Disregard

/10 char
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2013-10-21 at 06:31 AM.

Retired - 2005(Mar)-2015(Oct) | My PC and Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    Kind of old pics by now, thought I'd post them anyways before I change some stuff up.
    When I got the Define R4 and H100i, being a lazy ass

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013
    Mouse: Logitech G600
    Monitor: Asus PB278Q

Asus GTX 670 DirectCu II SLI
    Asus Sabertooth z77
    Corsair HX650
    Fractal Design Define R4
    Intel i5 3570k overclocked at 4.5Ghz (with Corsair H100i)
    Ocz Agility 3 60GB
    Ocz Verex 3 240GB
    8GB (2x4) 1333mhz CL9 DDR3 RAM

Going to buy a new PSU so I can sell my current one to a friend along with my old GTX 580. Maybe complete overkill, however I intend to get the Corsair AX1200 for absolute future proofing, along with Corsair's individually sleeved cables (white). After that, Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition fans for the case and AF120 Performance fans for the h100i radiator. This gon b gud.
    Few things:

1. How do you like the ASUS PB278Q?
    2. How do you think a Corsair AX1200 would be 'absolute future proofing'?

I have a critique on the idea of it being future proofing, that being, power consumption for most computer parts is going down to the point of, people are starting to be able to run overclocked dual GPU systems with relatively lower wattage requirements. Where a 1000w PSU used to be absolutely required for such a thing, now? Not so much. Hell, what I can say is based on your system, you are pulling very minimal wattage from the wall, and the AX1200 would not only be 'complete overkill' (note word usage of would, not maybe) but also just a stupid waste of money. Save yourself some money and just go with an AX750i, if you must go with something overkill but be 'future-proofing' as much as I hate the term. Unless you plan to go 4xSLI+Intel 6 core OC'd and 2400MHz memory... it would be foolish.

Oh, don't forget the 8 HDDs and 4 SSDs.

Obviously, you can already tell your HX650 is handling your 2x670s OC'd and your CPU OC'd decently.

Other than that critique, I like the build!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Few things:

I have a critique on the idea of it being future proofing, that being, power consumption for most computer parts is going down to the point of, people are starting to be able to run overclocked dual GPU systems with relatively lower wattage requirements. Where a 1000w PSU used to be absolutely required for such a thing, now? Not so much. Hell, what I can say is based on your system, you are pulling very minimal wattage from the wall, and the AX1200 would not only be 'complete overkill' (note word usage of would, not maybe) but also just a stupid waste of money. Save yourself some money and just go with an AX750i, if you must go with something overkill but be 'future-proofing' as much as I hate the term. Unless you plan to go 4xSLI+Intel 6 core OC'd and 2400MHz memory... it would be foolish.

Obviously, you can already tell your HX650 is handling your 2x670s OC'd and your CPU OC'd decently.

I don't think many understand that a quality PSU running at 40-60% utilization delivers much more stable power and reduced power consumption compared to a quality PSU running at 10% utilization.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Few things:

Yeah I may have gotten a bit too excited looking at power consumption of crazy cards like the HD 7990 (One review I saw stated 555W at 100% load).
    This is why I don't like having a lot of money in my hands for spending, I end up doing stupid things on a whim. :P

Anyhow, to the ASUS PB278Q - I can't provide much of a comparison to other IPS (kind of) or 1440p monitors since it's my first one, however I'll say that it's absolutely gorgeous compared to 1080p and TN-panels. Looking at it alongside my old monitor, I notice the colours are completely off on the TN-panel monitor. It looks like it has a blue overlay on it.
    The pixel density of 1440p made more differences than I expected, most notably for text everywhere; it's much more pleasant to read (Even in WoW text somehow looks much better). Speaking of games, it also reduces the need for anti-aliasing by a LOT. It IS nearly 2x the pixel count of 1080p afterall. That being said, it does require some beefy GPU power to run games well. :P
    Responsiveness and such were a slight concern before purchasing, however slightly tweaking the "trace free" option on the monitor, I really can't recognize any ghosting or such compared to my old monitor.
    To sum things up, I absolutely love the monitor and I do not believe I can ever go back to TN-panels or 1080p. I hope we can some day have 120hz without overclocking on these types of monitors. I would absolutely recommend the monitor though. :P

Technically we already have 120Hz capability on 1440p... the monitor manufacturers are just being lazy.
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    Yeah I may have gotten a bit too excited looking at power consumption of crazy cards like the HD 7990 (One review I saw stated 555W at 100% load).
    Check again. That's most likely full system load.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Check again. That's most likely full system load.
    You're absolutely right. Now I feel even more stupid. :P
    I guess the absolute maximum if I wish to go for it would be something like AX860 then I guess... and even that would be way overkill. Not sure if the "i" versions are worth it for me either.

Edit: Actually no, I checked the original place I saw it at once more;

But those AMD cards aren't exactly efficient compared to their nvidia counterparts there :P
    Last edited by Sagryth; 2013-10-10 at 11:03 PM.

Technically we already have 120Hz capability on 1440p... the monitor manufacturers are just being lazy.
    I don't feel it's that simple, mainly because response time is something people tend to skip-over when talking about refresh rates. Certain Catleap/QNIX 1440p monitors can be overclocked to roughly ~85-90hz (which is great), but beyond that the response time starts interfering and it starts having backwards effects like stutter and in some cases horrible tearing due to the response times varying between 6ms and 15ms.

Meanwhile Asus and BenQ have 144hz 1ms models...and I really have my doubts whether IPS can achieve that @ 1440p. My next monitor upgrade will most likely be a product along those lines, until then my Asus 120hz will remain my primary gaming monitor (till it dies I guess :P).

So I made some clutter-related changes to my setup and added the GTX 780
    http://i.imgur.com/4PfZnnN.jpg
    http://imgur.com/a/CboQu#0

Pics of my brother's new PC that I made today featuring a Thermaltake Level 10 GT (black) case will be added probably tomorrow!

Edit: Sorry for cruddy phone picture quality
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    So I made some clutter-related changes to my setup and added the GTX 780
    http://i.imgur.com/4PfZnnN.jpg
    http://imgur.com/a/CboQu#0
    Edit: Sorry for cruddy phone picture quality
    That case looks stunning, but the white (they look white in some of the pics, but blue in others) fans and white cables really do add a touch of class to it. The (690? Titan?) looks decent, I'm just disappointed that they never made a version with a white cooler shroud (instead of the unpainted slate metal colour).

You know what'd make it even more awesome - painting a Sabertooth's 'cover' white and getting some white Corsair RAM (or some Dominator platinum) and perhaps a white backplate for the card

Damn, now you made me want a white 900D or white 750D

The light picture is definitely easier to view! XD

Also, white case folk unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    That case looks stunning, but the white (they look white in some of the pics, but blue in others) fans and white cables really do add a touch of class to it. The (690? Titan?) looks decent, I'm just disappointed that they never made a version with a white cooler shroud (instead of the unpainted slate metal colour).

You know what'd make it even more awesome - painting a Sabertooth's 'cover' white and getting some white Corsair RAM (or some Dominator platinum) and perhaps a white backplate for the card

Damn, now you made me want a white 900D or white 750D
    Specs in sig for that build! Yeah the card is a 780 and I would've loved to have found the Galaxy GTX 780 HoF for the white PCB and everything but it wasn't available here and I got this GTX 780 brand new still in box sealed for 1600AED/$435, much lower than the normal market price for those here which is 2600-3000AED/$700-$815). It works well with the Storm Stryker!

You know whats funny, right before seeing your post I just finished changing out the RAM to Corsair Vengeance LP white RAM! ( http://gear-up.me/ddr3-corsair-venge...00mhz-cl9.html )

It actually really makes everything look better. A while back I had the Corsair H100i LED set to white, but that was before I got a reference GTX 780 that pushed me to match the green glow effect.

Tomorrow or something I'll add pics of how my build looks like with the white RAM and how my brother's Thermaltake Level 10 GT build looks!

- - - Updated - - -

If I wasn't so busy with school and had time and money to burn and learn how to do things like custom loops, I would've gotten some white coolant or distilled water dyed white with white tubing and watercooled the 780 and CPU as well as have occupied all 4 RAM slots with the white RAM and painted some parts (I think they're heatsinks) white.

The white GPU backplate seems feasible if its easy to install and available at a reasonable price! Very limited variety here in the United Arab Emirates, though! Do you know of any white GTX 780 backplates maybe I could try to look for one here?

- - - Updated - - -

As promised!

My very slightly updated rig!
    Changes:
    1. Corsair H100i LED set to cycle all colors
    2. Swapped out blue RAM for Corsair Vengeance LP white RAM
    3. Changed desktop wallpaper
    4. Removed Corsair K70 keyboard's wrist rest thingy

http://imgur.com/a/IKIYr#0

And my brother's casual gaming build! CPU, GPU, and PSU, keyboard, were spare parts of mine!
    Specs:
    CPU: i5-2320
    CPU cooler: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer
    Motherboard: MSI B75A-G43 GAMING
    RAM: 2x4GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX blue RAM
    PSU: 600w Cooler Master Silent Pro Modular
    SSD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
    HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB (Windforce cooler)
    Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT
    Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2012
    Mouse: Razer Naga 2012
    Monitor: LG IPS237 (frameless, 1920x1080)
    Operating System: 64bit Windows 7 Professional
    Wi-Fi: Linksys AE3000 USB WiFi adapter
    Audio: Some really good (and loud) Creative speaker system that I forgot the model number of!

http://imgur.com/a/q4kC7#0

I took 20 new photos of my own build and tried to upload them all but only one pic did, how sad.
    Last edited by tetrisGOAT; 2013-10-14 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Fixed URL's; "Updated" screws auto-links up. :)
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

Ripox, what is that analog controller on the far right in this photo: http://i.imgur.com/Mp8y4pvh.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Ripox, what is that analog controller on the far right in this photo: http://i.imgur.com/Mp8y4pvh.jpg

Thanks
    thats a PS3 controller

i7-6700K | Z170 Class. K | 16GB DDR4-3200 | GTX-980ti | Samsung 950 Pro RAID0 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | Lian Li PC-07S
    ROG Swift PG348Q | Ducky DSX | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

Just a ps3 controller with some tape (brother got owned in fifa)

Ah damn, alright. Thought it was some PC-oriented controller with independent d-pad buttons that closely resembled the PS3 one :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Ah damn, alright. Thought it was some PC-oriented controller with independent d-pad buttons that closely resembled the PS3 one :P
    nah, sony has a pretty tight grip on the copyright for that design, they only really let partners like logitech make anything similar, but nobody is allowed to directly copy it

the only downside to this is that they never made it PC compatible by default, which sucks because its a much better controller than the 360 controller

i7-6700K | Z170 Class. K | 16GB DDR4-3200 | GTX-980ti | Samsung 950 Pro RAID0 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | Lian Li PC-07S
    ROG Swift PG348Q | Ducky DSX | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

dualshock 4 is Windows compatible, though

After playing with xbox one and ps4 controllers though, Xbox One is much better and i was never a fan of 360 controller

Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    dualshock 4 is Windows compatible, though

After playing with xbox one and ps4 controllers though, Xbox One is much better and i was never a fan of 360 controller
    I can't wait to try the SteamOS controller though. I have tried both the Xbox One and PS4 and I liked them equally.
    The one with the best OS support gets my support though.
    Skylake & Pascal gaming build 2016
    6700K | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV | Corsair LPX 16GB | GTX 1080 Gaming X |
    S850 EVO 500GB | Corsair RM750x | Razer BW Chroma - Razer Deathadder Chroma | Asus Rog 1440p 165Hz IPS |

Points to whoever figures out what's going on with these two pictures.