1. #11701
    Dreadlord Basedqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    i posted a thread with the build a long time ago but thought i would throw it up here for new people

    this was a project i started and never fully finished here is the current parts list which will not match some of the pictures

    custom case from mountain mod with custom paint
    psu - seasonic 1250 gold
    mobo - asus maximus iv extreme z
    cpu - i7 2600k - 5.0ghz
    gpu 2x gtx titan
    ram - 64 gigs dom 2166mhz
    hdd - 2x caviar black 1tb in raid 0
    ssd - 2x samsung 840 pro 256g in raid 0
    cooling
    apogee rev 2 cpu block
    black ice 360 rad x2
    12x scythe gentle typhoon fans
    2x scythe 6way fan controller
    5port baybus for light switches
    everything is sleeved
    That's a pretty rad machine. I'll have to post mine after its built.
    Gaming Rig
    Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr | Corsair H80i | Asus z77 deluxe | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Corsair CX600 | WD 1TB HDD | Samsung 256 840 Pro SSD
    Success is 99 percent failure. -Soichiro Honda
    <3 my DA9

  2. #11702
    Stood in the Fire Loyrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    i posted a thread with the build a long time ago but thought i would throw it up here for new people

    this was a project i started and never fully finished here is the current parts list which will not match some of the pictures

    snip
    What are you going to use this for? Just curious, also what video cards are you going to get?
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > PoE.HC > Wushu v
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

  3. #11703
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    ....
    I admire the dedication and craftmanship. However i can't shake feeling there is a sort of '60's-bond-movie-prop' look to it :P

    Also seriously doubt the efficiency of 9fans all blowing in.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-08-15 at 03:31 PM.

  4. #11704
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I admire the dedication and craftmanship. However i can't shake feeling there is a sort of '60's-bond-movie-prop' look to it :P

    Also seriously doubt the efficiency of 9fans all blowing in.
    There are 12 fans total 3 of them are in the back
    6 blow in - 3 front 3 side
    6 out - 3 top 3 back
    The rads are on the front 3 and top 3

    As for gpus I put in 2 gtx titans mainly cause I could

  5. #11705
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    There are 12 fans total 3 of them are in the back
    6 blow in - 3 front 3 side
    6 out - 3 top 3 back
    The rads are on the front 3 and top 3

    As for gpus I put in 2 gtx titans mainly cause I could
    So the fan placement is not the same as shown in the picture then.

  6. #11706
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    So the fan placement is not the same as shown in the picture then.
    The location of the fans is the same I changed where the dvd and fan controllers as well as the bay reservoir to make room for the top mounted rad and fans

    Ill take new pictures at some point and post them just super busy with buying a new house with the wife

  7. #11707
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    I meant the fan direction is changed. Because in the picture they're all pulling in air. (atleast the 9 that are visible).

  8. #11708
    Nope if u look the side and the back are facing different direction s its hard to see in the pics but trust me they are

  9. #11709
    More fans doesn't necessarily mean more effective cooling.

    Still yet, impressive you've done.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

    Dell U2711 27" | Corsair K60 | Steelseries Sensei RAW | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

  10. #11710
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12,469
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    More fans doesn't necessarily mean more effective cooling.
    More fans means you don't need to run them as high, which means less noise which means more effective cooling. From a noise perspective at least.

  11. #11711
    A couple updates...





    Hopefully the windowed side panel doesn't cause too much of a heat issue. I've notched my exhaust fan up 10% for now. I also added a gold plated 120MM fan grill to the radiator. I got two of them for $5.

    The radiator has been rotated 90* counter-clockwise from that picture. I can now latch the top grill closed and the tubing doesn't have as much of a complex bend in it. It makes the grill more visible, too.

    Now that the only major vent is the top, double-filtered slot (and it's seated properly again), I should have very little issues with dust.

    The window looks good. I was worried how much would show. It's basically just the GPU and the top part of the radiator. It actually fits better than the original panel.

  12. #11712
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,026
    Looks cool, but what does that fan grill do exactly? It's just sitting there on the rad o_O

  13. #11713
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Looks cool, but what does that fan grill do exactly? It's just sitting there on the rad o_O
    Looks cool? Ha.

  14. #11714
    Dreadlord Basedqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    790
    Okay, so I'm waiting for my parts in the mail but this is gonna be my new machine

    Case (just came in): BitFenix Prodigy


    Processor: Intel i5 3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2 GHz
    RAM: Corsair vengeance 8gb
    HDD: WD Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair CX600 600w
    Motherboard: Asus Intel H77 mini-ITX P8H77-i
    CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2
    Graphics card: Asus GTX 760 2GB

    Any thoughts on how it would run?
    Gaming Rig
    Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr | Corsair H80i | Asus z77 deluxe | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Corsair CX600 | WD 1TB HDD | Samsung 256 840 Pro SSD
    Success is 99 percent failure. -Soichiro Honda
    <3 my DA9

  15. #11715
    Immortal Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    7,185
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0digy View Post
    Any thoughts on how it would run?
    Can you hear vague this question sounds? How well will it run what?

