1. #13201
    Moderator Marthenil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Coldharbour
    Posts
    2,144
    Literally just finished building it, window mod inc this week. Also perhaps some better cable management. (though that H80i is making it impossible to hide all the cables as was my dream unless I do some soldering which I'd rather avoid for now )

    In general, beautification process is not complete :P
    Also, crappy iphone camera, deal with it




    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-03-22 at 10:56 PM.


  2. #13202
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,161
    er, think you forgot the pictures.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  3. #13203
    Moderator Marthenil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Coldharbour
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    er, think you forgot the pictures.
    Messed up the links, its up now :P


  4. #13204
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,161
    Looks nice enough! Care to give us the specs?
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  5. #13205
    Moderator Marthenil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Coldharbour
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Looks nice enough! Care to give us the specs?
    CPU:Intel Core i5-4670K,HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB, GPU:Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 780 Ti OC WF3, PSU: Corsair Professional Series AX860 860W, SSD: Samsung 840 EVO Series 250GB, MOBO: Asus Z87-Pro, CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H80i, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 8GB, Case: Corsair Carbide Series 500r White.

    Also some Corsair AF120 led White fans on top. Trying to get a place that sells Demciflex filters that doesn't charge triple the price of the filters themselves for shipping internationally.


  6. #13206
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    norway
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Arrived yesterday:



    Okay, not exactly a gaming setup

    2.7GHz 12-core with 30MB of L3 cache
    Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB of GDDR5
    etc...
    dat trash can doe

  7. #13207
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Arrived yesterday:



    Okay, not exactly a gaming setup

    2.7GHz 12-core with 30MB of L3 cache
    Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB of GDDR5
    etc...
    Okay....I'm going to go ahead and be the first to overcome my shame and ask what on earth that thing is? :O

  8. #13208
    Moderator Marthenil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Coldharbour
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    Okay....I'm going to go ahead and be the first to overcome my shame and ask what on earth that thing is? :O
    Mac pro /10charslol


  9. #13209
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Mac pro /10charslol
    Well it certainly looks unique!

  10. #13210
    Quote Originally Posted by krihan View Post
    dat trash can doe
    Looks indeed like a trash can. But then again, if it's a Mac it's already an obsolete trash can

  11. #13211
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Looks indeed like a trash can. But then again, if it's a Mac it's already an obsolete trash can
    No need to be rude.

  12. #13212
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Looks indeed like a trash can. But then again, if it's a Mac it's already an obsolete trash can
    given the right work load that mac will run circles around your computer, instead of hating apple, people should be buying them, at least one (mac mini is like $600), how much more advanced of a computer user will you be if you know not only windows, but OSX as well

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  13. #13213
    I love OS X. Hoping to eventually have a dual boot on my current system, and use Windows for gaming, OSX for my audio / video production. Just waiting on some updated stuff for UEFI BIOS utilities from a certain site, then ill be g2g with a second SSD having OS X on it, wheee.

  14. #13214
    Gotten my 780 TF MSI back from RMA (fan closest to ports was rattling +/- 8months after purchase), they upgraded me to a brand new lightning, so freakin' happy.
    It's not a Ti but holy hell what a beast of a card!

  15. #13215
    Quote Originally Posted by thekillermg View Post
    No need to be rude.
    gotta comment on this, there have been users here who have been rude to other posters on their builds such as wiring, part choices, mods etc..., what makes this mac pro purchase more special that people cant comment like this?

    no need to be rude to begin with, but hypocrisy at its best here.

  16. #13216
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Literally just finished building it, window mod inc this week. Also perhaps some better cable management. (though that H80i is making it impossible to hide all the cables as was my dream unless I do some soldering which I'd rather avoid for now )

    In general, beautification process is not complete :P
    Also, crappy iphone camera, deal with it


    []http://i.imgur.com/cWgWdkAl.jpg[/]

    []http://i.imgur.com/zfh6Tsll.jpg[/]
    You know what, those "gold" Asus motherboards actually don't look too bad when most of the "gold-ish" colour is covered by coolers, ram and a graphics card
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  17. #13217
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    gotta comment on this, there have been users here who have been rude to other posters on their builds such as wiring, part choices, mods etc..., what makes this mac pro purchase more special that people cant comment like this?

    no need to be rude to begin with, but hypocrisy at its best here.
    Not saying that has happened, not saying it hasn't. Was just trying to prevent a war that tends to happen when these things get brought up. /endstory

  18. #13218
    Moderator Marthenil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Coldharbour
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You know what, those "gold" Asus motherboards actually don't look too bad when most of the "gold-ish" colour is covered by coolers, ram and a graphics card
    Actually, with white leds, they look really good. The camera pics up white led as blue-ish though.


  19. #13219
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    given the right work load that mac will run circles around your computer, instead of hating apple, people should be buying them, at least one (mac mini is like $600), how much more advanced of a computer user will you be if you know not only windows, but OSX as well
    My dad is an iSheep, and I wind up having to fix everything that is wrong with his stupid iMac. I can work with the OS, but by no means are their computers of intelligent design. The Mac Mini isn't horrible, it's fine for someone on a budget that needs a system that is of a small form factor and doesn't have massive amounts of features that bloat the price up, but for advanced power users who need more robust hardware you either have to overpay for a Mac Pro or you have to go Windows. I will have more respect for Apple when they let me start installing Mac OS X on my own computers rather then their crappy systems like the iMac with obsolete hardware.

  20. #13220
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    My dad is an iSheep, and I wind up having to fix everything that is wrong with his stupid iMac. I can work with the OS, but by no means are their computers of intelligent design. The Mac Mini isn't horrible, it's fine for someone on a budget that needs a system that is of a small form factor and doesn't have massive amounts of features that bloat the price up, but for advanced power users who need more robust hardware you either have to overpay for a Mac Pro or you have to go Windows. I will have more respect for Apple when they let me start installing Mac OS X on my own computers rather then their crappy systems like the iMac with obsolete hardware.
    overpay what? price out a desktop with equal specs to the mac pro

    i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •