Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    given the right work load that mac will run circles around your computer, instead of hating apple, people should be buying them, at least one (mac mini is like $600), how much more advanced of a computer user will you be if you know not only windows, but OSX as well
    ...sorry I don't support companies who only a few years ago helped create a generation of ignorant computer users who think still think that macintoshes "just work" and that they don't have viruses. I will rue the day when knowing anything about the macintosh OS will become a sort of a mandatory thing for me. I'm a computer science student but this company just deserves to go up in flames, they've done nothing but create misconceptions about the computer world and help build cults for their products.

Tell me, in their newest creation passed down by god to moses himself, this trash can radiator, who benefits from having the video card split into two physical components besides apple themselves, who are the sole providers of replacements for these monstrosities?
    Last edited by BlizzardApologist; 2014-03-24 at 08:55 PM.

While I understand your concerns, you might want to drop the hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardApologist View Post
    Tell me, in their newest creation passed down by god to moses himself, this trash can radiator, who benefits from having the video card split into two physical components besides apple themselves, who are the sole providers of replacements for these monstrosities?
    Monstrosity or not it is damn beautiful.

Anyway, allow me to provide you all with some slight amusement while presenting my 7 year old "gaming" setup:

http://s30.postimg.org/5qailiv29/DSC06448.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/vxbphhdc1/DSC06449.jpg

- Core 2 Duo @ 2.5 Ghz
    - 4GB @ 667 Mhz memory
    - 320 GB HD @ 7200 RPM
    - GeForce 8600M GT

Peripherals are to die for though :P:

- Aivia Osmium mechanical keyboard with rubber dampeners installed to lower noise
    - Roccat Kone Pure mouse w/ Roccat Taito mouse pad
    - 25" HP 1080 monitor 5ms

Extra:

- 3 empty Axe sprays holding my laptop elevated above ground
    - 1 huge fan blowing air during the summer
    - CAT7 Ethernet cable and CAT6 wall-to-modem cable for maximum error reduction from today's endless wi-fi sources

Yes...that is a VGA cable.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-03-25 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Thumbnails please!

7 year old laptop? I assume it's doing double-duty as the room radiator by the looks of it.

Oh yeah when that GPU heats up to 67 degrees in BGs I can safely turn my heat down to 18 Celsius, and the fan will blow out the rest of the necessary heat to compensate...and still after 7 years it's managed to somehow not melt down. Say what you will about Dell today, but they built this one pretty sturdily.

Is that bottle of water for if it catches on fire? Points for the ghetto cooling though.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.

Haha no if it catches fire I'll call a priest, dig a hole and say a fond farewell to 1600$ well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Is that bottle of water for if it catches on fire? Points for the ghetto cooling though.
    This just in, you don't throw water into burning electronics.

High Overlord
    Dual monitor stand should be here tomorrow, and my second monitor should be here Wednesday. Will hopefully take pictures that night or Thursday. Can't wait and really excited to have everything finally!

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardApologist View Post
    ...sorry I don't support companies who only a few years ago helped create a generation of ignorant computer users who think still think that macintoshes "just work" and that they don't have viruses. I will rue the day when knowing anything about the macintosh OS will become a sort of a mandatory thing for me. I'm a computer science student but this company just deserves to go up in flames, they've done nothing but create misconceptions about the computer world and help build cults for their products.

two separate video cards, as in dual GPU, not a single GPU split in two

also, the ignorant one is the one who doesn't know, refusing to learn something by definition makes you ignorant

i have a mix of apple, windows and linux at home, and the apple stuff really does 'just work', of course i know how it works, but for the average user it's magic, which im fine with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    This just in, you don't throw water into burning electronics.
    well, if it is on fire....

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

CPU - AMD FX-8350 @ 4.4ghz
    Motherboard - ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0
    Graphics - MSI R9 270X 4gb Gaming
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR3 1600mhz
    Power supply - Corsair AX850
    Audio Card - Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
    Hard drive 1 - Western Digital Black 1TB
    Hard drive 2 - Western Digital Black 1TB
    Hard drive 3 - Samsung 500GB
    Optical drive - Sony 24x DVD-RW
    Fan controller - Scythe Kaze Master Pro
    Case - Cooler Master Haf XB Evo
    Cooling - Corsair H100i in push/pull
    OS - Windows 8.1 Pro
    Last edited by muffinss; 2014-03-25 at 05:29 AM.

Adding on to Cyanotical: the owner does.

Head over to newegg.com and check the price of a pair of w9000s (effectively the same GPU as the d700). Those are going to set you back about $7000.

Go to Apple.com, spec out a mac pro with a pair of d700s: that'll cost you $4000. Order a new mac with the GPUs you want, swap them with the one in your current mac, then set fire to that system you just recieved. You've still saved $3000. Even at the very low end, a comparable configuration from HP or Lenovo is going to settle in at about $4400 with the w7000s, Apple's base model is $3200.

Somehow Tim Cook has managed to strike a deal so good that Apple is able to sell you the GPU and give away the rest of the system for free. If you need that sort of hardware: a mac pro is a damn good deal. It seems like whatever Apple did, they've secured pricing nobody else is able to match. If that means they're the only supplier for new hardware then so be it: it's still cheaper than any other option available.
    Last edited by evn; 2014-03-25 at 05:50 AM.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

The hate being thrown at the Mac Pro, and Apple in general is the fruit of ignorance.

Saying the Mac Pro is overpriced, merely confirms bias towards the company, rather than objective criticism. Bias is ignorance. Refusing to be educated by sticking to an erroneous standpoint is stupidity.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Just try to argument it better, for your own sake.

You will not find a system, with the Mac Pro's hardware, nigh perfect symbiosis between soft- and hardware and level of engineering. Especially not, at that price.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2014-03-25 at 11:30 PM.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    The hate being thrown at the Mac Pro, and Apple in general is the fruit of ignorance.

Saying the Mac Pro is overpriced, merely confirms bias towards the company, rather than objective criticism. Bias is ignorance. Refusing to be educated by sticking to an erroneous standpoint is stupidity.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Just try to argument it better, for your own sake.

You will not find a system, with the Mac Pro's hardware, nigh perfect symbiosis between soft- and hardware and level of engineering. Especially not, at that price.
    So many of the posts like this I would like to +1

That's enough with the Apple discussion, brand bashing is forbidden across the forum, but especially so in this thread.

My new build!
    Eyecandy!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

CPU is I7 4770k
    Last edited by Str8Tripa; 2014-03-26 at 02:20 AM.

i cant tell from the pic of boxes. do you have a heatsink or watercooling plan for the cpu? just curious
    My 2010-2014 Build *updated as of 4/4/14*
    Instagram follow @TheDrawingMil

Yeah the stock Intel heatsink looks so out of place
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1130MHz/1750MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

I have to save some more to get oil cooling I could throw my H110 on it but I feel this setup deserves ek components!