Almost 3 years after I got my 800D, I've finally replaced it with a worth successor - the 750D. I did have a Ximatek Elysium in the middle of that time when I was watercooling, but when I moved back to air, I moved back to the 800D.

First off, the cable management on the 800D wasn't great. The horizontal mid-panel actually pushed behind the motherboard tray meaning that cables got squashed and sometimes got disconnected (particularly SATA cables). It's cooling was extremely poor as it lacked any decent intakes. I actually had to resort to using the rear fan mount as an intake but even then I still had to leave the side panel off most of the time. The PSU could also only be orientated one way (fan down). Overall, though the case looked impressive and the size was more than adequate, it wasn't good at cable management or cooling.

The 750D by contrast is the opposite. Cable management is super easy and there's actually a decent sized 'guide' at the bottom for cables to lay in. There's another guide behind the motherboard tray at the top where you can hang cables and there's no annoying mid-section squashing the cables. The cooling potential of this case looks like it'll impress me - 2 front intakes up to 2x140MM, 3x120MM/2x140MM support at the top, and 1x120/140MM at the rear. Then there's 2x120MM at the bottom but that would require me to remove both drive bays. Since the case has to sit on the carpet, I opted not to install bottom fans. This case also allows me to mount the PSU with the fan facing upwards so I've taken that route this time. More to the point, it's got front USB3 ports. Sure, you could buy a backplate for the 800D for the same, but I never opted for that.

The 750D is slightly smaller than the 800D, but I'd say it's just the right size in all honesty. At the same time as I got the case, I also ordered in 3 AF140 fans - 2 to replace the front stock fans with and 1 to replace the rear stock fan with. I remember that the stock fans on the H100i rattled a lot so I didn't want to risk it happening again with the 140's they fitted. I had planned to order in a 750GB Samsung 840 EVO as well, but finance got declined so I had to buy what I could afford this month (which was case and fans).

Thankfully, it's light enough today to get some semi-decent photos;

This shot shows all the hardware actually in the case prior to the PSU being fitted. You can see that almost all of the cables have been hidden completely from view.

This provides a better view of how it actually looks from the side but again, this was before the PSU was fitted.

PSU fitted - the typical bottom corner shot. You can

A better view from the side after the PSU was fitted. You can see there's a lot of cables at the bottom, non-modular PSU so I've got to 'deal with it'. The rest though, as you can see, is still rather tidy.

An even better view from the side, all powered up.

Honestly, this case fixes all the problems I had with the 800D, and then goes the extra mile. For example, the SSD mounting is impressive - though they're "only drives", they're still expensive hardware and it's good to know that when I finally replace the old SSD's, I'll be able to show them off. I've got 2 HDD's in this rig, both 2TB, so keeping them cool is now finally an option (800D did have mounts for them, but the air wouldn't really have gone anywhere). The case also seems quieter, presumably because of the number of rubber mountings around fans and such. I mean, even the HDD mounts are tool-less but flexible and silenced.

The only thing I will miss from the 800D is the push-button mechanism for the side panels. That was almost pushing me towards the 900D instead but in the end, thumbscrews aren't so bad.

Final conclusion: The 750D is how cases should be - easy to work with, impressive airflow, fantastic in expansion potential but conservative on features. It looks sleek and really does let you showcase your hardware.
    Coder, Gamer, YouTuber - Thoughtcloud | YouTube - Latest: BF4 - AWS : AWSHIT BROTATO!
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL/MySQLi, Python, jQuery, HTML, CSS | Learning: Ruby + Sinatra
    Phrases: Can't Replicate | Check StackOverflow | F*ck your illiterate elsif

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX670 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

There really isn't enough space behind the mobo to just stuff the extra cables there?

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    There really isn't enough space behind the mobo to just stuff the extra cables there?
    800D, there wasn't. I'm not keen on putting cables behind the mobo/between mobo and tray, but the 800D just made routing cables from the bottom chamber to the main one a total hassle.

750D, there's space behind the mobo for the spare cables, but there's not a whole lot of spare ones as it is. It's a Seasonic S12II PSU which again, it's non-modular. Most of the cables you can see are simply cables that have already been routed. As with most non-modular PSU's, all of them are fed through a single hole in the shell. My old AX1200 was modular, but it was loud and from what I could tell, the 3.3V rail was failing (and seemed to be causing all sorts of crashes). Even though it was modular, there'd still be a lot of cable to show as it was being fed to behind the tray.

