1. #12681


    My bed room set up:

    PC
    Xbox 360
    Wii U
    N64 (pikachu edition obviously)
    32 inch TV
    24 inch minitor

    Everything i could need...

  2. #12682
    The Lightbringer Toffie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,768
    I like that very much.
    What is inside your 540 though?
    Skylake & Maxwell gaming build 2015
    6700K 4.7GHz | H100i GTX | Asus Z170 Maximus Viii Gene | Carbide Air 240 | Corsair LPX 16GB | GTX 980 Gaming G1 |
    Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair RM750i | Razer BW Chroma - Razer Deathadder Chroma | AOC 24 G-Sync 144Hz |

  3. #12683
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I like that very much.
    What is inside your 540 though?
    CPU: i5-4670k (Not OC yet but plan to do that in the future)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    GPU: MSI GTX 760
    Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
    1 TB WD HDD
    120GB Samsung SSD

    I also added in some purple LED's for the inside of the case, seeing inside the window all lit up is lovely!

    Peripherals are:
    Steelseries Siberia V2 headset
    Cm storm quickfire rapid TK mechanical keyboard with brown switches
    Razer naga mouse

    I have a new benQ 144hz monitor on its way soon

  4. #12684
    I am Murloc! Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Raedeon View Post
    I have a new benQ 144hz monitor on its way soon
    Niceee, you'll need more than a 760 to really pump those kinds of framerates in heavier games though (or play at low-medium settings) :P

    Also it's risky to keep a glass of full water like that on the desk, I would probably end up knocking it over in the first 5 seconds haha. Bottles > glasses!

    But make sure the bottle is from a good brand, preferably using high-quality materials to ensure best performance.

  5. #12685
    Pit Lord Cyrops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    US Eonar
    Posts
    2,477
    After some work I finally managed to do this cool thingy: Link for my PC.

    For those of you too scared to click to see coolest thning ever:

    CPU: [email protected]/3.9GHz
    CPU Cooling: 212 EVO Heatsink + push&pull Enermax Magma
    Motherboard: Asus H87-Pro
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance @1600MHz 9-9-9-24
    GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x (212 EVO fan blows air through this baby) currently GPU@1200MHz VRAM@1400MHz
    SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB
    HDD: WD VelociRaptor 1TB
    PSU: Cooler Master ATX 2.3 (damn you PSU availability)
    Case: Nexus Version1 (inverted design)
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2014-01-29 at 12:55 PM.

  6. #12686
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Niceee, you'll need more than a 760 to really pump those kinds of framerates in heavier games though (or play at low-medium settings) :P
    I currently get 100+ FPS in all games, some games are closer to 200. WoW sits at ~120 ish untill im in a 25man. And thats on max settings. I have considered either an upgrade for my GPU or maybe a second one.

  7. #12687
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Raedeon View Post
    I currently get 100+ FPS in all games, some games are closer to 200. WoW sits at ~120 ish untill im in a 25man. And thats on max settings. I have considered either an upgrade for my GPU or maybe a second one.
    Crysis 2 or 3, Battlefield 3 or 4, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3.. just a few new games. None of those you can play >50 fps on ultra.

  8. #12688
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    16,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Niceee, you'll need more than a 760 to really pump those kinds of framerates in heavier games though (or play at low-medium settings) :P

    Also it's risky to keep a glass of full water like that on the desk, I would probably end up knocking it over in the first 5 seconds haha. Bottles > glasses!

    But make sure the bottle is from a good brand, preferably using high-quality materials to ensure best performance.
    To be quite honest, you may be surprised what a 760 can do, especially if you overclock it a little... It's perfect for those of us who only care about Skyrim... and coming soon to a computer near you, TESO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  9. #12689
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Crysis 2 or 3, Battlefield 3 or 4, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3.. just a few new games. None of those you can play >50 fps on ultra.
    Battlefield 4 is arriving with my monitor so I'll put that to the test.

  10. #12690
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Raedeon View Post
    Battlefield 4 is arriving with my monitor so I'll put that to the test.
    http://static.techspot.com/articles-...Ultra_2560.png

  11. #12691
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    16,368
    Uhhh... that is for 2560x1600... you do realize that, right? His BenQ monitor is going to be 1080p. =|
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  12. #12692
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Uhhh... that is for 2560x1600... you do realize that, right? His BenQ monitor is going to be 1080p. =|
    Yeah linked the wrong one.
    http://static.techspot.com/articles-...Ultra_1920.png

    Doesn't change much though. Still well below even 60fps (hz).

  13. #12693
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    I cry every time I see a stock cooler in a system.

  14. #12694
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I cry every time I see a stock cooler in a system.
    So do I when I see AIO's.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

  15. #12695
    Pit Lord Cyrops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    US Eonar
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Yeah linked the wrong one.
    http://static.techspot.com/articles-...Ultra_1920.png

    Doesn't change much though. Still well below even 60fps (hz).
    Playing BF4 Ultra with R9 270x, 60average FPS in MP. 1680x1050 res.

  16. #12696
    Dreadlord Beergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Playing BF4 Ultra with R9 270x, 60average FPS in MP. 1680x1050 res.
    Yeah same here with the GTX 760 overclocked, get an average of 55 FPS on ultra, 1920x1080 with 8x MSAA
    I'm in love with my car.

  17. #12697
    The Lightbringer Toffie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Playing BF4 Ultra with R9 270x, 60average FPS in MP. 1680x1050 res.
    I get 70 fps average on singleplayer, switching over to multiplayer I get 110-120 fps most of the time.
    The graph shows a 270x getting 35 fps on singleplayer which doesn't mean anything, BF4 is a multiplayer game
    Also a 760 will easily get 50+ on 1080p in BF4.

    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    So do I when I see AIO's.
    There is nothing wrong with AIO's, they perform good and take less space & make the build look better.
    Skylake & Maxwell gaming build 2015
    6700K 4.7GHz | H100i GTX | Asus Z170 Maximus Viii Gene | Carbide Air 240 | Corsair LPX 16GB | GTX 980 Gaming G1 |
    Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair RM750i | Razer BW Chroma - Razer Deathadder Chroma | AOC 24 G-Sync 144Hz |

  18. #12698
    Pit Lord Cyrops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    US Eonar
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I get 70 fps average on singleplayer, switching over to multiplayer I get 110-120 fps most of the time.
    The graph shows a 270x getting 35 fps on singleplayer which doesn't mean anything, BF4 is a multiplayer game
    Also a 760 will easily get 50+ on 1080p in BF4.



    There is nothing wrong with AIO's, they perform good and take less space & make the build look better.
    Yes someone else mentioned BF4 gives more FPS in MP, so I thought it relevant to note that.
    Also, what is 'AIO'?

  19. #12699
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Yes someone else mentioned BF4 gives more FPS in MP, so I thought it relevant to note that.
    Also, what is 'AIO'?
    AIO = All In One liquid cooler (H80i for example)

  20. #12700
    Pit Lord Cyrops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    US Eonar
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravewyrm View Post
    AIO = All In One liquid cooler (H80i for example)
    Aha, I see, thank you

    Also I read that cheap/low quality liquid coolers might perform even worse than a decent air cooler? Unless you run some sort of cooling so that liquid is lower temp than room ambient temp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •