Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I tried. As soon as I found stores accepting orders I started trying to buy them. After having 4 different stores over 6 weeks placing orders on "back order", "sold out", or "shipping June 15, err 24, er July 3, err…" I just gave up. At stores I normally order from (ncix/newegg/memory express/etc) they were constantly listed as 'sold out', 'back order', or 'avilable soon'. Eventually I just gave up and decided to wait for some alternative. The shitty launch turned me off Crucial as a brand.

You can easily find smaller capacity drives (250/500gb are common) but the 1 TB disks are apparently very scarce. There's a store near my house that actually has the 750gb 840 but haven't put up the 1TB version. To be honest, I'm not convinced amazon will be better this time around: my expected shipping date is Aug 26 but I'm giving them until Sept 1 to ship before I just give up and wait for them to show up in local shops.
    Yeah, I figured it had to do with that. I just did a quick look around for the 1 TB drives (m500/840 EVO) and both seem to be in stock in just about every store. Either they arent that popular over here, or we just got more of them :P

The usual online stores for me are:
    I've had good luck with each of them and tend not to shop elsewhere (aside from apple.com) if I can help it.

Amazon is listing it as out of stock now too. There are comments/reviews but when you read them, they're people who have the 250gb version. (It's also listed at $720, my order was $670/ea). That sort of thing makes me nervous because the exact same nonsense happened with the Crucial disks. Your ship date comes, they push it back a week…then another…
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

I have been following this thread for a wile now, figure its about time to post my set up seeing as i just got me a new monitor stand.

Case - COOLER MASTER HAF 912
    CPU - i5 3570k [email protected]
    CPU Cooler - Cooler Master hyper 212
    Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V
    GPU - Sapphire 7950 Vapor-x
    RAM - G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) @2133
    SSD 1 - OCZ vertex 4 128GB (boot drive)
    SSD 2 - OCZ agility 3 240GB
    HDD - WD red 1TB
    PSU - SeaSonic 750w x-series 80+ gold
    fans - 2x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition (on CPU cooler)
    2x Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition (back exhaust and side panel intake)
    2x BitFenix Spectre LED Orange 200mm (front intake and top exhaust, originally wanted an orange theme but i scraped that)

Peripherals
    Monitor 1 - Dell UltraSharp U2312HM IPS 23"
    Monitor 2 - SAMSUNG S24B30BL 23.6"
    Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K60 (I want the K70 black so bad but I cant rationalize paying that much for such a small upgrade)
    Mouse - Logitech G9x Call of Duty: MW3 Edition (so much cheaper than the normal one. I'm about ready to paint over the logo)
    Headset - Logitech G930
    Speakers - Monoprice 6 1/2" 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers
    Sub - Monoprice 8" 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer
    Amp - Lepai LP-2020A+

My future plans for upgrades are a new CPU cooler, most likely an H100i or something around there and a new chair! Other than those two things I'm really happy with this build. It was my first "gaming" computer and self build, built around 7/20/12 with a few upgrades what you now see. Maybe a second 7950 later down the road for Xfire.

Ok ok, enough with the text. Here is what you really want, PICS!
    (sorry they aren't that great of quality)
    http://imgur.com/a/L34kv#0
    Last edited by Ethan191; 2013-08-25 at 02:06 AM.

Great looking setup Ethan, though the interior of the case makes me puke inside alittle :/
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Great looking setup Ethan, though the interior of the case makes me puke inside alittle :/
    What...? He's done a great job of cable management, that's about as good as it can get with a HAF912.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    What...? He's done a great job of cable management, that's about as good as it can get with a HAF912.
    The lack of coloring that is what I meant.
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    The lack of coloring that is what I meant.
    Can't see anything bad about that. It's black/blue/silver/white. Actually quite decent if you ask me (maybe change the rings on the corsair fans to blue). It's not as if he has some Biostar or Asrock Clown Board in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    Can't see anything bad about that. It's black/blue/silver/white. Actually quite decent if you ask me (maybe change the rings on the corsair fans to blue). It's not as if he has some Biostar or Asrock Clown Board in there...
    I think he is referring to the inside of the case, non-painted interior of the HAF.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

Also the SP120's are not meant as casefans.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Also the SP120's are not meant as casefans.
    It's good that he's not using them as such, then?