The main reason I switched cases was airflow, but better cable management behind the motherboard tray was also important. I'm not too bothered about a clump of cables near the PSU, not enough to buy a non-modular PSU at least.
    Coder, Gamer, YouTuber - Thoughtcloud | YouTube - Latest: BF4 - AWS : AWSHIT BROTATO!
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL/MySQLi, Python, jQuery, HTML, CSS | Learning: Ruby + Sinatra

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX670 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

I see. I know what you mean about non-modular PSUs, the one I have is half modular, but the amount cables attached by default is generous. Despite that the business side of the case is clean, but I hope I don't have to open the back panel in a while. Closing it requires some wrestling maneuvres. :P

But yeah, it's purely aesthetic, not like they're blocking the airflow down there.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    I see. I know what you mean about non-modular PSUs, the one I have is half modular, but the amount cables attached by default is generous. Despite that the business side of the case is clean, but I hope I don't have to open the back panel in a while. Closing it requires some wrestling maneuvres. :P

But yeah, it's purely aesthetic, not like they're blocking the airflow down there.
    I'll admit I have had to bearhug the new case a little to get the side panels on properly but overall it's only a minor hassle. Also made a few changes to the layout;

As you can see, I've switched to my AX1200, seems it is working though I'm not sure if it'll hold out or not. It's louder than the Seasonic even at idle -- think it's one of the units where the fan doesn't spin down as it's meant to, but it does allow much better cable management. I also moved the HDD cage up to below the 5.25" bays, it just slides in on some rails and is then secured with a single screw. I've then fitted 2 Scythe GT's into the bottom fan mounts, which fills up all the fan slots available in the case.

The noise from the PSU is rather annoying to be honest. I've gotten so used to a nearly silent unit for the past few months that going back to one that's this noisy is a little frustrating.

I should really get a better camera

Are you really using the seasonic cpu cable with your ax1200?

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Are you really using the seasonic cpu cable with your ax1200?
    No, that cable was supplied with either the 800D or with the AX1200 itself. AX1200 CPU cable isn't long enough to reach the 4+4-pin power connector comfortably without it.

please get some fanfilters in the bottom as george forgot to implent them, gj on new psu :P now just tidy the fan cables
    Last edited by voryon; 2013-10-28 at 10:10 PM.

Just finished upgrading my brother's computer

Sorry for the low quality photos

Pretty happy how it turned out, especially the cable management.

Specs for those interested:

AsRock Z87 Extreme4
    i5 4670K
    Gigabyte 770 2GB
    8GB Kingston HyperX 1600

Been a while now since http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post14832183

Current specs:
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Corsair HX1050W
    Gigabyte X79-UD5
    Intel i7 3930K & Corsair H100 (Push/Pull with 4x bequiet Shadow Wings)
    4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz
    750GB Samsung 840 EVO
    nVidia GTX TITAN
    3 x iiyama ProLite 24"
    Razer Naga Epic
    Logitech G510

SSDs/HDDs are gone now, replaced with a single 750GB Samsung 840 EVO. RAPID is so stupidly fast....

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...0Build/SSD.png

I've been through a LOT of GPUs since, had SLI 4GB 680s, then Crossfire 7950s, then a single 7950, then a 4GB Asus DCU2 670, then I got a fantastic deal on a TITAN (£450 when they retail at £750-£850) which I couldn't say no to. Have had the triple monitors for quite some time now as well. Managed to snag myself one of the NZXT HUE RGB LED controllers which at the time were almost impossible to get a hold of in the UK.

I also moved house and built my own desk! Spot the WoW blade!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/25/negyhujy.jpg
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Azjol-Nerub EU - Fieran (Feral) | Smite | LoL | Skyrim | BF4
    Played: EVE - 37mil SP | Rift Mage | Guild Wars 2 - Mesmer | SW:TOR Sage
    i7 3930K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - GTX Titan SLI - Samsung 750GB 840 EVO - Corsair 540 - Full WC

update

so my maximus v gene broke down a while ago so i upgraded from z77 chipset to z87

Corsair Obsidian 750D
    Asus Sabertooth Z87
    Intel Core i7 4770K
    Corsair H100i Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition push&pull
    Corsair HX750 PSU
    Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD
    3TB storage
    Corsair Vengeance 16 GB Kit 1600MHz
    Asus R9 280X DirectCU II TOP Crossfire
    Asus Xonar Xense

Dell 27" UltraSharp U2713HM
    Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers
    Sennheiser HD 598
    Logitech G710+ Keyboard
    Logitech G700s Mouse
    Steelseries 4HD Mousepad (changing to Logitech G440 asap)

still waiting on T.BONE SC 440 to arrive :3

also album of my recent builds with some bigger pictures http://imgur.com/a/MrY3Z#0, had an gryphon for a while but decided it was too small for crossfire =)

Mechagnome
    sexy stuff!
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

Very cool setup. Have you considered moving the sound card to the top PCI-E slot for better airflow for graphics cards?

it didn't want to work in that slot, have to look it up in the manual some time. Would love to have it there

Quote Originally Posted by voryon View Post
    Meh, i wish my 670 had that sidebrace like the new DCII coolers have. Mine sags quite a bit..
    Might have to make one of those myself one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post

SSDs/HDDs are gone now, replaced with a single 750GB Samsung 840 EVO. RAPID is so stupidly fast....

