I finally feel like my comp is ready to post in here!

i-5 3750k @ 4.4gHz
    Corsair H100i
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK
    ASUS GTX 780 3GB (not OCd yet)
    16GB G.Skill Ripjaws
    Thermaltake Smart m850w
    Sound Blaster Z
    256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
    300GB Raptor 10K HD (x2)
    CM Storm Stryker

Mouse: Razer Boomslang SE
    Keyboard: Razer Tarantula

Not much eye candy though since all I have is a crappy cell:

This is after replacing a SLI 560ti setup. Now I feel the case looks empty so next step is upgrading the PSU and adding another ASUS GTX 780. Once that is done, then I need to convince the wife to let me go back to custom loop WC.
    Last edited by Shadowfreak; 2013-12-08 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added new sound card

That H100i, you should turn around those fans to add to the natural convection.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    That H100i, you should turn around those fans to add to the natural convection.
    Roger that, thanks for pointing that out. Something to do when I get home

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Considering there's a Corsair 540 in the next picture in that album, and their sig lists an HAF X, I don't think that's the case (huehue no pun intended).
    Was talking about myself, obviously But no having a hanging garden computer doesn't mean anything really though it does seem to endlessly impress everybody. Even our tech support guys from south africa think my setup is neat. Everyone seems to use laptops on this continent to an extent I have not seen anywhere else.

Oh, that pun.

Thought id show my hand after my MB when kabooom

http://i.imgur.com/16ZqJxQ.jpg?1

To be fair, I've known enough people who were not comfortable with motherboard box rigs... so it lends some credibility to someone's skill, I think you could say. Yes, there really is no reason it should impress anyone, but the fact of the matter is, you're running it open to the elements, so to speak, on a box, so to most people, that sounds really really dangerous. :P
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Case: Zalman Z11 plus
    CPU: I5-4670 3.40 Ghz
    GPU: MSI GTX 760 TF OC
    Motherboard: MSI B85-G43
    Power: Coolermaster 550 GX
    Cooler: Coolermaster 212 evo
    Ram: 2x4 GB Corsair vengeance 12800 CL9
    HDD: 1TB
    Mouse: Razer Taipan
    Keyboard: Razer Arctosa

My God.... I hope I never have to go back to running all my games on low settings now that i've got a better GPU.

Going through Metro 2033 again @ 1080p on medium-ish settings and holy crap it looks beautiful. I can finally play games at comfortable framerates instead of hovering around 15fps!

Can't be assed to fix the cabling yet(thinking about chopping the inside up a bit to make some more room and then i can tuck it underneath the CD drive), specs are in sig.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

This was my first build (did it in October 2013) so be nice. The actual desk itself is pretty shit as its basic Student house furniture. No point tidying my desk as I feel it would be quite obnoxious considering this is how it is in proper use. I don't have any real good pictures sadly as I added the SSD and CPU cooler incrementally as I ran out of funds.

Fractal Design Define R4 case
    Gigabyte Z87-UD3H
    600w Corsair 600w PSU
    EVGA 2GB Nvidia GTX 760
    8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz RAM
    Intel i5 4670k overclocked @ 4.5 ghz.
    Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler
    256gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD
    500gb Western Digital Blue 7200 RPM HDD.

BenQ 24" 1920x1080 RL24HM Monitor
    Samsung 21" 1920x1080 TV-LCD Monitor.

Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
    Zalman clip-on Mic
    Razer Naga
    Coolermaster CM Pro rapid fire red switches mechanical keyboard.

Last edited by Norgaard; 2013-12-09 at 07:05 AM.

Nice rig, that's an impressive OC on the 4670K using a U12S. Not too common!

Are the HD598's using onboard audio? If you're saving up funds, at least get something like a Xonar DX or USB DAC (AudioEngine, Fiio, Schiit, etc) to do those beautiful headphones some justice

Quote Originally Posted by Norgaard View Post
    This was my first build (did it in October 2013) so be nice. The actual desk itself is pretty shit as its basic Student house furniture. No point tidying my desk as I feel it would be quite obnoxious considering this is how it is in proper use. I don't have any real good pictures sadly as I added the SSD and CPU cooler incrementally as I ran out of funds.

Fractal Design Define R4 case
    Gigabyte Z87-UD3H
    600w Corsair 600w PSU
    EVGA 2GB Nvidia GTX 760
    8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz RAM
    Intel i5 4670k overclocked @ 4.5 ghz.
    Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler
    256gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD
    500gb Western Digital Blue 7200 RPM HDD.

BenQ 24" 1920x1080 RL24HM Monitor
    Samsung 21" 1920x1080 TV-LCD Monitor.

Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
    Zalman clip-on Mic
    Razer Naga
    Coolermaster CM Pro rapid fire red switches mechanical keyboard.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/2zTB153l.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Vokx0kSl.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9FV5vDkl.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/G3Rv4X9l.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/igdGtSWl.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/i6FzQ2Bl.jpg
    Do you like your main monitor?
    Saw it in the shops on sale, was thinking about buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Nice rig, that's an impressive OC on the 4670K using a U12S. Not too common!

Are the HD598's using onboard audio? If you're saving up funds, at least get something like a Xonar DX or USB DAC (AudioEngine, Fiio, Schiit, etc) to do those beautiful headphones some justice
    Sadly on board, been musing buying a sound card but wasn't sure of how much a difference it would make. Always feel sad when I go back to my student house and use my headphones on my PC/laptop after taking them home and using them with my stereo haha!

Will look into getting the Xonar DX in January. Take it that's one of the better cards? Would you recommend using a PCI card like the Xonar or the latter option mentioned above? Sorry to turn this into a help thread just a quick curiosity. Money wouldn't really be an issue as I wouldn't mind spending a lot to get the most of out of my headphones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Do you like your main monitor?
    Saw it in the shops on sale, was thinking about buying it.
    Yeah I think it's really nice. I picked it up at a steal of a price for £95 in a sale late October, since then it has been out of stock everywhere and only just came back in but at a higher price so I guess I got really lucky.

How much is it on the sale? I would probably suggest there are better monitors out there when you approach its actual RRP of £165.
    Last edited by Norgaard; 2013-12-09 at 08:02 AM.

Sadly on board, been musing buying a sound card but wasn't sure of how much a difference it would make. Always feel sad when I go back to my student house and use my headphones on my PC/laptop after taking them home and using them with my stereo haha!

Will look into getting the Xonar DX in January. Take it that's one of the better cards? Would you recommend using a PCI card like the Xonar or the latter option mentioned above? Sorry to turn this into a help thread just a quick curiosity. Money wouldn't really be an issue as I wouldn't mind spending a lot to get the most of out of my headphones

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think it's really nice. I picked it up at a steal of a price for £95 in a sale late October, since then it has been out of stock everywhere and only just came back in but at a higher price so I guess I got really lucky.

How much is it on the sale? I would probably suggest there are better monitors out there when you approach its actual RRP of £165.
    It was on sale for 150$ AUS, which is a reasonable price for what you're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    It was on sale for 150$ AUS, which is a reasonable price for what you're getting.
    Yeah I just ran it through a currency converter and that is a fantastic price, wouldn't hesitate buying it (from my experience) at that cost.

Yeah I just ran it through a currency converter and that is a fantastic price, wouldn't hesitate buying it (from my experience) at that cost.
    I just don't like the stand it is on.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned

If O2/oDAC is out of your pricerange, Xonar DX or - even better - Xonar STX is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Because there are two Titans just "swaying in the breeze". "Motherboard box rigs" are not a sign of anything, unless you're trying to diagnose something.
    I love that 'swaying in the breeze'. The real answer is as above as Vynrael and Majesticii pointed out. Custom loop coming along in a Carbide 540! Parts have been ordered and the list is extensive. SLI Titans with EK full length SE blocks, backplates, terminal link, XSPC Raystorm, 240 and 360 alphacool rads, Feser fittings and a nice Bitspower letoff valve for easy draining. Pics will be inc in a few weeks, build logs aren't allowed around here so unfortunately it'll be the finished deal when I post.

For those interested in progress though it'll be on OCN: http://www.overclock.net/t/1448349/b...rsair-cube-540
    Last edited by Fierae; 2013-12-10 at 10:38 AM.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Burning Legion EU - Fieran (Feral/Guardian) | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Played: EVE - 37mil SP | Rift Mage | Guild Wars 2 - Mesmer | SW:TOR Sage | BF4
    i7 3930K - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - GTX Titan SLI - Samsung 750GB 840 EVO - Corsair 540 - Full WC - Triple 1440p Monitors

once finals are done I'll be redoing my current loop I'm going to buy a 750D.. and changing my fans for gentle typhoons(I know they're not the best, but they look cool IMO), a bitspower tube reservoir, a EK d5 pump top and some blue transparent coolant. I don't really like the way my computer looks right now so it's time for an update

heres my computer right now:

can't wait!! I won't be doing any modding/paint job like I did on this one, it's too much work and I'm not very good at it. I want to make it clean/solid. My theme will be black/grey/blue. I will be keeping the same sleeved cables that I already did

ill be keeping the same hardware since it's more than enough for what I do (i5 2500k, radeon 7950, 16gb 1600mhz ram, 64gb crucial ssd, 1tb wd black, 500gb wd blue)

Got bored with the 600T so bought a new case. Also ditched the custom loop and went with a H100i with Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM fans.

Case is a Nanoxia Deep Silence 1. Extremely well built that is almost all steel. Top and front are plastic but is very rigid and well built.

Specs in sig.
    Shamalaman
    The best stat for Ele is resto.
    I7 3930k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 680GTX Lightningx2 SLI | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz | Agility 3 128GB(OS) Samsung 840 500GB(Games) | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Nanoxia DS1 |

Been 8 days since anyone has posted anything, almost 9 days! Bad.

I just brought home these new studio monitors for the price of the KRK Rokit 8 G2s on clearance. That's how much the guys in the store (I know them pretty well) like these over the KRKs. Presonus Eris E5 monitors. They have nicer more clear high-end, their bass delivers much better than the KRKs, and are incredibly louder, even at half the volume level. O_o Apparently they have an obnoxiously powerful amp put in them. The KRKs at the store were set to max level and it was shocking to see how night and day the difference between these and them was. Suffice to say, I immediately knew I wanted these ones. The KRKs are good, certainly, but these could sell for twice the price (they were originally $150 each, but the guys dropped them to the KRK clearance of $120 each, which I'd put on hold 2 weeks ago) and still be worth it, hands down. The clarity was that of, if not better than, the M-Audio 5 inchers that were $300 each. I'm extremely happy, they sound fucking AMAZING and are so loud, clear, just, ugh, it's glorious. Computer volume is at 19 and they are filling up my large basement room. Raised them on a Philosophy book and old Skyrim guide. Got the Legendary edition, the old one has finally found a use!

http://www.presonus.com/products/Eris

So moving from these babies (which for $100 were the best speakers I've ever bought...)

Until now.

Go to your local pro audio store and try seeing about listening to these things. It's unbelievable. NO REGRETS.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS