Quote Originally Posted by Fedexkilla View Post
    Which case is that kind sir?

- - - Updated - - -

@ Moinaldo

That's the Coolermaster Scout 2 Advanced, same as mine: Dat carry handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedexkilla View Post

- - - Updated - - -

@ Moinaldo

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    I think it's a Coolermaster Storm Scout, and maybe it isn't :/ looks similar though
    Yes, CM Storm Scout 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Just moved so walls and etc. are pretty plain and cable management non-existant. Here's an overall pic though:

Everything can change color except the Blackwidow, so I just made everything green to match for the pic lol.
    Jeezus that looks rad! I am planning something like this my self, although purple/red more chilled out colors. Looks awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Why an unlocked CPU with a motherboard you can't overclock with?

What work do you do to need the RAM and the i7? (just curious)
    8GB is pretty standard these days considering its cheap, why go for 4GB anyway in 2013?
    CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 / MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VI / CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz 1.184v (delidded) / GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 3GB 1173MHz, 6589MHz, 1.2v / RAM: G.Skill Trident-X 16GB 2400Mhz / PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum / BOOT: Samsung 840 256GB x2 Raid 0 /

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    8GB is pretty standard these days considering its cheap, why go for 4GB anyway in 2013?
    Cheap? The price has barely gone down the last 2 years... But yea, 8gb is the way to go nowadays.
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

I finally decided to get a proper sized monitor and while I was hesitant for quite a while, on Saturday I brought one of those Korean 1440p monitors on ebay and it arrived today.

The monitor on the left is the one I was using as my primary up until now.

I will admit, I did wuss out at the last minute and payed the extra 24 euro for the "pixel perfect" version, but that is exactly what I got, not a single defective pixel I can detect and while there is some very minor back light bleed, I had to bring up and full black screen before I even noticed it.

The few things I was concerned about before I brought it, such as the response time, turned out to be non-issues. Though I am pretty sure I need a bigger/better desk at this point.

And while my Radeon HD 6850 can run games on it reasonably well as long as I keep the settings fairly conservative, I plan to upgrade to a R9 290 at some point after the board partners are allowed to release their custom coolers.
    i5-4670k 4.2Ghz | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | Patriot 16GB DDR3 | Sapphire 290 Tri-X | Corsair RM850 | Samsung 840 250GB | X3 HDD 5TB total | Corsair 750D | Main monitor: Qnix QX2710 Evolution II LED PLS 2560x1440 | Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4 | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Pretty basic, haven't done any cable management. Using the components below. About to upgrade to the R9 290 though once they release ones with more options than the cards now.

Edit: HOLY GIANT PICTURE. Sorry about that. (Fixed )
    Last edited by Droodid; 2013-11-21 at 07:58 PM.
    CPU: i7-4770k || MB: Asus Intel Z87-A || Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || GPU: Gigabyte 7950 3GB Windforce || PSU: Corsair CX750 || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz || HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black || Monitor: Dual ASUS VN247H-P 23.6" LED || Case: CM Storm Scout || OS: Windows 7 64-Bit

BattleHawk can you link where you got that monitor? Have you tried to overclock it / will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Just moved so walls and etc. are pretty plain and cable management non-existant. Here's an overall pic though:

Everything can change color except the Blackwidow, so I just made everything green to match for the pic lol.
    Just had someone PM me about my desk, figured I'd post the answer here in case others had the same question. My desk is:

http://www.staples.com/OSP-Design-Me...product_807666

As you can see though, I had to alter the top 2 shelves so that my monitors would fit over them. Depending on the size of your monitors you may or may not have to do the same. I just used a chop saw and took a couple inches off each panel to make them flush with the rest of the top of the desk.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    BattleHawk can you link where you got that monitor? Have you tried to overclock it / will you?
    Here it is.

I haven't tried to overclock it and I don't plan on it either as in the benchmarks I've seen, a R9 290 won't push modern games past 60 fps once you crank up the graphic settings at this resolution.
    i5-4670k 4.2Ghz | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | Patriot 16GB DDR3 | Sapphire 290 Tri-X | Corsair RM850 | Samsung 840 250GB | X3 HDD 5TB total | Corsair 750D | Main monitor: Qnix QX2710 Evolution II LED PLS 2560x1440 | Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4 | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Picked up a pair of Titans recently from guys upgrading to 780Ti's.

Not sure if I've ever posted my full desk setup either:

i7 3930K @ 4.2GHz
    Titan SLI
    X79 UD5
    16GB Corsair Vengeance
    750GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Azjol-Nerub EU - Fieran (Feral) | Smite | LoL | Skyrim | BF4
    Played: EVE - 37mil SP | Rift Mage | Guild Wars 2 - Mesmer | SW:TOR Sage
    i7 3930K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - GTX Titan SLI - Samsung 750GB 840 EVO - Corsair 540 - Full WC

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Nice RoG SLI bridge to match your Gigabyte board. Which realm is it that you have on your wall?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Nice RoG SLI bridge to match your Gigabyte board. Which realm is it that you have on your wall?
    im assuming his sig gives it away :P

a person on my previous realm draenor eu bought that server for draenor, he went all out :P

How does his sig give the realm away?
    i5 4690k ♦ Z97-A ♦ GTX 760 SLI ♦ 8 GB ♦ 120Gb + 1Tb + 4Tb ♦ Define R4

3930K, gtx titan sli, surround setup, and then logitech x-530 (?) speakers. You must not be a music guy :P
    Nice build though.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    How does his sig give the realm away?
    WoW - Azjol-Nerub EU - Fieran (Feral)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    WoW - Azjol-Nerub EU - Fieran (Feral)
    Well doesnt say much about the server on the wall now does it.
    i5 4690k ♦ Z97-A ♦ GTX 760 SLI ♦ 8 GB ♦ 120Gb + 1Tb + 4Tb ♦ Define R4

why would you buy another server? the main push for that auction was to acquire the server that you deemed attached to, i.e most likely on.
    the person that bought draenor didnt bat an eye lid to any other server, and tbh, i only cared for the auction listing for that server as well, some common sense applies :P

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    why would you buy another server? the main push for that auction was to acquire the server that you deemed attached to, i.e most likely on.
    the person that bought draenor didnt bat an eye lid to any other server, and tbh, i only cared for the auction listing for that server as well, some common sense applies :P
    while id say its fair to assume its azjol nerub there were probably a lot of people who were happy to just have any server

if i did that, first thing id do, link the pics on that realm forums D: and shout, I AM YOUR MASTER!!!!!

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I think, that this off-topic discussion about realms, has gone on long enough. Back to smashmazing computers, please!