Try something that doesn't fit completely into cache (ie: 2GB with ATTO, or try something like AS-SSD). Larger workloads simulate copying a game or backing up some video). The problem with these benchmarks is that they write some data out, then read it back in (so it's certain to be in cache all of the time). In the real world you're forced to go out to disk to populate your cache; though subsequent read/writes are going to be quick provided they hit the same files. It has some advantages (like grouping operations by delaying them slightly) but those tend to be inflated when testing benchmarks of this kind (you can see that in the way your read/write speeds are so inconsistent despite that it's rated for roughly 530mb/s read and write).

When I did some "real world" testing (backing up a few git repositories with hundreds of thousands of files, backing up/restoring uncompressed video) I found the 840 EVO was consistently slower than an 840 Pro by around 3+/-5% (so occasionally it would complete a copry faster, but typically it is a bit slower). The EVO is still a good disk - it's cost effective and comes in very large sizes, but it's not the highest performance option. If you want > 512gb there's certainly no better choice.

For the most part I've been unimpressed with RAPID (using a 1TB 840 Evo). Apart from the above mentioned issues (I bought mine to make backups faster) it doesn't work unless you have the most simple disk system. RAID? No deal. ESATA? No deal. More than one 840 Evo? Nope, not working. For people who want legitimately fast disk performance RAPID is either useless or it just gets in the way of more feature complete software. As a free option for somebody that's only going to own one SSD and maybe a hard disk it's not terrible, but as you creep into higher-end disk configurations it just falls on it's face.

EDIT:
    If you like the performance increases you see on benchmarks for the 840 Evo and don't mind the additional risk that using RAM-caches for disks can cause (you've got good backups right?) then try supercache or primocache. I see roughly the same 'amount' of speed up, but the performance gains are even better when dealing with very small file sizes.

It allows you to control caching algorithms (eg. only cache reads so that data loss can't happen). It works with any brand, model, or size of SSD. It can delay writes and trim them in memory if they're deleted before they're written to disk (eg. temp files when you're compiling or installing software) and you can use as much memory as you like (got Socket 2011 + 64gb of ram? now you can put it to work when you're not in After Effects). Plus you can cache multiple drives: your SSD, your data HDD, a scratch disk all at the same time with different algorithms/techniques appropriate to their use.

Pic:

My only complaint (and it's with ATTO specifically) is that benchmarks can be inconsistent. Sometimes you'll test and see that like 8mb or 32kb sizes are in the gutter and then the next run it's fine. Other tools (Anvil, AS SSD, etc. don't show that behavior), likewise I don't see the performance problem doing "real work" - though I suppose reducing wear and tear on SSDs might be worth considering if you're super paranoid and don't believe the tests that show usable life is in the hundreds of years under ordinary circumstances.
    Last edited by evn; 2013-11-12 at 02:07 AM.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post

Current specs:
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Corsair HX1050W
    Gigabyte X79-UD5
    Intel i7 3930K & Corsair H100 (Push/Pull with 4x bequiet Shadow Wings)
    4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz
    750GB Samsung 840 EVO
    nVidia GTX TITAN
    3 x iiyama ProLite 24"
    Razer Naga Epic
    Logitech G510

I've been through a LOT of GPUs since, had SLI 4GB 680s, then Crossfire 7950s, then a single 7950, then a 4GB Asus DCU2 670, then I got a fantastic deal on a TITAN (£450 when they retail at £750-£850) which I couldn't say no to. Have had the triple monitors for quite some time now as well. Managed to snag myself one of the NZXT HUE RGB LED controllers which at the time were almost impossible to get a hold of in the UK.

I also moved house and built my own desk! Spot the WoW blade!

What mousepad are you using mate?

sweet setup Voryon, nice and clean. I'm hoping there will be some specials on the 750D for black friday.. definitely buying one to replace my 650D. I'll be redoing my loop and all in it, can't wait!!

After having tweaking and trying the 780 Ti in a wide part of different games I can finally take it out of my system for some pictures!
    My first reaction when opening the card was how heavy and robust this card feels, it just has a "premium" feel to it.
    I just wish AMD would have done the same for their reference cards, because this card is just very quiet even at 50%+ fan speed.

Doesn't this card just look incredibly seexy?

Yes the H60 is upside down, but I don't like having the tube close to my hot GPU.

Sleeved blue cables incoming!
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    What mousepad are you using mate?
    It's called the Boogiebug XL, about £15 in the UK http://www.scan.co.uk/products/boogi...ace-large-size

Toffie - very nice card, how do you find it? I had the decision of either Titan or 780Ti, as the Titan was only £450 and the 780Ti was pushing £560, I went for the former for the time being!
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Azjol-Nerub EU - Fieran (Feral) | Smite | LoL | Skyrim | BF4
    Played: EVE - 37mil SP | Rift Mage | Guild Wars 2 - Mesmer | SW:TOR Sage
    i7 3930K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - GTX Titan SLI - Samsung 750GB 840 EVO - Corsair 540 - Full WC