I got to say I love the wallpaper the most. As well as just the general mood of the room, looks dark and cozy. HAF 912 isn't half that bad I mean it looks like a big blob of plastic from the outside like they all do but the inside is actually pretty sleek and clean I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Yeah i misread, he's using AF120's on the case.

Ya, the HAF is a bit ugly on the inside but it has no windows so i don't really mind and i kinda dig the aggressive look of the outside. Although, if I was going to change cases it would be a corsair one, probably the 650D or a C70(even tho I would still probably get some flack from others, I like it). The budget to originally build this was tight, and a case at the time seemed like a great place to save a bunch and this one was only $50 so i cant complain. When i first picked out parts the last thing on my mind was color coordination, just solid performance for a good price. I don't think I paid full price on anything but just a few parts most of it i got on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    maybe when I get bored and want to do some tinkering inside, I'll switch the rings out and see but I'm just not a big fan of blue. I agree that it dose need more color tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post

I got to say I love the wallpaper the most. As well as just the general mood of the room, looks dark and cozy. HAF 912 isn't half that bad I mean it looks like a big blob of plastic from the outside like they all do but the inside is actually pretty sleek and clean I think.
    Thanks! I cant really find any other wallpaper that i like more.Whenever I change it, always come back to this one.

my brother's X79 Dark came in, i can't wait till ivy-e to order one for myself,

the NH-D14 does fit:

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

That is one heck of a sexy motherboard, Cyan.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

i just placed my pre-order for the red harbringer desk!!!

http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...k/#prettyPhoto

http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...n-cross-desk/#

i cant wait here is the computer that's going in it, as i just got a bonus at work im geeking out and going all out on this build as my wife has told me its the last build for 5 years

cpu -i7 3970x
    mobo - asus rampage iv extreme
    ram - 64g ddr3-2133 corsair dominator platinum or ripjaws z series have not made a decision yet
    gpu - 2x asus titans
    ssd - 4x samsung 840 pro 512g 2x in raid 0 and 2 separate
    hdd - 2x caviar black 1tb in raid 0 -fraps drive + misc storage for work files*
    power - evga nex1500w - fully sleeved *mdpc sleeving*
    os - windows 8 pro oem 64bit of course
    sound card - asus xonar essence STX

cpu/mobo/both gpus will all be water cooled on 2x separate loops

i have not come up with a color scheme yet and open to ideas

cyan/xuvial/deltrus i welcome you guys feedback, cyan do i wait for ivy-e? what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    cyan/xuvial/deltrus i welcome you guys feedback, cyan do i wait for ivy-e? what are your thoughts?
    Launch is supposed to be like the day after tomorrow together with haswell i3's, I'd say why not.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

i just placed my pre-order for the red harbringer desk!!!

http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...k/#prettyPhoto

http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...n-cross-desk/#

i cant wait here is the computer that's going in it, as i just got a bonus at work im geeking out and going all out on this build as my wife has told me its the last build for 5 years

cpu -i7 3970x
    mobo - asus rampage iv extreme
    ram - 64g ddr3-2133 corsair dominator platinum or ripjaws z series have not made a decision yet
    gpu - 2x asus titans
    ssd - 4x samsung 840 pro 512g 2x in raid 0 and 2 separate
    hdd - 2x caviar black 1tb in raid 0 -fraps drive + misc storage for work files*
    power - evga nex1500w - fully sleeved *mdpc sleeving*
    os - windows 8 pro oem 64bit of course
    sound card - asus xonar essence STX

cpu/mobo/both gpus will all be water cooled on 2x separate loops

i have not come up with a color scheme yet and open to ideas

waste of money and IB-E comes out in about 10 days

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    waste of money and IB-E comes out in about 10 days
    When you're not only buying hardware, but also desks to contain it, you're past the "I'm buying because I need it" and far into the enthusiast range. Nothing strange about that.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    When you're not only buying hardware, but also desks to contain it, you're past the "I'm buying because I need it" and far into the enthusiast range. Nothing strange about that.
    exactly its not a matter of money, yes i know the build is overkill. HELL half the build is over kill, thats not the point. I know how stable sandy-e is but i have not had time to read up on ivy-e like i should

exactly its not a matter of money, yes i know the build is overkill. HELL half the build is over kill, thats not the point. I know how stable sandy-e is but i have not had time to read up on ivy-e like i should
    IB-E for the most part has native PCIe3, and a better memory controller, it should have all of the advantages of IB and none of the TIM problems

personally i will be going for the 4930K

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s