Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    My keyboard costed more than my CPU aswell, and i have a 4670K.
    But yeah, the hardware choices are a bit weird...
    also to ripox, yes performance in games are great, but physical ergonomics are far more important then the hardware inside your pc, the settings you play at can always be adjusted, how you interact with what you use is more important as general health should be the number 1 prio of anything, and sadly also the most difficult to get right, so spending money in this area is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Yeah, but thing is, his peripherals most likely got upgraded/bought after the rest of the pc was made. He says on bracets:"updated since pic".
    Exactly, sometimes I think people forget not everything was necessarily bought at the same time and buying good peripherals still makes sense (to me). I mean how many of you bought everything at once and have the perfect price to performance vs needs? Not everyone follows this exact recipe for "success"

Also ask the guy instead of instantly nailing him to the cross? Maybe he did ask for help somewhere else and that was the advice he got, who knows.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1080MHz/1700MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2014 || AV-TEST Jan/Feb 2013

The Patient
    Hello again, I've done a test fitting and boot up to make sure everything fits and functions in the case, click this imgur link to see if you're interested! And sorry I'm not a good photographer!

I had to RMA one of the 780Ti's so it's my good old 6970's in this build at the moment. I'm going to powdercoat most of the interior of the case white, the rest I will paint myself in White HS.

Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

Welp.

Finally got my first WD Black drive. Just a 1TB for recording Skyrim footage with Fraps and then rendering it to my WD Blue 1TB/or I may leave it to the Toshiba 500GB external. Either way, the Blue just has too much on it already that I'm limited to only about 2 hours of recording - and everything is being recorded and uploaded pretty much... so... :P

Suppose I'll post a pic after I install it, though you can see pictures of my rig earlier in this thread, I don't plan to change much. Just stick it in and not worry too much about cable-tidying.

Why you ask? Sometimes you pull too tightly on cables, then they become loose, and then your computer has power interruptions which ultimately lead to all of your HDDs dying except for your SSD.

Moral of the story: CABLE MANAGEMENT IS BAD, obviously. :P

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You bring up a really good point about peripherals... people seem to go all out on them and forget how much extra money they are dropping on peripherals but cutting so short on the CPU/GPU, when those are what will deliver the actual game to you. While having peripherals that make you comfortable is important, it is also important to have hardware that can drive your games... While WoW isn't much to drive... it is in 20-25 man raids. Seriously, if shamanele had spent a little less on peripherals, maybe just gotten a 128GB SSD, and 8GB of RAM, they could have gotten an Intel Haswell i5 and GTX 760 or something similar, been able to overclock seriously, and get MUCH better performance.

Such a shame people don't ask before impulse-buying.
    Yeah this was my first system which i bought off of craigslist for a steal and all of the peripheral upgrades were gifts from the holiday season. I didnt want to be extremely specific so just asked for basic stuff to comprehend instead. I plan on upgrading the cpu asap once wrestling ends and i can start working again.
    Last edited by shamanele; 2014-02-19 at 10:23 PM.

Opposed to Nidor's awesome rig, here's my simple rig. :P

YES, I know it is messy, see above for reason why! Not to mention I just don't really care anymore, since I don't have a window now.

There's a difference between extreme tightness when cable management.. And none at all. :P

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    There's a difference between extreme tightness when cable management.. And none at all. :P
    I guess you could say, I've become slightly paranoid about doing it again. =S

I realize what I did in my mistake and I guess I've just not gotten up the want to do cable management again after I did that. =/

It's something I won't see, anyways, and besides, it only makes adding hardware/changing hardware later on more complicated and time-consuming. If your cables are mostly loose, then you need not worry about cutting a bunch of zip ties to get something else powered with that one SATA cable or Molex cable.

finished my new build last night.. here's a taste and the specs!

Specs:
    CPU: 4930k - 6 core - 12 threads
    CPU cooler: H110 - Pull config
    Ram: 16gb 4x4 corsair platinum
    PSU: Cooler Master V1000 1000w+ 80+
    GPU: 2x msi 780 lightning
    SSD's: 2x intel 180gb SSD's
    Fans: Bitfenix spectre pro - white led
    Fan controller: Scythe Kaze Master Pro
    Case: Corsair 540 air
    Motherboard: Asus lga2011 X79 - Deluxe

and it runs cooool!

top card 30 degrees
    bottom card 28 degrees in idle!

hits about 68 degrees during stresstesting

cant wait to overclock my 4930k.. runs 24-28 degrees in idle/surfing, 55 degrees during stresstesting x]

Quote Originally Posted by Murreh View Post
    top card 30 degrees
    bottom card 28 degrees in idle!

hits about 68 degrees during stresstesting
    Well yes, with MSI Lightning cards you're supposed to OC the shit out of them with all that extra vCore available. 780 Lightning can OC by at least 35% easily (vs stock)...not kidding, some people have theirs smoking at 1300mhz core. But since you have two of them the OC's probably won't do much >_<

Definitely OC that 4930K, do post results in the chat thread or CPU overclocking thread

@DeltrusDisc ... I see your Gibraltar sticker. Blatant plug for tech-centric drummers anyone? xD
    *Don't fret, I'm one as well*

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well yes, with MSI Lightning cards you're supposed to OC the shit out of them with all that extra vCore available. 780 Lightning can OC by at least 35% easily (vs stock)...not kidding, some people have theirs smoking at 1300mhz core. But since you have two of them the OC's probably won't do much >_<

Definitely OC that 4930K, do post results in the chat thread or CPU overclocking thread

oh yes, definately is the plan to overclock! currently laying sick, so was planning on taking a closer look this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravewyrm View Post
    @DeltrusDisc ... I see your Gibraltar sticker. Blatant plug for tech-centric drummers anyone? xD
    *Don't fret, I'm one as well*
    I thought someone might point that out! *fistbump*

Love my Gibraltar rack. Picture in the computer forum chat thread for anyone who wants to see my kit. :P

I'm contemplating getting a new case, anyone that could help me decide?
    I've currently got one of those Antec gaming series cases which i've had for about 2 to 3 years now, but the design is pretty bad (near impossible for cable management), could barely get my MSI 780 Gaming in there without HDD's blocking it & such.
    Plus it gets way too dusty after a few months, i'd rather have something i could hide the cable's easier and thus make it easier to keep clean as well.

Looking around the web i've come across 3 options, the NZXT Phantom 630, which looks amazing, but is just slightly pricier than i'd like, plus i don't really like the top fan feature because it just feels like dust gets in easier that way based on my current case, might be just me though.
    Then there was the Corsair Obsidian 550D, which is better priced, but just seems a little less amazing than the Phantom, no top fan though which seems like a plus for me.
    And then there's the Coolermaster Stryker or something, which "looks" cool, but it just doesn't seem that it has all the options & userfriendlyness of the other ones.

I'd love to go for the Phantom personally, the only thing that's been sort of holding me back is the price, but if it's worth it it's worth it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidor View Post
    -snip-
    I'm liking those "blatantly in your face" mounted reservoirs on top of the case. Although I think it'd look sweeter with hard tube instead of that sagging one that connects them now. Keep posting when you get it all done!
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2014-02-20 at 03:41 PM.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    I'm liking those "blatantly in your face" mounted reservoirs on top of the case. Although I think it'd look sweeter with hard tube instead of that sagging one that connects them now. Keep posting when you get it all done!
    I have looked into acrylic tubing, but that will have to be something down the road. I'm going to tighten it up when I finally put it all together
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

I've purchased some new parts over the past few months... http://imgur.com/a/EZUEA

Got me a new EVGA 780ti SC, plan on getting a second one here soon, when we receive our bonus from work. Also, the LED on my H80i died, so I just decided to upgrade to a H100i. Soon, I'll go back in to see if I can push my OC a bit further with this cooler. Then of course, I bought 2 new monitors. ASUS VN247H-P x2. Not the highest quality, but they get the job done.

Then of course, I still need to do a bit of cable management, in and out of the case. But I think I'll just wait until I get a new desk for that.

EDIT: Oh, and the 900D. Can't forget the 900D.
    Last edited by Vynrael; 2014-02-21 at 02:55 AM.
    Main Rig:
    CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.6GHz w/ Corsiar H100i in push/pull
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    GPU: EVGA 780ti SC
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 16GB (8x2)
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB w/ WD Caviar Black 2TB

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So what do you need the second 780 Ti for?
    Couple reasons. First, there are games that I just can't play on ultra at 5760x1080. Second, I plan on putting blocks on them, and personally, one one card under water looks weird, I prefer the aesthetic of two. I don't NEED two, I could survive with one, turning down graphics. But I WANT two.
    Main Rig:
    CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.6GHz w/ Corsiar H100i in push/pull
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    GPU: EVGA 780ti SC
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 16GB (8x2)
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB w/ WD Caviar Black 2TB

new toys:

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s