    The build looks good/decent should be able to handle most game on high+, no overclocking so there is some lost performance when it comes to CPU intensive games (like WoW and other MMOs)
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

  16. #11716
    Dreadlord Basedqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Can you hear vague this question sounds? How well will it run what?

    The build looks good/decent should be able to handle most game on high+, no overclocking so there is some lost performance when it comes to CPU intensive games (like WoW and other MMOs)
    Haha well like BF3, D3, Bioshock: Infinite & WoW to name some, & with the overclocking, I'm going to see how well it runs before I overclock but eventually I will in the future.
    Gaming Rig
    Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr | Corsair H80i | Asus z77 deluxe | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Corsair CX600 | WD 1TB HDD | Samsung 256 840 Pro SSD
    Success is 99 percent failure. -Soichiro Honda
    <3 my DA9

  17. #11717
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0digy View Post
    Okay, so I'm waiting for my parts in the mail but this is gonna be my new machine

    Case (just came in): BitFenix Prodigy

    Processor: Intel i5 3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2 GHz
    RAM: Corsair vengeance 8gb
    HDD: WD Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair CX600 600w
    Motherboard: Asus Intel H77 mini-ITX P8H77-i
    CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2
    Graphics card: Asus GTX 760 2GB

    Any thoughts on how it would run?
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0digy View Post
    Haha well like BF3, D3, Bioshock: Infinite & WoW to name some, & with the overclocking, I'm going to see how well it runs before I overclock but eventually I will in the future.
    Should run all those titles fine at 1080p, medium-high settings depending on how much FPS you're happy with.

    You won't be overclocking that CPU because it's a non-K chip (locked multiplier), and the GTX760 will OC to push out another 8-10% performance at the most.

    For further questions please either post in Computer Chat Thread, or shoot me a PM, or make your own thread (since this is going a bit offtopic :P)
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-16 at 12:41 AM.

  18. #11718
    Dreadlord Basedqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Should run great! That's a solid well-rounded build, obviously you're not doing any overclocking so it should run cool n' quiet. Is that your primary gaming build, or just an off-build?


    Should run all those titles fine at 1080p, settings medium-high depending on how much FPS you're happy with.

    You won't be overclocking that CPU because it's a non-K chip (locked multiplier), and the GTX760 will OC to push out another 8-10% performance at the most.
    For further questions please either post in Computer Chat Thread, or shoot me a PM, or make your own thread (since this is going a bit offtopic :P)
    Yeah it's my primary, eventually I wanna build an ATX with a water cooling system, but until then yeah it's my primary. And well I didn't notice that, maybe I'll upgrade to an i7 3770k by the end of the year.
    Thanks for the feedback! & true, it is haha
    Gaming Rig
    Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr | Corsair H80i | Asus z77 deluxe | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Corsair CX600 | WD 1TB HDD | Samsung 256 840 Pro SSD
    Success is 99 percent failure. -Soichiro Honda
    <3 my DA9

  19. #11719
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Should run all those titles fine at 1080p, medium-high settings depending on how much FPS you're happy with.

    You won't be overclocking that CPU because it's a non-K chip (locked multiplier), and the GTX760 will OC to push out another 8-10% performance at the most.

    For further questions please either post in Computer Chat Thread, or shoot me a PM, or make your own thread (since this is going a bit offtopic :P)
    I'd advise for him to just make his own thread with questions, since the chat thread is also not really for Q&A, rather just to stop us regulars for the most part from talking about beer and cheese.

    His own thread with custom title will get peoples' attention.

    Also, DON'T STEAL ALL THE ATTENTION!!! PM you only... PFFFFFF Scumbag Xuvial.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pr0digy View Post
    Yeah it's my primary, eventually I wanna build an ATX with a water cooling system, but until then yeah it's my primary. And well I didn't notice that, maybe I'll upgrade to an i7 3770k by the end of the year.
    Thanks for the feedback! & true, it is haha
    If you could afford it now, I'd just return the current CPU for an i7-3770K, as paying the full price later on will be such a minor increase in performance for such an exorbitant amount of money, hell I would just stick with the current one or get the i5-3570K, as you probably won't use an i7, anyways.

  20. #11720
    Last edited by Fauier; 2013-08-16 at 08:11 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •