TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    My experience is that that was rather the case of my (Sennheiser) headphones rather than sound card. Speakers sound amazing while flat. Headphones as well. But the cans really come to life with a lighter v/m-curve. The speakers get ruined with a curve.

I will fiddle around with the settings a bit Probably will have to make a couple of settings for music/games

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    My experience is that that was rather the case of my (Sennheiser) headphones rather than sound card. Speakers sound amazing while flat. Headphones as well. But the cans really come to life with a lighter v/m-curve. The speakers get ruined with a curve.
    Sennheisers tend to be pretty flat/laid-back by design and need a little boostie in the treble department for those seeking a slightly brighter sound. I've got mine amped slightly (32-64ohm setting) to liven things up, a little amping definitely helps even for low-impedance cans like HD558.

Can't really comment about speakers because I haven't really heard very many flat-response monitors, you're probably right about speakers not needing a curve. The closest thing I have to monitors are Microlab Solo 7c's serving as my stereo home theater speakers powered by an AudioEngine D1 - since it's a driver-free amp there is no EQ to speak of, I simply bump-up the speakers' treble knob a bit and they sound alright.

Meanwhile my PC speakers (Corsair SP2500's) seem to have been built with exploding entire houses in mind -_-

I'm really ignorant when it comes to EQ's and curves. Good thing the A5's don't require that much tuning to sound good :P

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I'm really ignorant when it comes to EQ's and curves. Good thing the A5's don't require that much tuning to sound good :P
    Picture? Not sure I remember what you have... or are you the one with the Adam Audio speakers? In that case, I hate you and hope you die so I can steal them.

No, but seriously, Adam Audio speakers are NICE. They look and sound FANTASTIC.

Never mind, just saw the pic in your sig links to your build, just some Audioengines.

You may continue living! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    i posted a thread with the build a long time ago but thought i would throw it up here for new people

this was a project i started and never fully finished here is the current parts list which will not match some of the pictures

custom case from mountain mod with custom paint
    psu - seasonic 1250 gold
    mobo - asus maximus iv extreme z
    cpu - i7 2600k - 5.0ghz
    gpu 2x gtx titan
    ram - 64 gigs dom 2166mhz
    hdd - 2x caviar black 1tb in raid 0
    ssd - 2x samsung 840 pro 256g in raid 0
    cooling
    apogee rev 2 cpu block
    black ice 360 rad x2
    12x scythe gentle typhoon fans
    2x scythe 6way fan controller
    5port baybus for light switches
    everything is sleeved
    Out of curiosity, why 64GB of RAM? For my work I used some powerful PC's for video-editing with 16-24GB of high speed RAM. 16GB of RAM already felt like an overkill when working on full HD projects. So I gotta ask, what are you running that is using all that RAM?

I can only think of playing 2 games simultaneously that you both record while editing a full HD movie, that or you are running Norton Anti Virus.

MSI HD 7970 OC 3072MB GDDR5 PCI
    Intel Core i5-3570K
    ASRock Z77 Pro4 Intel Z77
    Samsung Green 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
    Corsair Obsidian Series 550D PC case
    Samsung 250GB SSD
    Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB

Intel Core i5-3570K
    6GB DDR3
    ASUS HD 7850
    Samsung 500GB SSD

+ X360 .

New PC made (mostly) not done yet, need to get my fan controller, some more fans, a 2nd 760 superclocked, my H100 and some red LEDs to go inside. tho im like 90% done (apart from wireing in my speakers / 2nd monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Out of curiosity, why 64GB of RAM? For my work I used some powerful PC's for video-editing with 16-24GB of high speed RAM. 16GB of RAM already felt like an overkill when working on full HD projects. So I gotta ask, what are you running that is using all that RAM?

I can only think of playing 2 games simultaneously that you both record while editing a full HD movie, that or you are running Norton Anti Virus.
    Or he's doing real workstation tasks. :P Also, calling out Norton like that is a little unfair, since from what I've heard it isn't quite the same as it was, oh, 5 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post

um mainly cause when i switched my mobo and cpu recently *i posted my old cpu/mobo by mistake my current is 3970x on a asus rampage iv extreme the 2600k is what is pictured*
    but when i switched my cpu/mobo i upgraded my ram at same time and got a steal on 64gigs vs 32gigs both are way overkill but my whole machine is overkill

Stood in the Fire
    Got a new case, Switch 810. My god I love it.... it's like owning an HDD, then getting an SSD and never wanting to go back. FULL TOWER FTW.

http://i.imgur.com/RzxfoV4.jpg

Build isn't done, have a few things arriving next week to finish up.

- Swiftech MP655
    - Alphacool Repack Dual 5.25" Acrylic Reservoir
    Bleeding the XSPC pump/res. combo is impossible or something (pump is always noisy, slight hum). So I decided to get a new pump and res and will sell off the XSPC combo.
    - PrimoChill PRIMOFLEX™ Advanced LRT™ Elegant White
    - Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition x 2
    - Swiftech MCR220-QP 2X120mm Radiator
    Last edited by mercs213; 2013-08-18 at 03:19 AM.

um mainly cause when i switched my mobo and cpu recently *i posted my old cpu/mobo by mistake my current is 3970x on a asus rampage iv extreme the 2600k is what is pictured*
    but when i switched my cpu/mobo i upgraded my ram at same time and got a steal on 64gigs vs 32gigs both are way overkill but my whole machine is overkill
    i was about to comment "you can't have 64GB on a 2600k"

i7-4930K | RIVE | 32GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | Xonar Xense | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i was about to comment "you can't have 64GB on a 2600k"
    yea sandybridge fun huh cyanotical

yea sandybridge fun huh cyanotical
    idk if you noticed but SB-E is a whole different animal that SB, about all they really have in common is overclocking procedure, makes me curious about IB-E given that it's getting almost a year and a half of extra dev time over IB, much longer than the 10 months of extra dev time between SB and SB-E

thinking about it, IB cores with HW performance and enterprise L3 and stability, along with rumors of Titan-2 and HD9970, we'll be seeing some pretty awesome setups in this thread

i7-4930K | RIVE | 32GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | Xonar Xense | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    Got a new case, Switch 810. My god I love it.... it's like owning an HDD, then getting an SSD and never wanting to go back. FULL TOWER FTW.

http://i.imgur.com/RzxfoV4.jpg

Build isn't done, have a few things arriving next week to finish up.

- Swiftech MP655
    - Alphacool Repack Dual 5.25" Acrylic Reservoir
    Bleeding the XSPC pump/res. combo is impossible or something (pump is always noisy, slight hum). So I decided to get a new pump and res and will sell off the XSPC combo.
    - PrimoChill PRIMOFLEX™ Advanced LRT™ Elegant White
    - Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition x 2
    - Swiftech MCR220-QP 2X120mm Radiator
    Sexy! IMO that bottom rad would do better as intake, it will 1) make it positive pressure and 2) uses the cool air directly from outside to keep the rad cool instead of using the warmer air inside the case

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Sexy! IMO that bottom rad would do better as intake, it will 1) make it positive pressure and 2) uses the cool air directly from outside to keep the rad cool instead of using the warmer air inside the case
    True, I just had them positioned like that for the aesthetic value. I love the white rings! I may change them around next week.

I don't care what anyone says, I love my gaming laptop. I'm using it at a friend's house, and can stream anywhere I want... (Provided their interwebs are decent).

But as for at-home stats:

Intel Core i7 3630QM Quad
    DDR3 12GB
    GeForce GTX 670
    1980 x 1080 60hz Monitor, which cost a lot more than the smaller version of it ;'[

Around 25-30mpbs DL, 10 upload (I can edit the link in when I'm home).
    The upload is amazing for streaming though.

I just don't get why people really hate laptops. I plan on getting a full desktop rig as well when I have the money, but that's obviously only due to heat issues with the laptop. Portable gamezz iLove.

http://www.bubblews.com/assets/image...1374149592.jpg

Then again, I guess portability is a little bit inconvenient when a notebook weights over 9 pounds. ;p
    Last edited by Stuneree; 2013-08-18 at 08:47 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/ReidIsLive - High-End TF2 Streams <3

- Signature Credit to Darknstormy -

Quote Originally Posted by Stuneree View Post
    I just don't get why people really hate laptops. I plan on getting a full desktop rig as well when I have the money, but that's obviously only due to heat issues with the laptop. Portable gamezz iLove.
    The hate for laptops is mostly gone as the mobile market has ROCKETED in recent years and portability has become more important than ever. Nowadays if you say "I need a laptop for portability" I highly doubt you're going to get idiots going "booo laptop sux desktop is BETTAR".
    E.g. for someone who hops between different houses a lot or needs to go on vacation but still wants to play PC games, a laptop is perfect because they don't have to lug-around a freaking case + monitor + keyboard + mouse + cables + etc every time, that's just not possible.

Asus gaming laptops are great in general, decent power/stability albeit their 17" models can get really bulky (as you say)...but the point is you can still chuck it in a bag and carry it around, and it will run most games on decent settings
    Yeah sure you will always be able to build a vastly more powerful PC for the price of a gaming laptop, but what the hell, that's just the cost of an all-in-one portable system :P

Also I think your GPU is a GTX670M, not GTX 670, there is a pretty huge difference :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-18 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Yeah sure you will always be able to build a vastly more powerful PC for the price of a gaming laptop, but what the hell, that's just the cost of an all-in-one portable system :P
    the reality is that price vs performance is really only a sales term, and the more people realize it the less they complain, in truth it's cost vs value, is the value of something to you worth the cost?, once you realise that, the price vs performance argument just seems like childish rhetoric

for me it's worth it to spend more on something that is a better product