The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, well then, you've gained our fullest attention, Drunken!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I need to emphasize that the only thing keeping the "walls" together in that picture is a piece of tape. I'm not sure whether I want to start with the motherboard plate or the roof first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say whatever will help hold it all together! XD
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I need to emphasize that the only thing keeping the "walls" together in that picture is a piece of tape. I'm not sure whether I want to start with the motherboard plate or the roof first.
    I don't know why... but looking at that picture makes me feel uncomfortable.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    DAT PSU.
    /10char

I AM THE UBERMENSCH.

Also, I finally figured out how to bend 2.0mm thick aluminum with a brake that's only really designed for 1.2mm. Had to "score" it (cut a line with a utility knife) about 10-15 times. So this is what I got now for the motherboard plate. Need to cut it a bit on the left side though.

Sorry about the location. This square meter large toilet is the only room in the house that is lit up to this degree this late.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a lovely looking bathroom.

I really like the contour rounded edges of the sink, it really helps accent the lovely edge looking out over the floor, and the dark floor helps to contrast the color.

10/10 would use to the fullest.

(I would appreciate a better view so we can see if there is possibly a Jacuzzi, or something.)

No, but seriously, nice work so far. Maybe you should just build your own case from the bottom up? :P
    "A flower.

Haha, I'd rather not try anything that crazy for the time being, I think.

Deleted
    I have pretty standard gaming setup

CPU - Intel i5-2500k
    GPU - EVGA 670 GTX 4GB FTW + Backplate
    Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-V
    RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
    SSD - 128 GB
    HDD - 4.5 TB
    Sound Card - Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Music
    Power supply - OCZ 750W
    Keyboard - Logitech G510
    Mouse - Logitech G700
    Headphones - Logitech G35/Icemat Siberia v2 Na'vi Edition
    Speaker - Logitech Z-5500
    Monitors:
    20' Samsung SyncMaster 205BW
    24' LG Flatron 2453V

Cheers

15+ Year Old Account
    Processor: Intel i5 3570k at 4.2GHz
    Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Pro3
    RAM: 2x4GB of G.Skill RipjawsX at 1600MHz and 9-9-9-24

Graphics Card: MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr III

HDD: 500GB WD Caviar Blue

Case: Bitfenix Outlaw
    Power Supply: XFX 450 Core Edition
    Case Fans: 2x 140mm Fractal Design case fans (I supplemented these from my Arc Midi)

This is something I build for my brother about a year ago. The idea was to gimp out on everything else but the most crucial performance parts. So in essence it's sort of extreme budget with not so budget GPU and CPU.

I think it's pretty awesome for it's price which was something like $750. The Bitfenix Outlaw I chose mainly for experimenting with it's mirror design but it actually turned out to be pretty nice little case as well, the cable management wasn't even too bad considering it has minimal space behind the motherboard tray and that little cut out on the lower right corner is all you have to work with.

Only small problem was when I mounted those 140mm fans. For some reason they chose to use square holes on the side panel instead of honey cone pattern it has on the top and that, for some reason, made the fan whine like crazy. Solved it by using really long screws to keep the fan 4-5 inches from the door. It didn't support 140mm's in the front either so I had to ghetto mount that as well. Surprisingly enough the HDD cage had these small medal clips that lined up for the fan so I was able to just shove it in and it held on perfectly. Still not sure if that's native 140 fan tool-less support or a coincidence.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-08-10 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Fixed stupid formatting

10+ Year Old Account
    How well is the cooling with the motherboard upside down?
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to say exactly because I'm not using it myself and I haven't tried the same components in any other case.. But the temperatures are well within safe limits and considering it's running at 4.2GHz with stock cooler I'd say that's pretty great. Although I'm suspecting it's mainly due to good chip as that's on stock voltage.

The case came with only one 120 exhaust fan in the back and it was running like that until late this summer when my brother started complaining that sometimes it'd just turn off. I looked at it and the case was just filled with dust.. like something you'd see inside vacuum cleaner, it was really bizzare. Cleaned it off and added those Fractal Design 140 fans and now it's running fine with the CPU maxing at like 80°C and GPU hovering around 65°C.

10+ Year Old Account
    All these fancy setups... while i haven't even looked inside mine before lol. Runs anything i throw at it but. Crysis 3 at full blast /shrug.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    All these fancy setups... while i haven't even looked inside mine before lol. Runs anything i throw at it but. Crysis 3 at full blast /shrug.
    What are the specs? i.e. CPU, GPU, etc.
    "A flower.

got my 4770k to 5.1ghz at 1.31volts, temps almost 97c, time to delid

http://cdn.overclock.net/6/69/900x90..._IMAG0356.jpeg

pic was taken for OCN but wutevz :P

still redoing all my sleeving, next up is the two pci-e cables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that looks gorgeous! Nice job man! 5.1GHz is impressive! If you want to, I have CPU and GPU OC threads in my siggy. ^_^
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post

That's a cool looking build, but no exhaust fan makes me cringe.

Also, they make spacers for fans (or you can make your own by gutting an old one). They'll reduce all the noise.

Fans are no where to skimp, espescially because you can get them so cheap. These are typically my go to: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103052

4 pack of Cooler Master 120mm fans. They're routinely less than $10 (right now they're $8). They're actually not bad fans at all. They move a good bit of air and are barely audible at 100%. I wouldn't use them on a radiator, but they're the best case fans for a budget build.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    That's a cool looking build, but no exhaust fan makes me cringe.
    There's actually one 120 exhaust on the roof (in the pic it's disguised in the shadows). I figured it'd be better to have 2x140 intakes and one 120 exhaust+PSU. There's a lot of holes in the side panel, roof and back so the hot air should exhaust naturally by the positive pressure.

Deleted
    ... no exhaust fans, sorry, but you dont quite know how fluid flow works, air will flow if something is making it work i.e intake fans, and air naturally goes from high pressure to low pressure, the work that an exhaust fan does is pittance, jet engines is nothing but a massive intake fan that gets massively pressured out the other end, the turbine on the rear bit is just to get it started from igniting the fuel.
    and yes, i just compared a turbine engine to a case, enclosed area, with a fan at the front, and lets not go into aerodynamics...

bottom line, air will always naturally go from high pressure to low pressure zones, which is why i always always recommend positive pressure over negative pressure, i.e more intakes to outtakes

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Etc

Who exactly are you responding to now?