sexy stuff!
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

Very cool setup. Have you considered moving the sound card to the top PCI-E slot for better airflow for graphics cards?
    i5 4690k ♦ Z97-A ♦ GTX 760 SLI ♦ 8 GB ♦ 120Gb + 1Tb + 4Tb ♦ Define R4
    Muh Paladin

it didn't want to work in that slot, have to look it up in the manual some time. Would love to have it there

Quote Originally Posted by voryon View Post
    Meh, i wish my 670 had that sidebrace like the new DCII coolers have. Mine sags quite a bit..
    Might have to make one of those myself one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Been a while now since http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post14832183

SSDs/HDDs are gone now, replaced with a single 750GB Samsung 840 EVO. RAPID is so stupidly fast....

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...0Build/SSD.png

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/25/negyhujy.jpg
    Try something that doesn't fit completely into cache (ie: 2GB with ATTO, or try something like AS-SSD). Larger workloads simulate copying a game or backing up some video). The problem with these benchmarks is that they write some data out, then read it back in (so it's certain to be in cache all of the time). In the real world you're forced to go out to disk to populate your cache; though subsequent read/writes are going to be quick provided they hit the same files. It has some advantages (like grouping operations by delaying them slightly) but those tend to be inflated when testing benchmarks of this kind (you can see that in the way your read/write speeds are so inconsistent despite that it's rated for roughly 530mb/s read and write).

When I did some "real world" testing (backing up a few git repositories with hundreds of thousands of files, backing up/restoring uncompressed video) I found the 840 EVO was consistently slower than an 840 Pro by around 3+/-5% (so occasionally it would complete a copry faster, but typically it is a bit slower). The EVO is still a good disk - it's cost effective and comes in very large sizes, but it's not the highest performance option. If you want > 512gb there's certainly no better choice.

For the most part I've been unimpressed with RAPID (using a 1TB 840 Evo). Apart from the above mentioned issues (I bought mine to make backups faster) it doesn't work unless you have the most simple disk system. RAID? No deal. ESATA? No deal. More than one 840 Evo? Nope, not working. For people who want legitimately fast disk performance RAPID is either useless or it just gets in the way of more feature complete software. As a free option for somebody that's only going to own one SSD and maybe a hard disk it's not terrible, but as you creep into higher-end disk configurations it just falls on it's face.

EDIT:
    If you like the performance increases you see on benchmarks for the 840 Evo and don't mind the additional risk that using RAM-caches for disks can cause (you've got good backups right?) then try supercache or primocache. I see roughly the same 'amount' of speed up, but the performance gains are even better when dealing with very small file sizes.

It allows you to control caching algorithms (eg. only cache reads so that data loss can't happen). It works with any brand, model, or size of SSD. It can delay writes and trim them in memory if they're deleted before they're written to disk (eg. temp files when you're compiling or installing software) and you can use as much memory as you like (got Socket 2011 + 64gb of ram? now you can put it to work when you're not in After Effects). Plus you can cache multiple drives: your SSD, your data HDD, a scratch disk all at the same time with different algorithms/techniques appropriate to their use.

Pic:

My only complaint (and it's with ATTO specifically) is that benchmarks can be inconsistent. Sometimes you'll test and see that like 8mb or 32kb sizes are in the gutter and then the next run it's fine. Other tools (Anvil, AS SSD, etc. don't show that behavior), likewise I don't see the performance problem doing "real work" - though I suppose reducing wear and tear on SSDs might be worth considering if you're super paranoid and don't believe the tests that show usable life is in the hundreds of years under ordinary circumstances.
    Last edited by evn; 2013-11-12 at 02:07 AM.

Been a while now since http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post14832183

Current specs:
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Corsair HX1050W
    Gigabyte X79-UD5
    Intel i7 3930K & Corsair H100 (Push/Pull with 4x bequiet Shadow Wings)
    4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz
    750GB Samsung 840 EVO
    nVidia GTX TITAN
    3 x iiyama ProLite 24"
    Razer Naga Epic
    Logitech G510

SSDs/HDDs are gone now, replaced with a single 750GB Samsung 840 EVO. RAPID is so stupidly fast....

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...0Build/SSD.png

I've been through a LOT of GPUs since, had SLI 4GB 680s, then Crossfire 7950s, then a single 7950, then a 4GB Asus DCU2 670, then I got a fantastic deal on a TITAN (£450 when they retail at £750-£850) which I couldn't say no to. Have had the triple monitors for quite some time now as well. Managed to snag myself one of the NZXT HUE RGB LED controllers which at the time were almost impossible to get a hold of in the UK.

I also moved house and built my own desk! Spot the WoW blade!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/25/negyhujy.jpg
    What mousepad are you using mate?

After having tweaking and trying the 780 Ti in a wide part of different games I can finally take it out of my system for some pictures!
    My first reaction when opening the card was how heavy and robust this card feels, it just has a "premium" feel to it.
    I just wish AMD would have done the same for their reference cards, because this card is just very quiet even at 50%+ fan speed.

Doesn't this card just look incredibly seexy?

Yes the H60 is upside down, but I don't like having the tube close to my hot GPU.

