1. #13301
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Oh man that Schiit website is hilarious!

    You guys swear on the quality? I think I'm going to make an investment...
    Edit: While I'm at it, any suggested headphones to pair with it?
    I have heard nothing but amazing feedback regarding Schiit, and look forward to taking the plunge in the future.

    Knowing that I am getting a bit off topic by doing so.. but..
    As far as headphones, that depends on price, sound taste and personal opinion. You should really do some research if you are considering going the route of quality audio. A solid starting point would be the link provided in my signature. Of course you are always welcome to ask once you have refined your question a bit beyond "suggest me a pair of headphones".
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

    Dell U2711 27" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Zowie FK1 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

  2. #13302
    Scarab Lord Kostattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellas
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    snip
    Oi take the monitor off the kid's table!

  3. #13303
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Oh man that Schiit website is hilarious!

    You guys swear on the quality? I think I'm going to make an investment...
    Edit: While I'm at it, any suggested headphones to pair with it?
    If you are going to drop more than 100 bucks on audio hardware, go to a proper high-end audio store and try it out. Actually listening to music through the headphones and seeing if you like it is worth so much more than a dozen people telling you what they sound like.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

    Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

  4. #13304
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Majesticii to get that 670 in did you have to remove the OD/floppy cages? Can you remove the floppy and keep the OD one? Also how big is the back plate cut for a big cooler like Evo?
    I have between this case (micro one tho) and Aerocool's dead silence for a few days and cannot decide yet. Although i like Aerocool's more there seems to be a small cut (odd) at backplate.
    Backplate i cannot tell you because i have the mini-itx version. Which would make a backplate cutout rather silly.
    About the OD, i didn't really look at it that much. Basicly took it out by automation. I CAN tell you that you can use the OD tray and a fullsize graphics card, but you have to remove one of the 120mm fans on top. And you can't use a top H105/H100i for example.

    But err... who uses floppy and disc these days D: Dat shit is beyond unconvenient.

  5. #13305
    Scarab Lord Kostattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellas
    Posts
    4,490
    Cool thanks, i was interested, if i was going for it, to remove the floppy but keep the OD. On same cases the OD and floppy are bolted together so you dont have the choice to keep OD only.

    Ohhhh, you know why i asked about the backplate? Cause on the website i usually shop it show's backplate on side for the mini! After your reply had a look at bitfenix website...mini is horizontal backplate and micro vertical...

  6. #13306
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    17,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you are going to drop more than 100 bucks on audio hardware, go to a proper high-end audio store and try it out. Actually listening to music through the headphones and seeing if you like it is worth so much more than a dozen people telling you what they sound like.
    I feel the following should be mentioned, though:

    15-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
    Try Asgard 2 in your own house for 15 days. If you don’t like it, simply send it back for a refund, minus a 5% transaction fee. Try spending 15 days in an audio store. They’ll kick you out. Unless you buy them donuts. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  7. #13307
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    So i didn't really like the subwoofer setup, my room is too small and I didn't feel like the A5+'s and ASW610 complemented eachother and it was hard to crossover when the A5+'s essentially stop around 120hz (eventhough the sheet says 50hz +-1.5db).

    So i brought it back for a partial refund + B&W P7's.

    Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

    They sound unlike any headset i've tried. You really don't have the notion you're listening to cans.

  8. #13308

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Just moved so walls and etc. are pretty plain and cable management non-existant. Here's an overall pic though:

    Everything can change color except the Blackwidow, so I just made everything green to match for the pic lol.

    Hey dude, i saw picture of your Computer Desk and i wanna ask you for dimensions if it's not problem because i really like it.
    Thanks.

  9. #13309
    Mechagnome protput's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    So i didn't really like the subwoofer setup, my room is too small and I didn't feel like the A5+'s and ASW610 complemented eachother and it was hard to crossover when the A5+'s essentially stop around 120hz (eventhough the sheet says 50hz +-1.5db).

    So i brought it back for a partial refund + B&W P7's.

    They sound unlike any headset i've tried. You really don't have the notion you're listening to cans.
    B&W is legit. Good choice!
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

  10. #13310
    Brewmaster Majesticii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    B&W is legit. Good choice!
    Yeah, even given the steep price, i'm having no buyers-remorse with this one. Takes a while for it to open up though. Some reviews say it's actually a matter of days/weeks.

    But they already sound better than my A5's. That's for sure.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-04-11 at 10:19 PM.

  11. #13311
    Awesome gaming computers, you are lucky

  12. #13312
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Yeah, even given the steep price, i'm having no buyers-remorse with this one. Takes a while for it to open up though. Some reviews say it's actually a matter of days/weeks.

    But they already sound better than my A5's. That's for sure.
    You'll definitely see some change after several weeks. General rule of them for quality headphones, allow "burn in" time before judging them.

    P7's look like a work of art. Though I'd personally be hesitant to make that kind of purchase. Between all the leather, I wouldn't look forward to sweaty ears or the possibility of the headband tugging at my hair. Personal taste aside, those are absolutely beautiful cans.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

    Dell U2711 27" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Zowie FK1 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

  13. #13313
    Phenom ITX, so far:






  14. #13314
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,185
    Very tasty looking build you've got there.

    What's that in the lower drivecage though? Akust something.

  15. #13315
    Stood in the Fire Starbrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    399
    maybe this? i duno
    My 2010-2014 Build *updated as of 4/4/14*
    Instagram follow @TheDrawingMil

  16. #13316
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Very tasty looking build you've got there.

    What's that in the lower drivecage though? Akust something.
    It's a fan controller for the 230mm up front. The display shows RPM.

    I removed all the side panel I/O. Going to flip it over to the opposite side and install a large window that dips down to showcase the fan controller. I have the window but it will be a few weeks before I can get to the tools to cut the panel.

    Here's a close up of the controller:


  17. #13317
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,185
    Interesting. As for the rest of the specs, Imma make a guess...

    Motherboard's an MSI Z77iA-E53.
    So the processor is probably an i5 2500k or 3570k.
    RAM is G.Skill Ares, presumably 8GB kit unless you went baller.
    Graphics card is an EVGA GTX 660 far as I can tell.
    The exact brand of your AIO cooler isn't really visible, but at least I'm pretty sure it's one of Asetek's generic models.

    Anyhow, it looks pretty darn good.

  18. #13318
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Interesting. As for the rest of the specs, Imma make a guess...

    Motherboard's an MSI Z77iA-E53.
    So the processor is probably an i5 2500k or 3570k.
    RAM is G.Skill Ares, presumably 8GB kit unless you went baller.
    Graphics card is an EVGA GTX 660 far as I can tell.
    The exact brand of your AIO cooler isn't really visible, but at least I'm pretty sure it's one of Asetek's generic models.

    Anyhow, it looks pretty darn good.
    • MSI Z77IA-E53
    • i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz
    • G Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-2133
    • EVGA GTX 660Ti 2GB FTW Sig 2
    • Intel BXRTS2011LC (Made by Asetek)

    Thanks. It should be pretty slick once I'm finished with it (I hope). I had to change it up because I broke my old case (Cubitek Mini Cube) attempting to redo the cable management. That's why the hardware is older. It keeps up with everything I play at 1080p, though. Once DDR4 hits I'll probably splurge on a 4K outfit.

  19. #13319
    Elemental Lord Drunkenvalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,185
    Dang, almost got it. What's powering it? Is it a Corsair PSU w/ Gunmetal Gray cable kit?

  20. #13320
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Dang, almost got it. What's powering it? Is it a Corsair PSU w/ Gunmetal Gray cable kit?
    The PSU is an XFX TS550 non-modular (refresh of their Core series). The cables are Bitfenix extensions.

    Storage is a Sandisk 128GB SSD (OS), a Seagate 750GB SSHD (Games), and a Seagate 1TB 7200RPM HDD (Storage & Media). The SSD and SSHD are in WD Ice Packs.

    And yes, I realize the heat sinks are unnecessary. I used them for a more uniform look.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •