That's not even the half of it. http://i.imgur.com/x4cSbw0.jpg

I still use those SSDs as a system disk (raid 0, it's okay because I backup!) but swapped out the HDDs a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Controlling spending is for chumps!
    As long as you don't spend money which you don't have, I don't see a problem.
    Those are some lovely disks.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Controlling spending is for chumps!

http://i.imgur.com/pQUdgwPm.jpg

Be cool. Waste all the money! Don't be like your parents who saved. Retirement is old-school. Work until you die is the new hip thing! That's why minimum wage doesn't track cost of living any more, so that you don't make too much money and accidentally uncool and not working when you're 60.
    awesome

also, don't spend the best part of your life grinding away so that you can afford to die

i7-6700K | Z170 Class. K | 16GB DDR4-3200 | GTX-980ti | Samsung 950 Pro RAID0 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | Lian Li PC-07S
    ROG Swift PG348Q | Ducky DSX | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

also, don't spend the best part of your life grinding away so that you can afford to die
    I think its the balance that matters. We all know we'll get old and probably want to stop working, but I don't think it makes sense to put off living until you're too old to do the things you want. You've got obligations to your future self to ensure a comfortable old-age and to your family to provide a certain level of security and predictability. You've also got an obligation to present self to enjoy life. Serving one of those masters to the exclusion of others is the path to misery.

I don't like computers (my vices are motorcycles and education), but I know many people do. If buying a bigger screen or faster GPU today makes you happy just because you have it: more power to you. I might criticize the decision of somebody who upgrades from an i5 to an i7 with the express purpose of making WoW faster because it won't work. If they do the same upgrade just because they want bigger numbers and having a faster computer is something they desire then I've got nothing to say. It might not be cost effective but who said our hobbies should be cheap or that only inexpensive things should make you happy?

This discussion isn't on-topic what-so-ever, definitely belongs in the chat thread (if anywhere).

Something on-topic then?

Nice! Drunken, but I take it they will be put on an aftermarket/watercooling soon? CF 290x is just asking for permanent hearing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Nice! Drunken, but I take it they will be put on an aftermarket/watercooling soon? CF 290x is just asking for permanent hearing damage.
    Hah, yeah, probably doing something to that effect. They're going into the mining rig. I still didn't get the server over to my place though, so I'm missing mobo+CPU+cooler, which is annoying.

Why didn't you get some of the aftermarket 290Xs, Drunken?
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Why didn't you get some of the aftermarket 290Xs, Drunken?
    'Cause I'm almost certainly putting a waterblock on them anyway. I didn't feel like shelling out the price of waterblocks for aftermarket coolers, that seems like I'd be paying twice for something. It also didn't help that I didn't get much relevant feedback in my thread when I asked. :/

Ah, I see, that's a shame.

From what I can tell the nonreference ones are tending to do better though in the temperature realm with better power-delivery systems and such. Hopefully water-cooling these will work well though!
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.

Thank god that rig is going to be in the kitchen, that's some high quality heaters

(Coming from someone running a R9 280x)
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Fluorescent lighting in my basement:

:P But yes, as I said already, I agree natural lighting is nicer. But basement. =/
    Dude, nice banana!
    "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything."

Xunce - My Gaming Setup - Viieyos

Thanks! I prefer them at the perfect yellow age.

I love my monitor (MX279H) bought it on impulse at Best Buy. Works perfect for a PS4/Xbox one combo
    http://imgur.com/XaKztol
    Last edited by MjH; 2014-02-09 at 06:37 PM.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

:drool: I know the ref-cooler got slandered but imo it looks pretty neat. Keyword "looks" :3

For whatever reason you needed two copies of BF4 ;D

I'd also want to get in on mining, but I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers of when/if the rig would actually ever be paid off. Add to that that noone knows what might happen to cryptocurrencies two weeks from now.. Ah well, no risk no reward.

Hmm that is getting to be one popular monitor, I love the super-elegant looks. Asus done' good.

Oh really? You seeing it on other sites and people raving or something? :P

I must say I am pretty damn happy with it. Do I wish I could get 1440p? Yes, and I know I could, but I'm going to stifle such a large buy, I've bought A LOT recently and I need to save... I mean hell, I still need to buy 2 Dream Theater tickets and save for some merch, because yay favorite band next to Iron Maiden!

@Wries, you just need to work on getting your SSD-based storage up with your HDD-based storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Something on-topic then?

I am so jelly <3 <3

Don't be. They've been parked in my second computer since, because frankly they're too damn loud for me to use for mining. Gonna have to watercool them I think, but that'll take a few days at least to get the parts for.