Sleeved blue cables incoming!
    Skylake & Pascal gaming build 2016
    6700K | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV | Corsair LPX 16GB | GTX 1080 Gaming X |
    S850 EVO 500GB | Corsair RM750x | Razer BW Chroma - Razer Deathadder Chroma | Asus Rog 1440p 165Hz IPS |

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    What mousepad are you using mate?
    It's called the Boogiebug XL, about £15 in the UK http://www.scan.co.uk/products/boogi...ace-large-size

Toffie - very nice card, how do you find it? I had the decision of either Titan or 780Ti, as the Titan was only £450 and the 780Ti was pushing £560, I went for the former for the time being!
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Burning Legion EU - Fieran (Feral/Guardian) | Elite Dangerous (NoMercy)
    Played: EVE - 37mil SP | Rift Mage | Guild Wars 2 - Mesmer | SW:TOR Sage | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    i7 3930K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - GTX Titan SLI - Samsung 750GB 840 EVO - Corsair 540 - Full WC - Triple 1440p Monitors

That boogiebug mat is such a nice deal, I have to find a way to order it to Finland.
    Muh Paladin

After a quick search on UK postage, it looks to be roughly double that to post to Finland/Europe.

So around £30 or so, which is around 36 euros at the moment.
    Digital Rumination
    Played: EVE - 37mil SP | Rift Mage | Guild Wars 2 - Mesmer | SW:TOR Sage | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    i7 3930K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - GTX Titan SLI - Samsung 750GB 840 EVO - Corsair 540 - Full WC - Triple 1440p Monitors

Hmmh, at that price I won't bite. I already sent them an email to see what their offer is, though.
    Muh Paladin

Toffie - very nice card, how do you find it? I had the decision of either Titan or 780Ti, as the Titan was only £450 and the 780Ti was pushing £560, I went for the former for the time being!
    Thats a very nice deal! Great buy

It's very quiet under load, have the card at 1170MHz on stock voltage and it eats any game I throw at it.
    BF4 runs at 100-120 fps, but the great thing about it is how smooth it feels in-game, I really like this card!
    Skylake & Pascal gaming build 2016
    6700K | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV | Corsair LPX 16GB | GTX 1080 Gaming X |
    S850 EVO 500GB | Corsair RM750x | Razer BW Chroma - Razer Deathadder Chroma | Asus Rog 1440p 165Hz IPS |

Out with the old:

In with the new:

What the build looks like now:

I dropped my RAID and plopped back in a Vertex 3 for an OS drive in favor of external USB 3 backups and weekly imaging. Also had to take apart the whole build to get some washers between the motherboard and H80i so it made better contact. Dropped my temps under stress tests by 15-20c. Last time I buy cooling from Corsair, should never need to jump through so many hoops to get proper compatibility.

I felt almost sad taking out the 7970 Ghz. XFX nailed that series in aesthetics and build quality. It will probably be a while until we see another card design using 100% metal aside from fans and the PCB. That thing was a tank.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

My Current Build Just got today

I7-4770K
    Nvidia Geforce 660 GTX 2gb
    8gb DDR3
    2TB HD
    MSI H81M-E33 LGA1150 Motherboard
    600watt psu
    Windows 8.1

Hope to upgrade to a sli board and 16gb in the future :P

Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    My Current Build Just got today

I7-4770K
    Nvidia Geforce 660 GTX 2gb
    8gb DDR3
    2TB HD
    MSI H81M-E33 LGA1150 Motherboard
    600watt psu
    Windows 8.1

Hope to upgrade to a sli board and 16gb in the future :P
    Why an unlocked CPU with a motherboard you can't overclock with?

What work do you do to need the RAM and the i7? (just curious)
    CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4.7GHz MB: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1-Gaming 1519MHz Boost RAM: Corsair Pro 16GB 1866MHz
    SSD: Samsung 850-EVO 500GB PSU: Corsair RM550 CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Monitor: 1440p Dell U2515H 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! (not updated) ||Old Build || Antivirus + Security 10 || AV-TEST 2016

I play on a year old business class Lenovo Thinkpad (do not even remember the model right now and not home atm).
    Using about 6 year old Logitech Revolution MX wireless lasermouse.
    And I am not even jealous at your gaming rigs. They are awesome, but I don`t feel the need for anything like that.

I use a laptop because I move around very much.

Quote Originally Posted by kriimsilm View Post
    And I am not even jealous at your gaming rigs. They are awesome, but I don`t feel the need for anything like that.
    For some, it's a hobby and a passion. Like myself, I enjoy swapping bits out every now and again. Others just want to play the games and don't care what the specs are as long as it works. Neither are wrong, just different.
    Digital Rumination

For some, it's a hobby and a passion. Like myself, I enjoy swapping bits out every now and again. Others just want to play the games and don't care what the specs are as long as it works. Neither are wrong, just different.
    I completely agree.

i5-3570K
    Radeon HD 7870 2GB
    8 gigs of ram
    No idea what my motherboard is called without looking it up, im posting this from my laptop.
    2TB hardrive

Hoping this will last me atleast 2-3 years.

Field Marshal
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz)
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 (1GB)
    Motherboard: ASUS M2N-MX SE
    RAM: 3GB DDR2
    HDD: 350GB

Bit of a blast from the past... The ol' girl is tired.
    Last edited by Mordakanen; 2013-11-14 at 12:54 PM.