so i was thinking of making a sort of wind tunnel to blow that directly out back pci-e brackets?
    as for bottom fan idea i thought of it but the effective surface of such a fan would be +- 20% of the actual fan size)
    Ghetto style mounting, nice lol. Yeah it's pretty common in SLI setups for heat to linger between cards. Most people try and put a fan at the back of the cards attached to the HDD cage to funnel air through the cards and out. Not sure if you have enough room for this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Ghetto style mounting, nice lol. Yeah it's pretty common in SLI setups for heat to linger between cards. Most people try and put a fan at the back of the cards attached to the HDD cage to funnel air through the cards and out. Not sure if you have enough room for this though.
    that's why i hope the holes of my hdd cage are big enough to allow for enough airflow from there.
    also no way i can fit a fan in that 0,5cm clearing outside my cage/end of the cards
    there aren't really any other options i think that are possible without either some very heavy modding for which i lack the tools unless someone has suggestions.
    also i was actually quite surprised how decent it was possible to manage the non modulair PSU cables. (zip ties are godly)

Shroud... I think your case has run it's course... May I recommend a 900D/TJ11 and a full custom loop? I think, looking away from your motherboard, you are in the premium-rig-club and you should really be looking at throwing some more money at some style. My 900D got sent today so will be giving you guys a sneak peak of my watercooling gear later tonight or tomorrow.

Why don't you just remove the damn HDD cage in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Why don't you just remove the damn HDD cage in the middle?
    thought it was part of the supporting frame.
    seems it is possible ; http://www.legitreviews.com/images/r...af_912_019.jpg
    guess i'll have to thinker abit this weekend.

I also removed it in my CM690.

The fan in the back is an intake and your H100i fans are the only exhausting fans in your case. Think you're just way better off getting a case with a motherboard turned 90° like silverstone cases, the air travel is shorter and much more efficient instead of useless intakes like in all cases.

SilverStone Raven RV03B-W seems to be scoring very nice especially for the price (120eur), a fan in the back exhausting air in that case and 2 intake fans very close to the cards is just awesome for SLI.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    The fan in the back is an intake and your H100i fans are the only exhausting fans in your case. Think you're just way better off getting a case with a motherboard turned 90° like silverstone cases, the air travel is shorter and much more efficient instead of useless intakes like in all cases.

SilverStone Raven RV03B-W seems to be scoring very nice especially for the price (120eur), a fan in the back exhausting air in that case and 2 intake fans very close to the cards is just awesome for SLI.
    the idea of the fan lay-out looks very promising indeed for SLI cooling.
    still i doubt i'll be able to justify a new case at this moment in time.
    gonna move to my own place first, gotta buy furniture, find a good job for atleast the summer and hopefully afterwards aswell.

Something interesting came in the mail today.

I also got this stupid sound card.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

O_o

Be less cryptic, perhaps?
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS