1. #12121
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    tetrisGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    13,640
    Have you tried temperature difference between only pull? Because I doubt there's a lot of them; Then again, I guess the other fan is left out on a whole. I'd have liked a thicker 120mm rad personally, if you have motherboard clearance.
    Otherwise, I quite like small form-factor builds.

  2. #12122
    Dreadlord Ripox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    839
    I've heard the CX series get a lot of flack as far as longevity goes. By the looks of it, swapping out the PSU if the CX does die off wouldn't be very fun.

    I respect what you've done, though. Very nice
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

  3. #12123
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Have you tried temperature difference between only pull? Because I doubt there's a lot of them; Then again, I guess the other fan is left out on a whole. I'd have liked a thicker 120mm rad personally, if you have motherboard clearance.
    Otherwise, I quite like small form-factor builds.
    I had an H80 in there prior to going back to the H60. It fits quite well actually but since it can only use 1 fan due to space, the rad gets kinda superheated by the gpu and it actually gives far worse temps. This very cabinet was really tricky to get as cool as a bigger tower but it was alot of fun perfecting it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    I've heard the CX series get a lot of flack as far as longevity goes. By the looks of it, swapping out the PSU if the CX does die off wouldn't be very fun.

    I respect what you've done, though. Very nice
    The CX600W was chosen due to size and longevity actually. I build alot of computers, I fix alot of computers for people as well. In my book the CX series is not really any more problematic than other PSU's. Should it die and I have to do everything all over again I believe I would actuallyt enjoy that lol.

  4. #12124
    The Patient Guruftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    220
    the WASD buttons look nice but they feel awful, too pointy.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

  5. #12125
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I don't think you guys will have a hard time figuring out what I just got today.

    http://i.imgur.com/ONBg1TVl.png
    http://i.imgur.com/UOlp67Ml.png
    Is this the K70. IF so how do you like it.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-10-21 at 12:59 PM.

  6. #12126
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    the WASD buttons look nice but they feel awful, too pointy.
    Keep in mind you can swap those keys out, Corsair throw in the "normal" WASD keys as well (I'm pretty sure).

  7. #12127
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Annthrax View Post
    Is this the K70? If so how do you like it?
    a quick thought i had on mine: (i have two models with MX Blues switches)

    new K70 the switches look like MXBlues, but i think they are fake, they don't sound or feel like real blues, and some are just tactile, no click sound

    overall, it feels made as cheap as possible, there is not consistent sound across the board, nor consistent feel between keys, its very disappointing, and given the issues i had receiving them, i've not been impressed by corsair, and am leaning towards staying away from their products for the time being

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Corsair throw in the "normal" WASD keys as well (I'm pretty sure).
    they do, the contoured caps come in a separate bag

    i7-6700K | Z170 Class. K | 16GB DDR4-3200 | GTX-980ti | Samsung 950 Pro RAID0 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | Lian Li PC-07S
    ROG Swift PG348Q | Ducky DSX | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

  8. #12128
    redid my loop really quick, decided to take a quick pic, only going with one titan in this build for now till mid nov, might sell the other titan, might end up keeping it, who knows:P



    sorry for the crappy phone pic.

    in this build -

    i7 4770k @ 4.8ghz 1.25v
    asus maximus vi hero rev1
    evga superclock gtx titan @ 1202/3251
    second titan, as previously mentioned, removed till mid nov.
    evga 1000w g2 psu

  9. #12129
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    17,216
    Damn that looks awesome! And those are some strong overclocks! Would love to see you post in both my CPU and GPU OC leaderboard threads!

    Also, why remove the second Titan? What is it doing in the meantime? Lying around gathering dust?
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2013-10-21 at 07:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  10. #12130
    Might end up selling it to a friend for cheap and grab either a 290x or 780ti to head off vs this titan im using atm, if the 290x and 780ti fail to impress ill probably just put it back in :P

    i can get the 4770k to do 5.2 but it needs 1.27v for that and the temps are just 1c shy of the throttling point lol, i really need to delid this thing.

    the titan i have now can pass 3dmark and unigine valley at upwards of 1350+core and 3900+ memory with 1.35v with the afterburner hack, ill post in your threads soon

  11. #12131
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    17,216
    I thought you said your CPU can do 5GHz at 1.3v, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  12. #12132
    thats a different 4770k :P and that one is already delidded

    i have two rigs atm im using, both with 4770ks and titans in them.

    made this into my main one now

  13. #12133
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    17,216
    Would you like your toast with jelly or jam?

    AKA I'm jealous to an unhealthy degree right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  14. #12134
    haha :P ill take jelly please

  15. #12135
    Blademaster Nickcraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    43


    This is my office. Did this build about a year ago. Just needed something a little better to perform with.

    EVGA GeForce GTX480 1536MB GDDR5 Dual DVI, HDMI, SLI Graphics Cards 015-P3-1480-KR
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core Processor (OC to 4.6ghz)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115072

    Cooler Master HAF 912 - Mid Tower Computer Case with High Airflow Design (RC-912-KKN1)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular Hihg Performance Power Supply
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817341018

    16GB G.SKILL Ripjaqs X Series DDR3 1866 Memory
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231455

    Razer Blackwidow Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

    Rosewill Audio USB Gaming Headset
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826193055

    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103099

    OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD Harddrive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227725

    ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157296

    2 Ikea Desk - Table Tops
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99000690/
    Last edited by Nickcraft; 2013-10-21 at 04:11 PM.

  16. #12136
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    a quick thought i had on mine: (i have two models with MX Blues switches)

    new K70 the switches look like MXBlues, but i think they are fake, they don't sound or feel like real blues, and some are just tactile, no click sound

    overall, it feels made as cheap as possible, there is not consistent sound across the board, nor consistent feel between keys, its very disappointing, and given the issues i had receiving them, i've not been impressed by corsair, and am leaning towards staying away from their products for the time being

    - - - Updated - - -



    they do, the contoured caps come in a separate bag
    Well shit!! I am looking to picking one up and I am going to try out Cherry MX reds and need das keyboard now!!! Not sure which keyboard to get now.

  17. #12137
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Annthrax View Post
    Well shit!! I am looking to picking one up and I am going to try out Cherry MX reds and need das keyboard now!!! Not sure which keyboard to get now.
    http://www.daskeyboard.com/

    take my review with a grain of salt, im used to much higher end keyboards, the K70 is still much better than any membrane on the market, and still better than CM's in house keyboards (the TKLs are made by Filco)

    it's certainly the best looking keyboard on the market, but it feels like they rushed out the new models and didn't bother to bin them for quality

    i7-6700K | Z170 Class. K | 16GB DDR4-3200 | GTX-980ti | Samsung 950 Pro RAID0 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | Lian Li PC-07S
    ROG Swift PG348Q | Ducky DSX | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

  18. #12138
    The Patient Guruftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Keep in mind you can swap those keys out, Corsair throw in the "normal" WASD keys as well (I'm pretty sure).
    Ye I know that, I own that keyboard myself the K70 that is.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

  19. #12139
    One of the fans on the radiator became 'broken' making an awful grinding noise all the time.

    Get new fans, it'll be quieter they said. It's easy and fun they said!

    After about 30 minutes of dicking with screws on my dining room table I got bored.
    Finish tomorrow. Lesson learned: if there's even a tiny spidy-sense that you might
    have to change something later - just spend the money up front and be done with it
    in the first place.
    Last edited by evn; 2013-10-22 at 02:00 AM.

  20. #12140
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    17,216
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    One of the fans on the radiator became 'broken' making an awful grinding noise all the time.

    Get new fans, it'll be quieter they said. It's easy and fun they said!

    After about 30 minutes of dicking with screws on my dining room table I got bored.
    Finish tomorrow. Lesson learned: if there's even a tiny spidy-sense that you might
    have to change something later - just spend the money up front and be done with it
    in the first place.
    I disagree, not in all circumstances is this a smart move. It's actually a pretty bad move and you'll likely buy more than you need. Quite often you'll think you need more at first than you actually do. For instance, when I first built my own computer, I thought I needed more fans than I did. I ended up buying like 3 extra fans that did absolutely nothing to my temperatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •