Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I am so tempted to save up for a new windforce card, the new revision of the cooler is such an improvement on the last one (even just aesthetically).
    mine are likely for sale soon
    they are decent but really need to be in a proper case and not in SLI.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    ehm why did you place those noctua fans in that order for the H100i?
    Lol wow derp feel stupid for not even noticing I had them pulling air in x) long day.
    "You’ve shown great conviction. Strength. Courage. All noble qualities. I should have killed you long ago."

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    mine are likely for sale soon
    they are decent but really need to be in a proper case and not in SLI.
    I'll add them to the long list of "things I don't really need but really want but can't afford right now"

You going back to a Titan then? Or are you waiting for the 9970 with its rumoured 4096 shader processors?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'll add them to the long list of "things I don't really need but really want but can't afford right now"

You going back to a Titan then? Or are you waiting for the 9970 with its rumoured 4096 shader processors?
    likely 780 classifieds hydrocoppers or lightnings with custom blocks. current cards are good but i'm still voltage limited for maximum overclock. (
    maybe another swap if AMD really gets their shit together but i deem that unlikely.

I don't know what miraculous thing you're expecting Shroud... though I hope you realize that there HAS to be a voltage lock. GPU chips can only go so far.

Like the GTX 560 Ti is highly advised to not be pushed past 1.1v.

You may just be at the very edge, honestly. You should just accept it, you have nice cards, and the 1% performance improvement you'll get, MAYBE, is not worth the trouble.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Pretty sure like all GTX 780s are hard capped to 1.212v.

http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/geforce_gtx_780/

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

You may just be at the very edge, honestly. You should just accept it, you have nice cards, and the 1% performance improvement you'll get, MAYBE, is not worth the trouble.
    I think we can put shroudster in the enthausiast department, so he probably doesnt really care about the performance increases And I get why you want to change to different 780s when you are considering to make a custom watercool setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Lol wow derp feel stupid for not even noticing I had them pulling air in x) long day.
    which tbh is what you want as long as the top part is filtered, people may argue, but you want to draw positive pressure into the case, ive seen too many dusty insides in the builds and some wonder whats the reason for the build up...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I think we can put shroudster in the enthausiast department, so he probably doesnt really care about the performance increases And I get why you want to change to different 780s when you are considering to make a custom watercool setup.
    Do consider Saithes' post. It's very very possible Shroudster is at the end of the safe voltage limits. He could be on the edge of outright killing the cards if he tries anything more.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Do consider Saithes' post. It's very very possible Shroudster is at the end of the safe voltage limits. He could be on the edge of outright killing the cards if he tries anything more.
    If they are hardcapped, that probably still means 1.212 is still a "safe" voltage for the cards. Otherwise Nvidia would have put that voltage lower.

But hes changing them mostly because of the waterblocks.

-removed due to double post-
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-07-13 at 05:47 PM.

I think it'd look cleaner if you put the rad first, and then the fan.
    \\ My signature got removed because it was 21,12 Kb over the limitation \\

Majesticii, which case is that?
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1130MHz/1750MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    I think it'd look cleaner if you put the rad first, and then the fan.
    Maybe, instructions said to put it like this though. Also little more tricky because the threads are on the actual radiator.
    Edit; nevermind, i found the extra set or screws to do that with.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Majesticii, which case is that?
    Corsair 350D

Think its a corsair 350D
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Looks really good Majesticii. Looking forward to better pictures that will do the build justice.

You should keep the fan in pull to be honest (I assume that's how you've got it atm). It makes it a lot easier to clean and the performance (cooling) between push and pull is negligible. You could add a fan shroud if you really want the extra cooling performance.

I like the sleeving too; good job! If I had to nit-pick it would be the colour-coded PSU connectors. Dismantle them and spray-paint them black or white!

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Halfway through my build ATM but i have it running.

Case: CM Storm Stryker - 3x120mm stock fans - 200mm fan removed for radiator - 2x Corsair AF120 HP's
    CPU: i7 4770k @ stock (oc 2moro when im not tired :P)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with 2x Noctua NF12's attached.
    MoBo: ASUS Maximus VI Hero ROG
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb 2400mhz - 2 x 8gb
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 850 Watt
    GPU: Sapphire HD5770 -upgrading to- EVGA GTX780 SC ACX eventually SLI
    Storage: Seagate 1.5TB -will be adding- samsung 840 250gb ssd & 2tb WD green

Peripherals: Razer Carcharias / Deathadder / Tarantula - Acer 23" OLLLLLLD monitor -upgrading to- Corsair K70 cherry red / Razer Naga Hex / Korean 27" IPS from ebay.

Sorry for shitty light
    Hey man ur PC is basically the same thing as the 1 i am building!!! NICE

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roblivion View Post
    My pride and joy! Have cleaned up the wiring prior to booting, actually very pleased with the ease of wiring in this case!
    I just got that keyboard the razer deathstalker do u like it?
    Last edited by Marest; 2013-07-11 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Looks really good Majesticii. Looking forward to better pictures that will do the build justice.

You should keep the fan in pull to be honest (I assume that's how you've got it atm). It makes it a lot easier to clean and the performance (cooling) between push and pull is negligible. You could add a fan shroud if you really want the extra cooling performance.

I like the sleeving too; good job! If I had to nit-pick it would be the colour-coded PSU connectors. Dismantle them and spray-paint them black or white!
    Thanks for the words or praise ^^.
    And yeah, i might just order some black connectors and replug the connectors.

Just realized I never posted my Haswell rig on this thread

Specifications
    CPU: Intel i5-4570k: @ Stock clock w/ NH-U14s CPU cooler
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
    RAM: 8x8GB Kingston HyperX Black @ 1600MHz
    GPUs: ASUS GTX 670 DCUII & Gigabyte 670 WindForce in SLI
    Soundcard: ASUS Xonar Essence STX
    SSD's: Kingston 128GB boot drive & Crucial M4 256GB storage drive
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750w
    Case fans: Noctua NF-F14 140mm fans with low noise adapter

Peripherals
    Mouse: Logitech G400s
    Mousepad: Logitech mousepad from the Logitech booth at Dreamhack
    Laptop Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 900
    Keyboards: 2x CM Storm Quickfire Rapid for both my desktop & laptop
    Main Monitor: Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 monitor
    Secondary monitors: ASUS MW221U 2x & Xerox XM7-22w 1680x1050 monitors

As you might have guessed by now, it's a silence focused rig which I love. The temperatures a little high with low fan speeds but at load I can still barely hear the rig running.

Horrible chairs to use for prolonged use, but I've ordered 2x of the Ikea MALKOLM chairs, which should arrive with ship within the next few months
    Last edited by CheezusCrust; 2013-07-12 at 08:04 AM.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Such a cable-fest! I like the Kingston-heads and the turret.
    I guess the left keyboard setup is for a different computer?