I guess you'd have to be some sort of ultra-snob or old-time person, the pen in the background is a namiki falcon with nib from Nibs.com. I've been waiting on it for around 4-months. Way more interesting than the sound card that was also waiting at the post office.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

I happened to get a new audio product today, as well. Though it seems I was more excited for it.

Behold the pinkest yet still amazing headphones ever to be produced. (I don't know of any higher-end headphones that are pink. lol)

Audio Technica ATH AD700, thanks to my Amazon Prime friend, got them with 1 day shipping for only $4. Not too bad!

These things are just gorgeous, and also obscenely comfortable on my, I suppose, rather sensitive ears. My Shure SRH440 headphones will be retired to when I am drumming to music, as they are just too much of the vice-grip feel. Not very comfortable imo. They hurt my head and ears with their pressure.

I've listened to a few .wav file songs so far, and I must say, these things just sound lovely. One song I even noticed some very very soft sounds in the background I'd never heard before, but fit so well, still!

For my audio setup, my next upgrade is going to be an external DAC/AMP from Schiit, not sure exactly what, but it will lead to even higher-end headphones, however I'm pretty damn happy right now. ASUS Xonar DX is doing well, however it will likely become just for my speakers soon.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Congratulations to the both of you.
    Hearing the creaking of a chair of a musician was one of those "points of no return" for me with good audio equipment.
    :P

Wha... you heard a musician's chair creak in the background of a song, I presume you're meaning? O.O

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Something interesting came in the mail today.
    http://i.imgur.com/AC2y1yc.jpg
    I also got this stupid sound card.
    Is it really worth it to spend money on such an expensive sound card? Can't really decide between either a DGX 30$ or a D2/PM >.<
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2013-06-15 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Please don't quote images without breaking tags

I used to want an ASUS Xonar Essence STX, but then I found out about how expensive it is compared to external, and higher quality options from real audio engineering companies like Schiit, etc etc.

Either way, it is worth it to invest in a good sound card or external DAC/AMP if you have comparable headphones/speakers/mic.

Finally got the Haswell build up and running. Currently re-installing a few games and a bit of tweaking here and there.

http://imgur.com/EaLhCko

http://imgur.com/u2do9hG

• Windows 8
    • Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.3Ghz (so far)
    • ASUS GTX 780 3GB
    • ASUS Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    • ASUS VG278HE Monitor
    • Corsair 650D
    • Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB
    • Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4), 1600mhz, black
    • Corsair H80i
    • Corsair AX 860W PSU

As for peripherals, I'm currently using the Razer BlackWidow 2013 and the G600 from Logitech, however the BlackWidow will be replaced by the K70 black from Corsair. Just waiting for the Cherry MX Brown version to be available. G930 headset is also temporary until my Xonar STX arrives, then I'll be using it along with my Sennheiser PC 350 SE.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    No SSD? I am disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    • Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB
    :)

Would explain it then.

I saw the GTX and just thought graphics since I'm so used to having GTX4,5 series, etc.

Side note:
    I believe the term "GTX" and "GTS" used by nVidia derived from the term "GT" used in car names where it stands for Gran Turismo (Italian for grand tourer). I honestly don't know what the added S or X stands for, but my guess is that it's "extreme" or simply a letter used to name their products (without any real meaning).

GTX can also stand for a number of different things, where I believe the most common is the (often laminated) water resistant coating called Gore-Tex. No idea what it stands for in "Corsair Neutron GTX".

I might be completely wrong about the above. If anyone knows the true meaning please correct me.

On topic:
    I like the build Static, very clean. Have to ask though, do you have no HDDs at all? NAS storage I suppose?
    Last edited by Marest; 2013-06-17 at 12:06 AM.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/537/2
    Combining these two bits of information, we get a pixel fill rate of 800 megapixels per second for the GeForce 2 GTS, which is up from 480 megapixels per second for the GeForce, and we get a texel fill rate of 1600 megatexels per second or 1.6 gigatexels per second, which is where part of the GTS acronym comes from – Giga Texel Shader.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    for some reason, i think they decided to use the acronym first, and found some words to make it stand for something later, very typical of marketing

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I like the build Static, very clean. Have to ask though, do you have no HDDs at all? NAS storage I suppose?
    Thank you, Marest. I don't actually own a NAS, but I do have 4 external hard drives that I use for work and I always tend to move them a lot between work and home.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Hm, alright. Giga Texel Shader. I can buy that. But what about GT and GTX? Giga Texel? Giga Texel Extreme? That makes less sense.

It was 'GT' from the start, so that should be the basic term. The S and X and other lettering should add information, not define it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Hm, alright. Giga Texel Shader. I can buy that. But what about GT and GTX? Giga Texel? Giga Texel Extreme? That makes less sense.

It was 'GT' from the start, so that should be the basic term. The S and X and other lettering should add information, not define it.
    When it comes to GeForce, GTS was the first, it was "GeForce 2 GTS, GeForce 2 Pro, GeForce 2 Ultra, GeForce 2 Ti, GeForce 2 Go and the GeForce 2 MX series" taken from wikipedia
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I always thought that they added the X because it is a strong-sounding letter and adds connotations like "extreme".
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I always thought that they added the X because it is a strong-sounding letter and adds connotations like "extreme".
    Yup, basically.

There are cars with the GTX name as well. GT, GTP, etc etc. Hell, I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Thank you, Marest. I don't actually own a NAS, but I do have 4 external hard drives that I use for work and I always tend to move them a lot between work and home.
    Why not just build a small cheap NAS then? It'd save you from having to carry HDDs around all the time and risk damaging them. Or just share them on your computer with your work computer, etc.

Mechagnome
    One of the first computers I got to play games on at home had a geforce 2 GTS. Shit was so tight!
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX